Amber Update UK Thread

MrWhiteman

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Well its evident there is an issue, be it network related or camera... I agree with you, that their 'front of house' operators are clueless... But we were told the update would be made available mid month, and here we are at the 18th, with the update page still saying "awaiting approval"... So its likely days away, if not longer! Seems switching to the CV has worked for others, so im ready to jump ship.

I'm now downloading the CV rom, I'll let you know how it turns out :D

Blocks9

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Why didn't Vodafone or others find a problem with the 920 Amber update? Why just EE??

No one knows what is going on! They tell us nothing, other than contrary statements ... from customer support staff who obviously haven't been told anything. As one member said, they even said the update would be out soon via Zune. *bangs head against wall* ... Im updating my phone atm via navifirm with the CV fw! Will update when its installed.

Blocks9

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Watchdog on BBC1 is doing a piece on EE's 4G problems, and increase in amount of dropped calls! Seems they have more 'important' problems to deal with, than our update woes!

Blocks9

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Just to let everyone know, I flashed my phone to the portico CV fw, then updated to GDR2 thru the phone update in settings. All seems fine, glance, pro cam and double tap to waken all working great. I now have data sense, too :)

MrWhiteman

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I got it to work by selecting "No connection' from the drop down box on the left

EDIT: Sorry to say but the CV ROM does not fix the over-processing pictures issue

Last edited:

BenGutt

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
No 4G though, I suppose it won't matter if you aren't in a 4G area. If it's true that CV doesn't have the problem, I will flash as well.

The CV version for the UK includes an option for 4G, not that I've tested it. I flashed a couple of weeks ago, no more dependency on EE getting their act together for me!

MrWhiteman

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Yea I realised it had 4G when I flashed it last night, but it didn't fix the camera issue which is what I wanted it for. I have flashed back to the EE firmware because I've got to take my phone back soon because the top speaker is blown.

D0gsballs

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
EE tweeted me when I said it's mid-Sept now and it's still showing as Awaiting Approval meaning it'll be end of Sept by the time they release it. Also told them it's the lack of communication that is the worse thing. They replied with;

"Hopefully it will be here soon! Sorry for the disappointment. Thanks".

Hopefully and Soon. Fills me with hope /sarcasm

Arizona Daz

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys,

Very happy bunny hear...got my update today!!!!

But, I had to re-download a couple of apps (Sky News, The Weather Channel) and my Nokia Account app isn't working anymore!? But I'm still happy!!

nsp24

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
my unlocked EE 920 is updating NOW!

Buy the way these spinning cogs always annoy me how they do not interlock!

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans