Amber Update UK Thread

Blocks9

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Had this last week, and its back. Just checked and got the same code, i think after a while it wasn't there when i decided to check again. Haven't bothered soft re setting personally, i don't think it indicates anything exciting (would love to be wrong) must be some issue with the servers perhaps?

Im still getting the same error, even after the reset. It will tell me my phone is uptodate, then when i check ten mins later I get the error code. It seems sporadic!

Blocks9

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Have just used the 150 number to ask a rep why im experiencing issues trying to update my phone, with the reply "a new update will soon be sent to your phone, you don't need to check, you'll be notified", i asked if this update was imminent, the girl said yes.

Having said that, given EE's record imminent could mean next week!

MrWhiteman

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I'm on EE and upated though the Nokia Retail thingy. It's not really worth the trouble to flash the phone for this update. Best to wait for it I think.

Nickkk101

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Have just used the 150 number to ask a rep why im experiencing issues trying to update my phone, with the reply "a new update will soon be sent to your phone, you don't need to check, you'll be notified", i asked if this update was imminent, the girl said yes.

Having said that, given EE's record imminent could mean next week!

True! I wonder if she even understood what imminent actually means...

WPC and this thread is a much more reliable notification service than anyone could ask for however- i just know it will be here i hear about it being released first! I bet you anything the announcement tweets from EE (if at all) will be DAYS after i update :)

Cubeddd

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
EE's 820 is also now 'coming soon'. Yay? Guess the 920 would be next week, with OTA a week later. Quite sad how often I visit the Nokia update page :(

Blocks9

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Considering they no longer sell the 920, its probably low priority to them! The way they have treated these updates, speaks volumes for their lack of commitment towards WP generally!

MrWhiteman

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
EE still dragging their heels, gonna bite the bullet and flash.

Which is the generic UK one? Cheers

Don't man, there is a problem with the camera's post processing and the pictures come out crap. Also it's not worth resetting your phone and losing your tiles just for a clock on the screen and a radio. I'm on EE and I wish I never flashed it.

Before image processing on Amber:
wp_ss_20130913_0011_zps93f2240a.png

After:
wp_ss_20130913_0012_zps2f26cd1a.png

polomint

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
MrWhiteman is correct. There's nothing really worth wiping your phone for. I flashed my EE 920 a bit ago with the French Amber ROM and don't know why I bothered. Now my phone won't get the EE OTA updates I believe, so I will flash back to the EE ROM when GDR3 appears :)
Nothing in GDR2 has made any real difference to how I use the phone tbh...

tomcrook

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Don't man, there is a problem with the camera's post processing and the pictures come out crap. Also it's not worth resetting your phone and losing your tiles just for a clock on the screen and a radio. I'm on EE and I wish I never flashed it.

Cheers. Is this problem also evident on the CV ROM?

oakworth

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
hi,im waiting for the official release as it might be next week although id hate the though of EE stalling on updates because they dont stock the 920 anymore, afterall all us people who bought the phone when it was 1st released were classed as the saviors of NOKIA:asleep:

BenGutt

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

I've noticed when taking pictures with the pro cam, if I instantly look back at the picture I've just taken I get a normal picture for half a second or so then is oranges up a little.
If I take the picture and then view it in HD Photo Viewer it doesn't appear orange. If I then look back to the pic in Pro Cam it looks fine.

Odd.

EDIT: Just looked at what was uploaded to skydrive and the one viewed in Pro Cam first is more orange than the one I saw in HDPV.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos