Official Lumia 920 GDR2/Amber Update Thread

fantakk

May 1, 2013
Visit site
Guys, I have just updated my phone with GDR2/Amber. But after the first boot after update, windows phone prompted me to "reboot the phone or will be rebooted in 10 sec" while tiles were loading.
Is it an error or it's just the normal behaviour?
Thank you.

Last edited:

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Alright, just gone done with the update. Double tap to wake is pretty cool. Also downloaded Nokia Pro Cam so I'm looking forward to testing it out tomorrow. Haven't really checked out the other features just yet. Might see how much the screen colour profile thing works. All in all, pretty nice update.

@nonsonbiondo: I also had the reboot the phone again after first restart once the update was installed but I didn't have that message with the 10 sec prompt.

AndreStudart

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Guys, let me ask you a question..

when scrolling down on apps, for example (such as 6tag or wpcentral) with the L920, sometimes it ''lags'', I mean, not lag but a little bit ''stuck'' and go? It doesn't lag for over a sec, just that little ''lag''..

I hope you guys can understand me, lol

scrolling fast it goes fast as bullet, but when scrolling very slowly it gives a little lag.. some people say it's because the super sensitive screen, due to the fraction something like that.. does that proceed?

Last edited:

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site

when scrolling down on apps, for example (such as 6tag or wpcentral) with the L920, sometimes it ''lags'', I mean, not lag but a little bit ''stuck'' and go? It doesn't lag for over a sec, just that little ''lag''..

scrolling fast it goes fast as bullet, but when scrolling very slowly it gives a little lag.. some people say it's because the super sensitive screen, due to the fraction something like that.. does that proceed?

yes this happens with me on whatsapp,6tag.

samurai_vara

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
I am located in Germany. But I have a AT&T unlocked and unbranded lumia 920. I have flashed the euro developer version. But now the problem is although 920 country variant update is available in Germany I don't see it on my phone. I don't know what to do. I have set my region to Germany. Any help would be appreciated.

My current version:
OS version: 8.0.10211.204
FW: 1232.5957.1308.0002

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site

I don't seem to have this issue. I have super sensitive screen enabled and tried scrolling as slow as I could in the apps you gave in your example, but couldn't replicate it.

Tama Pakpahan

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys,
I got an issue here on my Lumia 920. I live in Malaysia at the moment. 2 days ago, the Amber update has started to roll out in Malaysia. I have no problem updating my phone. All ran smoothly. I can use all the feature, and no problem at all, until I figure out I can't detect my wifi at my home. This was not happening before amber update, seriously. Tried to asked to Nokia Malaysia, they said tried to reset my phone. I did reset my phone, but still can't detect my wifi network. Then they said to change my wifi router channel to 11. Well, I don't think this solves the problem. This phone support all wifi network 802.11 a/b/g/n, then why I can't see wifi network using my lumia 920 as my laptop does? This was really no issue before Amber update. Anyone facing this kind of issue? Please advise.

One more issue I just faced. Last month I set my gmail account on my lumia, and by some help from forum, I did manage to sync all my calendar (inclusive shared calendar). But this sync seems stop after Amber update. Any one facing this issue?

ps: I can see other networks using my phone, but some wifi network seems undetectable now using my lumia 920
Thank you.

SHAnx7

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Re: Amber Update Does NOT Fix No Service Issues

Hi all, there have been many who have experience "No Service" issues on their Lumia 920 phones so I wanted to share a quick update letting everyone know that the Amber update does NOT resolve the issue. I received a new phone from Nokia in lieu of experiencing "No Service" issues. The phone would turn on, show an Airplane icon for a few seconds, register the network for a few seconds then go right into "No Service". I did everything from trying multiple sim cards (all which work in other phones), reset the device, went into the field settings, tried to manually set the network, etc and nothing was able to resolve the issue. The new phone I received on the same firmware version works flawlessly. I completed the Amber update on the phone with No Service issues and it did not resolve the issue. I am lead to believe this is a hardware (most likely antenna) issue within the phone. There is nothing online that seems to be fixing it and like I said the new phone with same firmware version and same sim works flawlessly.

Just wanted to let everyone know as I know many were hoping Amber would resolve the issue.

I had a similar problem, sometimes, out of nowhere the phone would get a no service state. Turning on and off airplane mode with a 5 sec pause did the trick, but sometimes only a reset would help it. What made the phone not experience these problems was setting the network search from automatic to my telco operator. So from dynamic to static :) Hope this helps you.

Last edited:

reyfbernardo

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
Still waiting Amber in Turkey Turkcell - L920

I have the files. What do you suggest? Will i flash or wait OTA?

Its better to wait, it will not take that long. i have waited for 1 week for amber update for my lumia 920 and it worth it. if you flash your phone there is a possibility that it can be brick. your choice but its better to be safe than sorry :)

fantakk

May 1, 2013
Visit site
Alright, just gone done with the update. Double tap to wake is pretty cool. Also downloaded Nokia Pro Cam so I'm looking forward to testing it out tomorrow. Haven't really checked out the other features just yet. Might see how much the screen colour profile thing works. All in all, pretty nice update.

@nonsonbiondo: I also had the reboot the phone again after first restart once the update was installed but I didn't have that message with the 10 sec prompt.

Yes, just my phone was loading for the first time and I had this. You're telling me it's normal :)

Paul_Campbell

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Apologies if this has been answered before, but both my wife and I have identical phones - Lumia 920 unlocked and unbranded CV GB. I got the GDR2/Amber update last night and told her to check for the update. She only got the GDR2 update (and two other MS updates, related I assume), but no Amber. And now checking for Updates yields nothing as the phone seems to be updated as far as version numbers go.
Does anyone know of a way to force the Amber update ? (I'd prefer not to flash as it's not my phone :eck:)

Thanks!

how1ard

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Hasn't fixed my heating issues GUTTED!

Anyone else noticed that after Amber installation the Nokia Message tone has changed? It's now slightly different and quieter which is annoying as all the other tones have remained at the same level, a minor gripe but so avoidable. :confused:

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
My battery life is MEH after Amber update...for the month before my battery was awesome going at 1.5 days...now its back to 16 hour days. I disabled Glance, Flip to Silence and most of my background tasks.

Update: shut double tap wakeup off 3 hours ago, went from 10%/hr to less than 1%/hr drain....too bad I really like the feature but will keep it off as it was killing my battery

Last edited:

EngineerTuna

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Its better to wait, it will not take that long. i have waited for 1 week for amber update for my lumia 920 and it worth it. if you flash your phone there is a possibility that it can be brick. your choice but its better to be safe than sorry :)

Everyday i have to check if it comes, nahh that's shame. Shame on you Nokia TR. Update page shows available but still waiting...

santillanavila1993

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
With so many people getting impatient, including me about the update on ATT why don't we come together and pressure att to at least give us more details on where the update is at in the process. we can send att a bunch of tweets together or we can find someone who works at att that tests software. We could also send the CEO of att some mail. If we come together we can get some answers and maybe even speed up the process to get the update on ATT.

Iki Taba

May 29, 2013
Visit site

when scrolling down on apps, for example (such as 6tag or wpcentral with the L920, sometimes it ''lags'', I mean, not lag but a little bit ''stuck'' and go? It doesn't lag for over a sec, just that little ''lag''..

Its because of double tap to wake is turned on. You have to turn it off restart the phone,and check that it stays off after the restart. Try that I had the same problem. After that everything is smooth for me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs