928 Amber - FM Radio missing?

PPCFreak

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Even if you find the Reg key for it, even the experts over at XDA can't write to the reg....

I hope soon, I called Nokia and told them the facts that I know (even their website says all models support it except the 620). The BS stories is enough, I had better luck with HTC than this. I called their number and if they can't provide me with FM radio on this phone, I want a refund for this phone. They moved my case up, I am waiting for a call back. I'll buy another HTC 8X and never buy another Nokia phone again.

Nokia can bite it if they are giving this BS story out. If it's Verizon, then let me know but, don't lie to me about it. There is plenty of proof that the 928 supports FM radio, even from Nokia's mouth.
I am 100% with you on this.
So tired of spec sheets and advertising saying one thing and then Verizon disabling **** and trying to play it off as hardware.Until MS or Nokia says ootherwise I call BS on Verizon trying to rope people into using more data for radio streaming over data connections.

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I think Verizon has something to do with this...

They probably screwed up FM Radio like they did with Group Messaging.

WhyFiNYC

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I think Verizon has something to do with this...

They probably screwed up FM Radio like they did with Group Messaging.

....or maybe they just want you to consume more data by accessing your music stored in the cloud...

/tinfoil hat

Trevor Halsey

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
Diag tool? tried the old method ##634# please post back I have the L810 and will call Nokia tomorrow to complain, I also tweeted the complaint.

I don't remember exactly which Lumia it was, but I only saw the tool on Nokia remote device. Its not on any of the consumer devices, afaik. Its just an app called diagnostics that seems to just sit nicely in their app list.

Sent from my RM-860 (Lumia 928) using the OFFICIAL Tapatalk app.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Just because the chip supports fm-radio, it doesn't mean all the required hardware is installed. I remember back in the day with the TP2 everybody stated that it had support for a fm-radio but we found out the hadware wasn't installed on the cdma chip. Other GSM carriers that carried the phone had the fm-radio enabled except for Verizon and sprint.

Yea that was bloody nuisance :eck:.. I would imagine Verizon either screwed up the update but who knows they may have deliberately disabled it.

lippidp

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
I hope you dudes are able to get this resolved. The important lesson to take away from this is to always buy a phone that does what you want as is and never expect an update no matter what you read or someone tells you. We've seen it time and time again where promised updates never come or don't work as advertised. It is sad that it has come to this, but this is the reality in the cell phone industry regardless of OS, make, or model.

Yeahha

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
....or maybe they just want you to consume more data by accessing your music stored in the cloud...

/tinfoil hat
I was thinking the same thing...Them pushing tiered data so much...guess I am lucky to still have my unlimited data...sadly I wanted the FM radio to listen to football games at work...where I get crappy signal...used to use my old Android phones for the same thing...

Reminds me of when they played with the bluetooth on the V710

https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...c/footer/legalNotices/v710.jsp&token=ylPEN5B8

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I was thinking the same thing...Them pushing tiered data so much...guess I am lucky to still have my unlimited data...sadly I wanted the FM radio to listen to football games at work...where I get crappy signal...used to use my old Android phones for the same thing...

Reminds me of when they played with the bluetooth on the V710

https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...c/footer/legalNotices/v710.jsp&token=ZQohvlV4

Man, I remember that... that V710 I waited like 6-8 months for that phone to be released and was there the day Verizon opened with that phone. How times have changed...

Yeahha

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
it has the 8960 so the chip supports it (technically), also i mentioned there MIGHT be an update so just speculating :p
Yeah there could always be another update...just seems odd that they chose to not include it with this one since well all the other lumina phones are getting it with this update...I am a proud wearer of the tinfoil hat that VZW is behind this to push for folks to chew up their data plans...
Man, I remember that... that V710 I waited like 6-8 months for that phone to be released and was there the day Verizon opened with that phone. How times have changed...
Yeah I know the feeling...I was waiting for months to get the thunderbolt, the galaxy nexus, and the 928...I was sore when VZW didn't get a 920 variant with all the other carriers...I am in the same boat as you with the looking forward to the radio...I suppose that better camera is nice and all but that wasn't what I was looking forward to...

smurfercom

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Nokia tweeted a reply and said this.

#NL810 @updatetheL810

@NokiaCareUS Why no FM radio and no WFC. - 17 Aug

Nokia Care US @NokiaCareUS

@updatetheL810 It doesn't have the hardware required for FM radio, but new update brings the Nokia Smart Camera. bit.ly/14VcWKH ^RS

11:15 AM - 17 Aug 13

pechio

May 19, 2013
Visit site

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Please look at the Nokia website -> here <- The only radio Nokia specifies is Internet Radio, nothing about FM radio. It will be about 3/4 of the way down the page. Sorry.

falconrap

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
This is definitely class action lawsuit material. All of the specs out there state it's FM radio capable. If, by some miracle, they have some special version of the chip without FM radio support, then it is at lease false advertisement. If the chip is in there and they are disabling it, despite the specs showing it supports that, then that's another ballgame, and Verizon really needs to watch what they are doing. They're history of doing this is going to really cost them a ton of money at some point.

smurfercom

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm using the 925 as an example I re tweeted and asked what the difference is between our phones and the 925. Let's see what they have to say about that.

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
This is definitely class action lawsuit material. All of the specs out there state it's FM radio capable. If, by some miracle, they have some special version of the chip without FM radio support, then it is at lease false advertisement. If the chip is in there and they are disabling it, despite the specs showing it supports that, then that's another ballgame, and Verizon really needs to watch what they are doing. They're history of doing this is going to really cost them a ton of money at some point.

If you're looking at specs from a website other than Nokia, it is possible that info is wrong. The Nokia site clearly shows only Internet Radio. There is nothing mentioned about FM.

Is it possible the other sites were just copying and pasting the specs from the L920 to make their job easier?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb