Amber Update UK Thread

tomcrook

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
People are spamming EE's facebook and they're responding with the same post. Seems they don't actually have a clue.

Hello , we will only release a firmware once it is perfect and has been approved by our testers. Our thoroughness can sometimes mean a delay in this being released. It will show in Zune once it is available

robnewton

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
first impression, battery life is improved even with the new screen doo-dads turned on. usually i take my phone off charge at 7am(ish) & by the time i go to bed about 11pm im on battery saver or critical. its about 5:30pm & ive still got 70% left, very rarely i have more than 60% left at this time.
I seem to be having some issues getting my phone to charge wirelessy though, anyone else?

tomcrook

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Why are you giving out false information regarding the Amber update for the Nokia Lumia range? The update will NEVER appear on Zune as Zune is not used to update Windows 8 Phones. Please may we have some proper information regarding the release of the update?

Fired that at them.

Lumia928

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
EE need to get their act together - complete joke. As soon as this update hit the masses in the US it should have been released here a day or two after.

EE have been useless to Nokia, the amount of stores I went in who claimed they didn't have the 920 in stock or wouldn't sell me one even though I was on contract with them. In the end I had to purchase a second hand 920, but that is not good for Nokia sales especially when EE had exclusivity.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I think I am going to hold out till over the weekend (if I can resist the temptation to update! lol) see if any more issues crop up as greycouncillor mentioned reception issues and robnewton indicated there was an issue charging wirelessly Not to mention Verner with his tempermental lock screen lol

Edit: Can anyone confirm if Bluetooth drivers have been updated to 4.0 LE?

Last edited:

greycounciller

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I think I am going to hold out till over the weekend......see if any more issues crop up as greycouncillor mentioned reception issues and robnewton indicated there was an issue charging wirelessly Not to mention Verner with his tempermental lock screen lol

I thought I'd reinstall again without using my pre-amber backup option to see what difference it makes and notice the product code for the firmware is 059R4H6, not the same as the EE one 059R1W4. Don't know if this has made a difference reception wise. And is it me or has each update from the original F/W resulted in loss in sound quality via Bluetooth? I notice when playing my music in car. It also seems snappier if you do a fresh install from what I can tell. No problem with DT-900 wireless charger

Last edited:

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
first impression, battery life is improved even with the new screen doo-dads turned on. usually i take my phone off charge at 7am(ish) & by the time i go to bed about 11pm im on battery saver or critical. its about 5:30pm & ive still got 70% left, very rarely i have more than 60% left at this time.
I seem to be having some issues getting my phone to charge wirelessy though, anyone else?

Yeah I'm happy with the amber update so far. I noticed that I had to be a bit more precise placing my 920 on the fatboy pillow charger for it to charge wirelessly. Not sure why, although I do recall it happening before the update as well. I'm guessing, in my case, the charger has been moving around a bit in the pillow.

Verner

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
Lockscreen appears to be fully functional again......bizarre.
Apart from that, which is now ok, everything else is hunkydory.
Wireless charging seem fine also.....

Verner

Harry Ola

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I am on Orange and 3047.0000.1326.2021 is showing up for me now in NSU for Retail. I have not updated it as I am waiting for an OTA version, but just a heads up for anyone waiting for EE to do something.

charliekrad

May 19, 2012
Visit site
Well it seems like Amber for the lower end Lumias, 620s and the like, are 'coming soon', and no change in the status of EE's 920. Guys, its safe to say that EE is an a****** b****** c*** of a provider.

On the plus side, the My EE app for windows phone (which I found out exists yesterday) was updated today. Not all doom and gloom...

MY EE | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Finally, The your orange app was terrible and hadnt been updated in nearly a year! 10/07/2012

This is good news!

mookhan

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Well it seems like Amber for the lower end Lumias, 620s and the like, are 'coming soon', and no change in the status of EE's 920. Guys, its safe to say that EE is an a****** b****** c*** of a provider.

On the plus side, the My EE app for windows phone (which I found out exists yesterday) was updated today. Not all doom and gloom...

MY EE | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Your are correct.
The only reason I got my Lumia 920 from EE was because they had a promo offer on the PAYG handsets. So I purchased my handset via that and swapped the micro sim for my Virgin Mobile one. Generally I get my PAYG handsets from Carphone Warehouse as the handsets they sell are unlocked and unbranded.
So Im tempted to reflash the ROM for the UK country variant one. The handset is still sim locked but if I did reflash the ROM would I still be able to unlock it?

Nick_1020

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
So...will the Bluetooth changes make it possible to have a functioning heart rate monitor that will work with apps like Runtastic and Sports Tracker?

tomcrook

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
UPDATE!

Somebody asked a similar question on facebook, EE's reply was...

Hi XXXXX, we're expecting to release the update soon. You'll receive a push update direct to the device to advise when it is available to download

I couldn't resist a sarcastic response

I thought it was going to be showing on Zune?

Last edited:

greycounciller

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
@mookhan
Unlocking of phones goes by IMEI number so a different ROM won't change that. I got mine unlocked this week and still use my T-mobile SIM in it. Was gonna go to Three but the reception around here where I live is terrible.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb