Official Lumia 920 GDR2/Amber Update Thread

AndreStudart

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Its because of double tap to wake is turned on. You have to turn it off restart the phone,and check that it stays off after the restart. Try that I had the same problem. After that everything is smooth for me.

I had this before amber update =p, I guess it's related to quantity of apps and the fraction of second between your touch and the screen, many users have reported this, and there are some that say when they hard reseted it, was running perfectly smooth, then when they backed up everything from their microsoft accounts (apps, musics, etc) it happened again..

Iki Taba

May 29, 2013
Visit site
I had this before amber update =p, I guess it's related to quantity of apps and the fraction of second between your touch and the screen, many users have reported this, and there are some that say when they hard reseted it, was running perfectly smooth, then when they backed up everything from their microsoft accounts (apps, musics, etc) it happened again..

If you had it before Amber update than its something else. I just experienced the stuttering after the update and solved it like I said. I tried the 2 apps and everything is smooth. Sorry can't help on this one. Good luck.

Angry Pixel

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
I never faced any stuttering in any app. Its just when i have to select the type of glance i wanna use, it lags a lot for some unknown reason. Otherwise its perfect.

how1ard

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
What's app notifications are gone. Glance screen peek setting means it comes on every time you take your phone out of your pocket. Naff. Some notification tones have changed. Two things that haven't are overheating and rubbish battery performance, arrrrggghhh!

Biostud

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Bah, after the amber update the screen looses its touch function after being put on standby. Anyone got a fix for this. I can soft reset it, but afterwards it's the same. Anyone got a fix for that?

Henry Raag

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Hi. I have a lumia 920 bought from France, it is unlocked and unbranded and I'am using it in Estonia. According to the availability in Europe, my phone should already have Amber update available, but settings->update phone doesn't find it.
When I use Nokia Software Updater, then it finds the update, but I want to get it as OTA, so I keep all my settings etc.
My OS version: 8.0.10211.204, firmware: 1232.5957.1308.0001, manufacturer name: RM-821_eu_france_267, Mobile operator: 000-FR

Can anyone help me and tell, why I can't still get OTA update?

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Just an update,my battery drain has definitely been the cause of double tap wakeup...and that sucks because it was one my fav features with Amber.

Angry Pixel

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Yup its a concern but doesn't bother me. I get around 12 to 15 hours a day with all the perks on phone on. Use wifi and games moderatley. I just plug it in when i come back.

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Yup its a concern but doesn't bother me. I get around 12 to 15 hours a day with all the perks on phone on. Use wifi and games moderatley. I just plug it in when i come back.

fair enough. Its just weird that in my situation practically drains the battery 30-35% (estimate) faster. I know there's a note in the settings but geez much more than I anticipated I guess.

adesonic

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
fair enough. Its just weird that in my situation practically drains the battery 30-35% (estimate) faster. I know there's a note in the settings but geez much more than I anticipated I guess.

So far I am noticing a slight deterioration in battery life (about 10% worse I would guess) post Amber. With all the goodies enabled and fairly heavy usage, I get down to about 20% by the end of a 15 hour day whereas previously, I would get down to 30% ish.

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
So far I am noticing a slight deterioration in battery life (about 10% worse I would guess) post Amber. With all the goodies enabled and fairly heavy usage, I get down to about 20% by the end of a 15 hour day whereas previously, I would get down to 30% ish.

I guess your situation is a llittle better than mine, if it was a 10% difference I'd likely keep most of the features turned on. Good idea to keep eachothet in the loop if we see improvements over time. I just recharged my battery fully from completely dead...lets see if it handles better today.

jkrc717

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Still waiting on ATT. August is over. Ridiculous. Complete and total BS. Getting rid of ATT and getting unlocked phones from here on out.

Angry Pixel

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
I think the major reason why I'm not fussed about battery life is that even though it is just 12 to 16 hours with all the perks on, it is still way better than the android which i used to own befor this. That poor thing would die within 4 or 5 hours if i turned everything on.

EngineerTuna

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
I finaly installed [NOTE]3047.0000.1326.2003 Turkey - Turkcell[/NOTE] to my Lumia 920.

Installed, updated some apps. I guesss i now have everything that Amber released...

I can answer any questions.

I flashed my 920 by using Nokia Software Updater for Retail.

And its steps are too easy.

Just plug in your phone and install. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss