Official Lumia 920 GDR2/Amber Update Thread

Blocks9

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Looks like EE are blaming the delay of gdr2 on Microsoft now:

@EE: @KeefJudge been delayed. We're awaiting feedback from Microsoft on a new delivery date. Thanks!

http://twitter.com/EE/status/380274380678643712

The plot thickens.

After seeing this, i have decided to take the plunge. Will update via Navifirm after work... These delays/excuses are turning into a farce. Will probably flash the CV fw, and leave EE well alone!

doublebullout

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
What gets to me is the fact that ATT's competitors got the same update from Nokia as ATT and they rolled it out much quicker. Secondly ATT isn't saying anything about the update as to what is going on, they can't keep their customers informed. This makes me feel like ATT is letting us down again. I have so much beef with ATT over other issues that this is just another reason for me to switch. ATT needs to learn some PR. I'm sick of them putting themselves first and trying to make every buck they can off me.

Microsoft/Nokia take note: while AT&T is dragging its feet on GDR2 and making its WP8 customers wait, Apple is rolling out iOS 7 today to millions of iPhone users without interference or assistance from AT&T. *Sigh*

mrcraggle

May 31, 2012
Visit site
After seeing this, i have decided to take the plunge. Will update via Navifirm after work... These delays/excuses are turning into a farce. Will probably flash the CV fw, and leave EE well alone!

I messaged them the other day on Twitter and they said that Nokia were still doing tests which makes zero sense seeing how every other network has pushed the update out yet EE is still listed as "Waiting for approval". What an absolute joke. EE continue to drag their feet when it comes to anything Windows Phone. I bet they'll have no problem when it comes to anything iPhone related though. I'll be surprised if they even push it out this month even though Nokia said everyone would have it by the end.

jamrock60

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
So I finally get the reason for the delay on AT&T and other network. These carrier who has network storage that they offer to customer Such as the AT&T locker. have it optimized for Apple and Android. On AT&T network it is creating a lot of problem for Windows Phones and AT&T is holding up the release until Microsoft and Nokia fix their code to allow it to work. so Microsoft has to work with Google and Apple to fix the problem and they are dragging their feet in giving Microsoft what they need to make everything work like AT&T want's it to.

C LaBelle

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
So I finally get the reason for the delay on AT&T and other network. These carrier who has network storage that they offer to customer Such as the AT&T locker. have it optimized for Apple and Android. On AT&T network it is creating a lot of problem for Windows Phones and AT&T is holding up the release until Microsoft and Nokia fix their code to allow it to work. so Microsoft has to work with Google and Apple to fix the problem and they are dragging their feet in giving Microsoft what they need to make everything work like AT&T want's it to.

Source?

C LaBelle

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I've been blowing up @ATTCustomerCare the past few days. Each time I would get a auto generated response: Thank you for your response. Once more info is available you will be notified.
So I did a test. I tweeted this: @ATTCustomerCare @ATT What features does GDR2 add to the Lumia 920?
I know full well what features it has but just wanted to see what they would come back with: We understand how eager you are to update your device but want to ensure you'll have a good experience without issue. Thank you for your patience and understanding in this process.^JulieB, 1-10PM CST M-F

What a load of crap! They either can't tell us what's going on because they don't know, or they won't tell us anything about it because they don't want us to know. They didn't acknowledge the update at all! So while on their Customer Care page on twitter their heading includes this "We love a challenge, and we know how to find the answers." So I called them out : @ATTCustomerCare Im calling you out! Your twitter page says "We love a challenge, and we know how to find the answers" Find a answer on GDR2

tristan.rice

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
The Nokia Amber update availability page states that Amber is now available for the 920 Hong Kong version (it was available for two weeks, then changed to "Coming Soon" for 3-4 days and has now switched back to Available). Anyone else managed to get this update yet?

lfjj

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Today Nokia Pro Cam started crashing for me and I have no idea why. Nothing new installed, has worked like a charm before with zero craches. Any idea what could of happened? I did reinstall it but no luck. Camera works fine in other apps like ProShot and native one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss