Amber install failure: 8018830f fault code

Sthaukeb

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Anyone else having trouble install the Amber update?
I only get the fault code: 8018830f when the phone tries to install the update

randomscandinavian

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Same here. Seems to be a problem with the Norwegian download, unless there was a bug in the previous update which has made further updates impossible. I doubt it. Mostly Norwegians on the carrier Telenor who are experiencing this, judging from the various forum threads. I'm not going to manually do anything that deletes all my settings and stuff. I'm sure Telenor will fix this on their end once tomorrow's work day starts and people begin to phone in their complaints.

Daveiac

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem. Lumia 920, Norway, carrier is Netcom but the phone is a Telenor phone: 059Q927: RM-821_Telenor_Norway_VAR241760 _12421_004_Black_01_Yellow.
I don't know whether this is an issue with Telenor or the phone version itself. Product code can be found using Nokia Care Suite or Nokia Software Updater For Retail and the product name can be matched using this reference.
Neither Care Suite nor Nokia Software Update shows the amber update for my model.

randomscandinavian

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Maybe it will change for the better when the update is actually pushed. We are only gettting it now by checking for updates manually. Maybe the file hasn't gotten the right signature yet or something. However that works. Just thinking out loud now really, I have no idea. :)

svenzich

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Same 8018830f error here on Telenor, Norway. Will download but not open/run the update. I figured it could be smart to factory reset/hard reset the phone, but I have had the spinning wheels since yesterday and when I woke up the battery was flat. Charging it now and the spinning wheels continue where they left off completely useless.

Skogulf

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
"The wheels will never stop spinning" Common error with hard resets unfortunately. There's a fix somewhere here on the forums, or you could just return it. Would get you the update too I imagine.

Lumiate

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
I appreciate that?s frustrating. Your phone will be ok. The spinning wheels ?til battery drains thing can happen. Simply hard reset/boot the phone. I don?t think the problem is on your phones end. I think Telenor has simply uploaded the update to some server so we can see it but can?t run the update yet.

Please don?t anyone reset their phones until we know more about the cause of the error.

Skogulf

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
The update downloads fine, file just doesnt open. It seems it's version-spesific. Users with Telenor-roms 059Q934, 059Q933, etc are unable to update. A user on facebook reported this, and he flashed his Lumia 920 to 059Q920 and that worked for him. Solutions that involve hard-resetting is no go for me though.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion