Official Lumia 920 GDR2/Amber Update Thread

tersagun

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
hi. these are mobile operators in country where your phone belongs:

Lumia 920 Claro 1232.5957.1308.0002 Waiting for approval
Lumia 920 Entel 1232.5957.1308.0002 Waiting for approval
Lumia 920 Movistar 1232.5957.1308.0002 Waiting for approval

Waiting for approval means they are currently testing the updates. After this, it will become, Coming Soon, which means testing for final release. And of course, Available means Amber update is ready to be download over-the-air (OTA).

Hey,

but I guess you meant to reply to Alvaro, as he is the one from Chile. I'm from Turkey :)

reyfbernardo

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
hey reyfbernardo
thank for the reply
i dont have any option cuming when i swipe right to left it just left like an older one View attachment 41571

hi. it looks like it is not an Amber update to me. i have updated my lumia 920 to amber and what i have with this screen is "touch sensitivity" and "double tap to wake up phone". next to "touch" feature to the right is the "glance" feature. check if you can find the word "Lumia Amber" in "Extras+Info" in Settings. if not then it it not Amber update.

tersagun

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
It might be only the GDR2 update but not Amber yet.

I've updated to GDR2, for instance and was able to install new apps like NokiaProCam (do not have Radio though, which I don't get it). But still no Amber for my phone even though my country is on the available list.

reyfbernardo

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
Hey there,

1232.5957.1308.0002 is my current firmware. Received the GDR2 update 3 days ago but did not get Radio, for instance and still no Amber update, even though my country shows as "available" on Nokia's list.

3047.0000.1326.2002 shows as the available firmware but it looks QUITE different compared to my current firmware.

check if you can find the word "Lumia Amber" in "Extras+Info" in Settings. if not then it it not Amber update.

carrollf123

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
GDR2/Amber Update

I have a Lumia 920 CV GB (country variant phone came from GB but I live in Ireland on O2 Ireland network). O2 Ireland are still testing the update but Vodafone have released it already. As my phone is CV it is unlocked. Question is...if I put a Vodafone SIM in my unlocked phone, would that in theory allow me to download the update as a 'Vodafone' user?

reyfbernardo

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
Re: GDR2/Amber Update

I have a Lumia 920 CV GB (country variant phone came from GB but I live in Ireland on O2 Ireland network). O2 Ireland are still testing the update but Vodafone have released it already. As my phone is CV it is unlocked. Question is...if I put a Vodafone SIM in my unlocked phone, would that in theory allow me to download the update as a 'Vodafone' user?

Amber update wil be available to the mobile operator where the phone belongs regardless of the SIM installed.

carrollf123

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site

Thanks. So in my case that means only when the UK country variant version is ready? - as my phone doesn't belong to any network as such - I just happen to be using O2 right now. What influence then if any, does O2 Ireland (or any carrier) have on when I get the update?

reyfbernardo

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site

Thanks. So in my case that means only when the UK country variant version is ready? - as my phone doesn't belong to any network as such - I just happen to be using O2 right now. What influence then if any, does O2 Ireland (or any carrier) have on when I get the update?

check this link to know when the Amber update will be available for your phone. compare the latest firmware version you have in your phone to the list.

Availability in Europe - Nokia

i guess none. my phone belongs to another mobile operator in saudi arabia and i am using a SIM from another operator. i do not see any influence of any carrier in my phone except the updates.

carrollf123

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site

check this link to know when the Amber update will be available for your phone. compare the latest firmware version you have in your phone to the list.

Availability in Europe - Nokia

i guess none. my phone belongs to another mobile operator in saudi arabia and i am using a SIM from another operator. i do not see any influence of any carrier in my phone except the updates.

Yep I am on the UK country variant firmware 1232.5957.1308.0004 - so I guess that I don't need to be thinking about any availably updates for Ireland? What I wasn't sure about was whether the Irish carriers had to 'approve' a CV update from another country before I could actually get it?

reyfbernardo

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site

Yep I am on the UK country variant firmware 1232.5957.1308.0004 - so I guess that I don't need to be thinking about any availably updates for Ireland? What I wasn't sure about was whether the Irish carriers had to 'approve' a CV update from another country before I could actually get it?

I guess not. If your phone belongs to UK then you have to wait for the amber update from that country. you do not need approval from the Irish carriers.

Ondrej Slacik

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys, it seems like MS is rolling out the Amber update in other countries right now. Just getting the update to my Lumia 920 UK version CV (non branded).

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett