Amber Update UK Thread

Tom Crook1

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Thought it would be a good idea for us UK users to be able to compile all information in one thread.
Has anyone received the update yet? If so what network?

I've asked EE for information in a few places but they don't seem very forthcoming. The one bit of information I have read doesn't seem very promising at all (taken from FB)...

EE
Hi XXXXX, we do not currently have any news on updates for the Nokia 920 but we will make any updates available as soon as possible for download via Nokia Zune.
Like ? Reply ? 13 August at 17:16

:confused:

Del1701

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't trust ee as far as I could throw them, they've had my 920 in for repair for weeks now, and this is the second time, they don't know their arse from their elbow :mad:

Sent from the event horizon of a quantum singularity :D

Tom Crook1

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
I went through similar, they had it a month. They didn't update the information on the Repair Tracker either so I constantly had to go in and out of the shop and make calls to find out the status.

polomint

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Still waiting for the EE update, :( I flashed the French Amber ROM, and it's working great so far, although I assume the EE update will be offered to my phone soon, :)

adesonic

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I have a sim free version of the 920 which I assume is the "country variant" shown on the update page. The update page is nice to have, but without knowing what the different categories are, it is not very helpful. Still, the have said all updates will be available by the end of September, which is soon enough to keep me from flashing some Rom of t'internet!

Verner

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
"Waiting for Approval" on the country variant? Guess that means unbranded-unlocked will be last to receive again then.

Brilliant and bloody typical!!

:-(

You would have surely thought that the unbranded ones should have got the update first, or am I being silly?

If even they would give us a rough date....I hate the uncertainty of not knowing when/if I'll get the update.

Mark Everingham

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Still waiting for the EE update, :( I flashed the French Amber ROM, and it's working great so far, although I assume the EE update will be offered to my phone soon, :)

I'm afraid you assume wrong, you will now only be offered future updates for whatever French ROM you have used when they are available, and not any future EE ROM updates.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm afraid you assume wrong, you will now only be offered future updates for whatever French ROM you have used when they are available, and not any future EE ROM updates.

or most likely not get any more OTA. If your product code is different to the ROM you've flashed, chances are your phone won't be recognised anymore for any OTA.

anon(5354452)

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Brilliant and bloody typical!!

:-(

You would have surely thought that the unbranded ones should have got the update first, or am I being silly?

If even they would give us a rough date....I hate the uncertainty of not knowing when/if I'll get the update.

Yeah I'm surprised unlocked-unbranded aren't the first to receive this update really but in another way I'm not surprised to be honest, it happened with portico too, the update was just randomly available.

Sorry, i'm from Argentina, it says "Waiting for approval"

Whats the difference between Waiting for approval and Coming Soon?

I'd assume that "Coming Soon" meant that it had been approved and will be distributed soon-ish™.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)