Amber Update UK Thread

dznk

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
I had the update OTA last night on an EE UK Phone. I've done a couple of quick pics with the Pro Cam, taking a screenshot when it's saving the image, then of one afterwards just viewing it from within Pro Cam. I've posted them here. Let me know what you think. They are both fairly closeup, but I think the pics have turned out fairly well, but I haven't used it much at all yet, so time will tell. I think I need to try it in some different lighting conditions next.

Nickkk101

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
So you dont see any change in tint of the pics seconds after taking the pic? If that so then its awesome. Now only if someone who has flashed the ROM can confirm this too. Then I'll flash it happily

no, i haven't been able to shoot in all conditions yet but even indoors under horrible light, ProCam certainly captures what i see on the screen.

Angry Pixel

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
I've a unbranded phone, so is there any risk or drawbacks i should be worried about if i decide to flash with EE UK ROM? And can someone provide the direct download links? VIA Nokia care it takes a lot of time.

Angry Pixel

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
no, i haven't been able to shoot in all conditions yet but even indoors under horrible light, ProCam certainly captures what i see on the screen.

The effect is irrelevant to the lighting conditions. When you take the pic, you are bound to notice it if its there. The pic would get some yellow tint and sharpness would reduce too. If that is not there then it is awesome news for everyone. Specially those who like to take a lot of pics

SnailUK

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else have battery issues updating?

My phone downloaded the update, rebooted, then got stuck looping between the empty battery, and Nokia splash screen.

After 20 minutes of trying plugging it into various chargers, I soft reset (volume down + power), and then it sorted itself and finished the update.

What made it worse, when it did sort itself, my battery was 3/4 full, so goodness knows what happens.

Next time i'll reboot my phone before updating!

Blocks9

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I've noticed a massive improvement on my battery life. So far loving the glance and double tap feature. 😃

Im in the other boat ;( battery life for me today has been awful. I left work with 38% remaining (its usually at 60%), 1 hour later with no use (other than push email every 30 mins, weather updating, glance off) im at 22%. So all in all, my battery life has degraded since the update! Really hope it sorts itself out!

MrWhiteman

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
9841212656_8e04fa0ffa_o.png
9841211376_bbebbf3c77_o.png

SnailUK

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Have you played with the new settings for colour depth, in the display settings?

Sent from my RM-821_eu_euro1_342 using Tapatalk

MJS9

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
If I take a photo(s) with Pro Cam, and then view the photo via the camera roll shortcut button within the Pro Cam app, a green tint is applied to the photo after around 1 second. If I don't open a photo using the camera roll shortcut button within the Pro Cam app, and instead quit out to view the photo with the HD Photo Viewer app, no green tint is applied. I'll just not use the shortcut button within the app to avoid tinting all my photo's green until it's fixed.

EDIT: Scratch the above. Every photo now has a green tint no matter which photo app or viewer I use. Ah well.

I've had Filebox installed for several months, and for some reason it decided to try and upload my Camera Roll to dropbox last night. It got so far and then stopped when my dropbox limit was reached. This was odd. I wasn't using the phone at the time, and it's not tried to do this before. I assume its got something to do with the GDR2. Dropbox, an official app is long overdue.

Just minor niggles. I think the update is fantastic in general. Loving Glance and Data Sense and call blocking and the Radio. Navigating and processing on the phone is much snappier, and I'm noticing big battery improvements too. On idle its currently discharging at 1.5% per hour. Before the update this was around 3+% per hour on idle. I'll let it run down a few times in case there's some calibration needs working out. Overall, I'm pleased as punch with the update.

Last edited:

Blocks9

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
After a soft reset, my battery life has improved incredibly. Went to bed at 95% (midnight), and at 9am it was sitting at 94%. So, hopefully things have been sorted out after yesterdays battery fall.

MrWhiteman

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
After a soft reset, my battery life has improved incredibly. Went to bed at 95% (midnight), and at 9am it was sitting at 94%. So, hopefully things have been sorted out after yesterdays battery fall.
Agrees, ibelieve the battery issue only affects you for 1 charging cycle as well. Let the battery go flat, fully charge and it should be fine. Every time i flash amber i get bad battery drain until i soft reset and drain the battery

Nickkk101

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Agrees, ibelieve the battery issue only affects you for 1 charging cycle as well. Let the battery go flat, fully charge and it should be fine. Every time i flash amber i get bad battery drain until i soft reset and drain the battery

Interestingly so far today,my battery seemed to be lousy- but the day after the update, i could see an improvement. As most have seen, the 920 battery is pretty variable regardless but there was something happening today- 8/10% battery drain under an hour in standby with no use after full overnight wireless charge (glance on/peek setting) 4

Yesterday's usage meant a period in battery saver by the end of the night. I've popped it on the wired charger after doing a soft reset to see if the calibration may improve. What is is about the soft reset that makes the difference? just curious for the technical reasons if anyone knows.

UPDATE: it appears after the soft reset, the battery has improved massively. 72% ,10hrs since last charge and 1day 2hrs on standby left. moderate use today but that is ALOT better than pre amber. will see how she goes through the week, but so far so good.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers