Amber Update UK Thread

TechnoBull

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
Hmmm.... I was one of the impatient ones that used the firmware available on Nokia's servers... Having just looked at the version of firmware EE have just released, seems my early firmware download is not up to date as it is only:

:-/

That's not good :( so can you get the latest now or not

Cubeddd

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
How have we lived without this update for so long? Installed smoothly, and under an hour.

• Data Sense works fine
  • Radio is awesome
  • Flip to silence
  • double tap and glance
  • Call/SMS blocking

Was hoping for a UK podcast store but, oh well. It's pretty awesome anyway.

dznk

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Mines just completed successfully. Only checked this thread earlier and thought I'd be waiting weeks for it to arrive!
I've got an EE phone but using a Virgin Sim and it looks to have gone through fine.

OS version now 8.0.10328.78 and Firmware 3047.0000.1326.2021

Alex Dean

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Mines just completed successfully. Only checked this thread earlier and thought I'd be waiting weeks for it to arrive!
I've got an EE phone but using a Virgin Sim and it looks to have gone through fine.

OS version now 8.0.10328.78 and Firmware 3047.0000.1326.2021

I'm doing exactly the same as you; only way I could get a 920 with my current contract ;) Think the GDR2/Amber update package is great so far, I hear good things about battery life improvements so hopefully I'll start to notice changes.

dznk

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Ok thanks I shall do that, Smart Cam too, not heard of that thanks for the update :smile:
No probs, I'm looking forward to trying them both in the daylight tomorrow.

I'm doing exactly the same as you; only way I could get a 920 with my current contract ;) Think the GDR2/Amber update package is great so far, I hear good things about battery life improvements so hopefully I'll start to notice changes.
Funny you say that, as battery life is what I'm looking out for as well. I haven't had this phone long at all and my old Lumia 800 which supposed to have shorter battery life, easily gets more than my 920. So hopefully it improves for me with this update.

Alex Dean

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I also noticed that they changed the default Nokia tunes for email, messages and voicemail. Not sure I like the new ones as much (the email one in particular isn't anywhere near as loud as the old one) but I'm sure I'll get used to them in time.

dznk

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
I also noticed that they changed the default Nokia tunes for email, messages and voicemail. Not sure I like the new ones as much (the email one in particular isn't anywhere near as loud as the old one) but I'm sure I'll get used to them in time.

Thanks for that info. Just tried them on mine and to be honest, I prefer the 'old' ones which are definitely louder and easier to notice. Think I'm going to change the email one now, no way am I going to notice that go off!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte