Official Lumia 920 GDR2/Amber Update Thread

srikangyam

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
Not sure if this is the right forum to have my query answered..nevertheless I'm giving it a try..
I have a Lumia 920 black, bought it from US (it was carrier locked to ATT), and had it unlocked sometime in May. When the news of Nokia amber+GDR2 update in India..i tried to do a phone update but nothing showed up. When I made a check with Nokia Customer Care, they pointed out that as this phone was not bought in India, the updates would not happen, and the only way I can get my phone software upgraded is by flashing it.. Is it the only option??

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Not sure if this is the right forum to have my query answered..nevertheless I'm giving it a try..
I have a Lumia 920 black, bought it from US (it was carrier locked to ATT), and had it unlocked sometime in May. When the news of Nokia amber+GDR2 update in India..i tried to do a phone update but nothing showed up. When I made a check with Nokia Customer Care, they pointed out that as this phone was not bought in India, the updates would not happen, and the only way I can get my phone software upgraded is by flashing it.. Is it the only option??

You are fine, the update hasn't been rolled out to att devices yet, when it is you will get it no problem OTA.

What makes you think to the contrary? Merely stating the truth, and the facts that updates getting from these carriers to consumers is woeful!

The update is still in the process of being rolled out and has only been going for 2 weeks at most, hardly the massive delay that you and others are hysterically claiming. That is why your alarmist, incorrect post is completely false.

EngineerTuna

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Check this out! Availability in Europe - Nokia
In this list, shows that Lumia 920 GDR2 updates are now available in Turkey. I used this link to know if Saudi Arabia have now the GDR2 updates for my Lumia 920. Got updated today and everything works.

Buddy, as i said before we already checked it;

I've checked the update and it found one. I updated it. Then i opened Nokia Pro Cam app and used it.
Then i checked the about page and it says 1232.5957.1308.002
Here you can see Availability in Europe - Nokia
Lumia 920 Turkcell 3047.0000.1326.2002 Available

What is wrong?

The solution is Nokia Support TR and they also said that wait for GDR2 until late September...

BobR1908

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Amber Update Does NOT Fix No Service Issues

Hi all, there have been many who have experience "No Service" issues on their Lumia 920 phones so I wanted to share a quick update letting everyone know that the Amber update does NOT resolve the issue. I received a new phone from Nokia in lieu of experiencing "No Service" issues. The phone would turn on, show an Airplane icon for a few seconds, register the network for a few seconds then go right into "No Service". I did everything from trying multiple sim cards (all which work in other phones), reset the device, went into the field settings, tried to manually set the network, etc and nothing was able to resolve the issue. The new phone I received on the same firmware version works flawlessly. I completed the Amber update on the phone with No Service issues and it did not resolve the issue. I am lead to believe this is a hardware (most likely antenna) issue within the phone. There is nothing online that seems to be fixing it and like I said the new phone with same firmware version and same sim works flawlessly.

Just wanted to let everyone know as I know many were hoping Amber would resolve the issue.

visnudaran nair

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Greetings.
I am having a problem ever since amber update ... when i peek the Glance screen and off the phone, it shows the time, but it also shows WHITE LINES WHICH APPEAR ON Black SCREEN from top to the bottom..I am really looking forward for someone to help me with this problem..
From a Lumia 920 user

Dippndots

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know if taking a factory unlocked phone out of its original region messes up how it updates?

I have an apac_821 Australian 920, where amber+GDR2 has been released, but I havent seen an update notification here (on t-mobile in the US).

bozza72

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know if taking a factory unlocked phone out of its original region messes up how it updates?

I have an apac_821 Australian 920, where amber+GDR2 has been released, but I havent seen an update notification here (on t-mobile in the US).
i just bought a uk Vodafone 920 delivered to me in NZ, i flashed it to apac 821 Australian amber and its been awesome & no problems what so ever.

nirri

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Anyone else getting error code 800706d9? Download stops at 4%. My L920 have 26GB free memory so that shouldn't be an issue.

tersagun

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
Hey folks,

just received the GDR2 update on my Lumia 920 without the Amber yet. I was able to use Nokia Pro Cam as well but did not get the FM radio; no changes on my Music&Videos hub.
Is this intentional?

Thanks in advance!

Games Goblin

May 26, 2013
Visit site
My bro has an unlocked Black AT&T Lumia 920. Can it be flashed to official INDIAN GDR2 Amber ROM? As per nokia availability page, amber has been released for Indian 920 (it's showing 3047.0000.1326.2001 as latest version)

If yes, from where can we get the official Indian ROM and what is the flash method? Is it first flash the Rogers Pre-Portico ROM (rm-820), then flash the Indian GDR2 (rm-821)? (method described in This thread)

Will doing this convert the phone from an RM-820 to an RM-821? Meaning in future, the phone will receive updates as same as an Indian 920?

Has anyone tried this before? Would be great to know how it went.

Thanks

Re-posting this question from another thread

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
So heres an example of me using the default camera app vs the pro cam app...wow is that YELLOW!!! My pasta doesnt even look yellow, not sure what the deal. I used focus (touch screen) on pasta for both and this is the result.

DEFAULT APP
WP_20130825_010.jpg

PRO CAM
WP_20130825_15_08_52_Pro.jpg

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
So heres an example of me using the default camera app vs the pro cam app...wow is that YELLOW!!! My pasta doesnt even look yellow, not sure what the deal. I used focus (touch screen) on pasta for both and this is the result.

DEFAULT APP
View attachment 41425

PRO CAM
View attachment 41426

I think the second oen was taken with flash thats why its looking all yellow. I doubt procam will put unnatural colors to boost the pic, natural pasta is not yellow..?!

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
I think the second oen was taken with flash thats why its looking all yellow. I doubt procam will put unnatural colors to boost the pic, natural pasta is not yellow..?!

it did use flash, that is correct. my natural pasta color ain't yellow...its more white (closer in first pic i uploaded). Still add the flash added a major tint of yellow...However, i did use veggie oil so MAYBE the Pro Cam caught something my eye COULDN't See?! hmmmm....makes ya think

captblaze

Jul 31, 2007
Visit site
it did use flash, that is correct. my natural pasta color ain't yellow...its more white (closer in first pic i uploaded). Still add the flash added a major tint of yellow...However, i did use veggie oil so MAYBE the Pro Cam caught something my eye COULDN't See?! hmmmm....makes ya think

White pasta= overhead light and no flash

Yellow pasta = no overhead light and flash

Not same lighting condition = bad comparison

Not to mention different focal distance and the spoon in the bowl was moved

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 4

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro