01-14-2014 06:00 PM
550 ... 1718192021 ...
tools
    Quick question...I'm using Straight Talk on my Lumia 920 but it is an At&t branded phone. I checked for an update today after I put in my Straight Talk SIM in and activated it and it says that I am up to date. Does this mean I have to wait for At&t to release the update before I can get it the "official" way since the phone is At&t branded??
    09-28-2013 12:33 AM
    thanks. updating now
    09-28-2013 12:45 AM
    Updated 😊
    Thanks

Sent from my RM-821_apac_philippines_388 using Tapatalk
    Attached Thumbnails wp_ss_20130928_0004.png  
    multo likes this.
    09-28-2013 01:19 AM
    Quick question...I'm using Straight Talk on my Lumia 920 but it is an At&t branded phone. I checked for an update today after I put in my Straight Talk SIM in and activated it and it says that I am up to date. Does this mean I have to wait for At&t to release the update before I can get it the "official" way since the phone is At&t branded??
    That would be my guess. I don't think Straight Talk has any input on the update and they defer to AT&T.
    09-30-2013 02:42 PM
    I waited until the 30th of September to see if AT&T would release this update. It doesn't look like it. Should I have any reservations about using the Nokia updater and just forcing this? What would I be missing?

Let's say AT&T does actually release this update after I force it on my own, is there a way to move to the official update after forcing it?
    09-30-2013 02:45 PM
    I waited until the 30th of September to see if AT&T would release this update. It doesn't look like it. Should I have any reservations about using the Nokia updater and just forcing this? What would I be missing?

Let's say AT&T does actually release this update after I force it on my own, is there a way to move to the official update after forcing it?
    You could try it. The only risk i can see you running is bricking the phone other than that there shouldn't be a problem. If at&t would release the official one it should still appear at one point on your phone since technically you haven't received the update what that would do i have no idea since the official update is made to go from the previous firmware update. I saw wait a week if it's not out by then just update it you're not going to see it through them anytime soon.

On another note i can see them losing a whole market right now with the crappy responses they have been giving on their facebook page, looks like everybody is jumping the boat to another carrier that has the update already. Personally i'm just going to force the update on it if by the end of this week we don't get a response of some kind.
    sundawg#WP likes this.
    09-30-2013 03:39 PM
    I personally don't think it's worth the trouble.

First of all, you have to wipe your phone to do the update. Secondly, there are a bunch of different builds out there which seem to offer varying degrees of stability. Third, once installed people have reported other problems and weird hacks to get around some of those issues. And finally, it seems that once you update you're permanently out of the loop; you can't get back on with AT&T's updates.

Others might correct me, or be able to add specifics, but everything I've seen tells me it's not the way to go. If we were talking a pure build like Android, where future updates come directly from Microsoft or Nokia I'd be doing it myself. Unfortunately, that's not the case with Windows Phone.
    sundawg#WP likes this.
    09-30-2013 03:57 PM
    I personally don't think it's worth the trouble.

First of all, you have to wipe your phone to do the update. Secondly, there are a bunch of different builds out there which seem to offer varying degrees of stability. Third, once installed people have reported other problems and weird hacks to get around some of those issues. And finally, it seems that once you update you're permanently out of the loop; you can't get back on with AT&T's updates.

Others might correct me, or be able to add specifics, but everything I've seen tells me it's not the way to go. If we were talking a pure build like Android, where future updates come directly from Microsoft or Nokia I'd be doing it myself. Unfortunately, that's not the case with Windows Phone.
    I am not saying that people should go and update via a flash and you have valid points. But I believe there are those who like to play with fire and those who want to stay safe. If you check out the Amber flash thread you will find lots of people who have no issues after flashing a French or the Canadian rom (including people on XDA). There were indeed reports (XDA) that the ATT Dev rom gave people some stability issues. I myself waited until two days ago and flashed to Rogers rom. I have absolutely no issues. Everything is working fine with the additional features that come with Amber/GDR2. Yes, flashing requires you to start from scratch and you will spend a few hours catching up. Is it worth it? I think yes, you may think it is not - which is totally fine. If you have any doubts, stay away from it. That is always the best strategy.

PS: I believe as long as you stick with RM-820 roms you will be able to flash a future Amber/GDR2 rom that comes out for AT&T but don't take my word for it.
    09-30-2013 11:36 PM

If your "forcing it on your own" means flashing it with another non-ATT rom to get Amber/GDR2 then you would have to flash a future ATT Amber/GDR2 rom to get back to an ATT rom. Right now there is no other way than flashing it with a non-ATT rom to get Amber/GDR2 if you are ATT-US (I do not count the ATT dev rom because from all I read it's a strange animal).
    09-30-2013 11:42 PM
    Sent from my RM-821_apac_indonesia_311 using Tapatalk
    10-01-2013 12:43 AM
    FINALLY IN ARGENTINA GRD2/AMBER UPDATED!!! So excited....!

Now my phone works much more fluid, an i LOVE the Glance screen....
    10-01-2013 12:32 PM
    10/01/2013
    Lumia 920 AT&T 1232.5962.1314.0001 Waiting for approval
    10-01-2013 04:54 PM
    For our viewing pleasure, here is the important snip of a communication I had with Nicole L. from AT&T (posted on their AT&T FaceBook page):

"Now, several thousand Lumia owners who are AT&T customers are left to ask two questions. The first requires only an affirmative or negative response, the second an actual calendar date.

1) Are Nokia Lumia owners who are AT&T customers going to receive via OTA the Amber (Pr2) and GDR2 updates?

2) If #1 is answered in the affirmative, then what exactly is the AT&T deadline for OTA availability? If answered in the negative, exactly why are your customers not going to receive a manufacturer certified equipment update?

Thank you for your prompt and concise reply."

To which I received this reply:

AT&T "Affirmative, Michael. Our best answer is a few weeks. It's been a long road, but I hope you'll be happy with the update when it gets to your device. Thanks for your patience! - Nicole L. "

As close to an official communication as I have been able to receive.
    10-02-2013 01:15 PM
    i recieved it in Chile via "Movistar" on 30th september night, my sister has "Entel" and she hasn't recieved it. "Claro" according to nokia's page recieved it some days earlier than me.

PS: i'm having the blur photo issue :/ is this happenning to everyone or is it bad luck?
    10-02-2013 01:34 PM
    That's encouraging. Although, what it means is that AT&T was 100% devoted to the iPhone. Now that iOS 7 has launched they have time to deal with the dregs.
    10-02-2013 02:36 PM
    Just got my notification for the update after checking like 10 times today... Unbranded&unlocked NL920 currently with firmware 1232.5957.1308.0001, 000-FR mobile operator and Portugal as region
    10-02-2013 05:34 PM
    I purchased an International unlocked phone that came from Italy

It came cooked with Amber, but it seems to me that Amber is not Amber is not Amber. I think I may be screwed in terms of USA Amber update versus what is on the phone.

I am missing Nokia Pro Camera and the SMS + Call Filtering.

Does this make sense?

wp_ss_20131002_0001_zpsc2bfd11e.jpg
    10-02-2013 11:10 PM
    You have to update the Nokia stuff. Search the store for sysapp pusher that will update everything for you.
    10-02-2013 11:34 PM
    You have to update the Nokia stuff. Search the store for sysapp pusher that will update everything for you.
    sir, how can i configure the sysapp pusher to automatically update my apps? it only checks it for latest updates but not automatically update the apps
    10-02-2013 11:39 PM
    I am not sure how that syspusher helps when every app says, version unknown and the SMS+Call Filter is for China.

I was able to get the update for SMS+Call Filter by going to the Nokia collection

The Nokia Pro Camera app seems to be elusive. Going to the store and asking to have it installed from the web page, says it is doing its thing but no app is ever delivered. Trying to download it via the various QR codes on several website gives an error and sysapp pusher give the error 805a0194
    10-03-2013 09:43 AM
    Does anyone have the issue with Lumia Amber in that the tone (sound) for the Calendar Reminder seems to be corrupted or mute? It kinda just blips and it is very soft sounding and easy to miss?
    Looking on the community site, it seems there are others having the same issue. I am having the same problem as well to the point that Calendar reminders are pretty much useless at this point for me because they do not make a loud enough tone for you to here them.
    10-03-2013 09:46 AM
    I forced the leaked EU Amber update on 920 a couple of weeks ago and since then my phone doesn't show up in the 'My Phone' section on the Windows Phone Store. If I try to download an app from the online store it says I need to sign into my account on a Windows Phone, which I have.
    It's not a huge problem but if someone knows what the cause is, I would like to sort it out.
    10-03-2013 10:47 AM
    I am not sure how that syspusher helps when every app says, version unknown and the SMS+Call Filter is for China.

I was able to get the update for SMS+Call Filter by going to the Nokia collection

The Nokia Pro Camera app seems to be elusive. Going to the store and asking to have it installed from the web page, says it is doing its thing but no app is ever delivered. Trying to download it via the various QR codes on several website gives an error and sysapp pusher give the error 805a0194

have you updated your extras+info? Update that then it will be all good

Sent from Lumia 920 using Tapatalk
    10-03-2013 08:37 PM
    Does the Nokia Lumia 920 Comes with the Peek thingy? i know that has the glance, but what about the peek?
    10-04-2013 03:20 PM
    Does the Nokia Lumia 920 Comes with the Peek thingy? i know that has the glance, but what about the peek?
    yes it does. Using it here on my Lumia 920. All functions of glance work.
    10-04-2013 03:37 PM
550 ... 1718192021 ...