AT&T HTC 8X GDR2 update

Doohickie

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
I got the notification. I will do the update as soon as I get home (no Wifi available at work; it wants Wifi to do the update). I'll report if anything interesting happens.

jlangner

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Well that is a good sign...I hope that means they found the issue and are resuming deployment.

Last edited:

Doohickie

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
I don't even know what that feature does.

So as of right now, the phone is working fine. I used the FM radio for a bit, went for a bike ride and used a tracking app. Seems okay so far.

Doohickie

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
I haven't. Then again, I never used it before. I just use the Music + Videos app. In fact I don't even have Xbox Music on my phone.

Doohickie

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
I found this article about HTC GDR2 update. It says to recover temporary file space out of Other Storage, you have to download the Make More Space app from HTC, which has options to reduce music+videos, pictures, documents, apps and temporary files. When I click on temporary files, it registers the selection (you can see the text shift a bit) and then it does nothing. Selecting any of the other options takes you to the appropriate app/hub to allow you to erase media or unload apps. So I would call Make More Space a bust at this point.

But hey, FM radio.

jaj324

Banned
May 12, 2012
Visit site
I found this article about HTC GDR2 update. It says to recover temporary file space out of Other Storage, you have to download the Make More Space app from HTC, which has options to reduce music+videos, pictures, documents, apps and temporary files. When I click on temporary files, it registers the selection (you can see the text shift a bit) and then it does nothing. Selecting any of the other options takes you to the appropriate app/hub to allow you to erase media or unload apps. So I would call Make More Space a bust at this point.

But hey, FM radio.

I just tried the Make More Space app. When I tapped the temp files the number it was showing went from 1.1G to 573kb but my other storage didn't go down.....

Doohickie

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
So I repeatedly tried running Shrink Storage and Make More Space after doing the GDR2 update, with minimal results. Tonight I took the plunge and did a hard reset. Here are the results. Apps went down a little because there are a couple of apps that couldn't reload- the Samsung folder for instance. I'm think there was only one or two other apps that I didn't load, but apps storage is about 11% smaller, and other storage is a whopping 53% smaller. My phone wasn't really that close to capacity, but I've been curious how much difference a hard reset would make.

We'll see if other storage creeps up as I use the phone for maps and stuff.

Attachments

• 011.png
    011.png
    65.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 024.png
    024.png
    72 KB · Views: 0

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member