Amber Update UK Thread

Blocks9

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Seemingly, EE are terrible at updates, but in terms of overall network performance, i have no complaints. In fact, i find it more stable than the others in my area. I just wish they had more enthusiasm for Nokia and WP generally!

ste1164

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I just got my EE branded lumia back from repair. It has the lumia amber update. Is there any software versions you guys need to know (I'm new with WP8) I can download all the new apps like smart and pro cam. If I go into extras+info it says lumia amber.

greycounciller

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Could you give us the firmware number in Settings>About please?
Also, if you have 'Nokia Software Updater For Retail', do you know what product code you have?

Alex Dean

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Well they still didn't specify which model, and they still have the 820 as well as the 920 to release. Hopefully they will release both at the same time.

Blocks9

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Well they still didn't specify which model, and they still have the 820 as well as the 920 to release. Hopefully they will release both at the same time.
the 820 is shown as "coming soon" on the Nokia update page, whereas the 920 is still "waiting for approval". Its safe to assume the 820 release before the 920.

Blocks9

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
(I saw this in the Official Amber update thread for the Lumia 920, EE twitter account) EE are now admitting publicly to a delay, and blaming Microsoft in the process. So, first it was Nokia's fault, now Microsoft. They say they're awaiting a new date from Microsoft?? I've had enough, and will update manually using Navifirm. God knows when (if) this update will come now.

greycounciller

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
@ste1164.
So you have the same fw as me.
I have 2 problems though.
One is a lot of problems accessing this site and I notice now my Bluetooth navigation voices are being slightly cut, missing the 1st split seconds of announcements.
And accessing this site is becoming impossible via mobile with big problems on page navigating.

MrWhiteman

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Yep, after you pay a small fee (i think ?2), you get a username and password and can download any fw you wish.

Cool. It allows you to browse the firmwares and it's the same as the NSU so I'll hold off on my ?2 for now. I just don't get that 1326.2021 has been on there for like a month and EE are still waiting for something? Hopefully there will be a newer one which fixes the stupid camera processing bug.

Blocks9

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
The CV variant doesn't seem to have these camera issues. So i think ill flash to this later, that way i also free myself from future EE delays in updating fw. Win/Win

MrWhiteman

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
No 4G though, I suppose it won't matter if you aren't in a 4G area. If it's true that CV doesn't have the problem, I will flash as well.

hary10000

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm dying literally to flash cv from nsu...ill loose my game saves though but i really want gdr2 on top of everything else i do need fm radio, yes i still listen to fm radio sometimes on nokia 2680 cause no fm on lumia!! :X anyways can somebody please confirm there is no "yellow-light" bug in pro cam in cv update via nsu ??

Nickkk101

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site

I would not take this as proof of anything, there clearly has been a delay but one poorly worded tweet tells us nothing. Lest we forget, EE cheerily informed their WP customers for weeks that we should expect our update VIA ZUNE for christ's sake. It may have been said in public but this is not a company issuing a formal apology on behalf of their WP customers because of a Microsoft problem. I suspect like the majority of customer service reps, even those brave call centre battery hens that manage the minefields of their Social media presence know anything about the problem specifically. I'd love to be wrong on this but their form to date is woeful on technical accuracy.

The more interesting question is, what that problem may be? Firmware? some 4G issue on the EE network? hmm..

Blocks9

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Well its evident there is an issue, be it network related or camera... I agree with you, that their 'front of house' operators are clueless... But we were told the update would be made available mid month, and here we are at the 18th, with the update page still saying "awaiting approval"... So its likely days away, if not longer! Seems switching to the CV has worked for others, so im ready to jump ship.

greycounciller

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
From what I've experienced, I think there may be some issues with the update. I have browser and Bluetooth issues, not to mention drop in reception quality and camera tint (which I can live with til a fix). But Amber has been a good update in the camera area for me along with the other goodies it has brought.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)