Amber Update UK Thread

lukemholl

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Disappointed to see we're still sat on 'Coming Soon'

I can only assume that no matter how soon it's approved (though with the unlocked version, I don't see any excuse at all) it still depends on when Nokia see us worthy of actually being allowed it :eck:

andrewkeith5

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Christ! How many times, it's not Nokia. They've released the update to the carriers. It's the carriers who are delaying it!

No, it isn't. We are talking about the CV GB variant, which has nothing to do with the carriers and, in any case, is already approved as it is as the Coming Soon stage.

Regardless, the carriers don't actually deploy any updates. All they do is test them on their network, then it's up to Nokia to schedule deployment OTA from the Nokia servers.

What's frustrating right now is that the Coming Soon stage, which in Nokia's own words is "approved, in final pre-release checks." appears to be taking an awful long time (a full week now).

Hornet2012

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
If the CV GB update includes 4G then I won't be surprised if we don't see the update till the 29th of August when O2 and Vodafone launch their 4G!

Paul Nicholas

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Never, I repeat never give your phone to a network to repair it. Take it to a nokia store or mail it to nokia. EE can invalidate your warranty from Nokia. I had a friend who sent a phone to EE to get it back in a worse state, took it to a nokia store and they said the seals that void the warranty have been teared, they also screwed the screws in the wrong way, they said it was a real cowboy job and they couldn't fix it because the warranty was void.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Never, I repeat never give your phone to a network to repair it. Take it to a nokia store or mail it to nokia. EE can invalidate your warranty from Nokia. I had a friend who sent a phone to EE to get it back in a worse state, took it to a nokia store and they said the seals that void the warranty have been teared, they also screwed the screws in the wrong way, they said it was a real cowboy job and they couldn't fix it because the warranty was void.

That is another reason to buy the phone unbranded and sim free where possible.

adesonic

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
That is another reason to buy the phone unbranded and sim free where possible.

Absolutely agree, I made a decision some time ago to get on the cheapest possible SIM only plan and buy my own handsets, I have zero confidence in the technical abilities of any of the operators. They may know their stuff at the network engineering level, but when it comes to handsets they are clueless.

Del1701

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site

I totally agree with you, I bought my 920 from EE and after 3 weeks of use it started to go wrong, battery would suddenly drain, missing music tracks, messenger not working, EE refused to replace it so off it went to their repair centre to be fixed under warranty :(
OMG what a nightmare, it came back with all the same bugs plus the camera was broke :eek: so I sent it back again :( this time it took a month for them to fix it and all that time all I got was the run around from the repair centre, EE call centre blatantly lied to me about my 920, firstly telling me it was lost then found then lost again, then the shop would resolve the issue for me but when I got there all they did was phone the call centre who had no record of my previous calls :eek: or the fact that my 920 had gone in for repair :banghead: and couldn't help me, and the repair centre said nothing.
I finally got my 920 back and they allegedly replaced the battery, and housing :eek: it was spotless when it went in and updated the firmware again to the same one it had when I bought it, absolutely pointless.
Never again from a network.

Sent from the event horizon of a quantum singularity :D

Mannymiller

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
just got a massive update from o2 uk.. could it be amber ? fingers crossed... after about 20 minutes stuck on 100% install.. amber is out on o2 uk..

Last edited:

Mannymiller

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
i usually get updates alerts about 9pm.. it didnt show any.. so did a manual check.. and there it was... its just finished installing, data sense and fm radio all there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss