Amber Update UK Thread

Alex Dean

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I agree on the battery life: I have been using my phone just as much as pre-Amber and by now my phone would be dead (it's now 1am after taking it off charge at 10am) and I am at 38% battery. Very happy about the Amber update, even if only for battery life!

D0gsballs

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I was just thinking this morning my battery seems to have improved. Currently at 44% left and it's 22 hours since last charge. Not sure I had the usual sort of usage yesterday, today will be more of an indicator of whether there has been any improvement, but I've never had this sort of life before so I'm so far encouraged.

relfy

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Anyone else not yet had their update from EE? Been checking every couple if hours and I just keep getting the "Your phone is up to date" message.

All the previous updates have come through really quick.

Can I force the OTA update in some way? Have soft re setted the phone and still nothing.

Anyone any ideas why I'm not getting the update yet?

Blocks9

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Anyone else not yet had their update from EE? Been checking every couple if hours and I just keep getting the "Your phone is up to date" message.

Can I force the OTA update in some way? Have soft re setted the phone and still nothing.

What is your current firmware version? May seem like a ridiculous question, but are you sure you have an EE fw installed? Your current fw version will tell us... (because you really should have received the update by now, if its an EE rom)

MrWhiteman

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site

EE Amber came out last week. Did you previously flash the phone?

relfy

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
What is your current firmware version? May seem like a ridiculous question, but are you sure you have an EE fw installed? Your current fw version will tell us... (because you really should have received the update by now, if its an EE rom)

Firmware version : 1232.5951.1249.1018

Last edited:

greycounciller

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Go to settings>Keyboard>add keyboard. Pick one with a small download. It then downloads a small system update then restarts the phone. Scan for an update after that. Hope it works.

soggs

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
Do you have the EE sim in the phone? I had to replace the virgin sim i use with the original orange one for it to update.

Mine updated with my Virgin sim in the phone so it shouldn't make a difference, but worth a try to see if it forces the update.

Blocks9

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Just wanted to check in with some of the UK crowd who downloaded this amber update recently. Has the update helped in the 'other' storage issue which seemed to affect so many? Mine has actually increased from 2.1GB to 2.3GB ... So for me, no sign of it decreasing. What about you guys? Anyone seeing a noticeable decrease?

D0gsballs

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else having wireless charging issues since the EE update? Nothing major, but it seems to be cutting out before it is fully charged.

Thought I had seen someone post this. My phone isn't even picking up the wireless charger now and it had been working fine before the update (which I did at the weekend). It charged yesterday but it seemed to keep losing the connection and again seemed to do so today as well, but now it won't even connect at all.

Edit: Actually it turns out the bloody cleaners at work had partly pulled out the plug. :angry:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel