Official Lumia 920 GDR2/Amber Update Thread

MTorskyj

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
According to the EE community forums, the amber update has been released, will be rolling out to customers over the weekend!

The weekend is almost over and I'm still Amberless haha. It'll be a while before EE do anything... They like to spend there money on advertising not on customers.

dinesh_altius

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Bah, after the amber update the screen looses its touch function after being put on standby. Anyone got a fix for this. I can soft reset it, but afterwards it's the same. Anyone got a fix for that?

Hi Biostud I've the same problem. May be turning on the double tap could be reason. But unfortunately after the update I've reset-ed the phone and can't see the double to tap option on settings. May be after I get the double tap option visible I'll disable and check. Please let me know if you have any solutions to the above problem.

FelipeLemos

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Hi. I have a lumia 920 bought from France, it is unlocked and unbranded and I'am using it in Estonia. According to the availability in Europe, my phone should already have Amber update available, but settings->update phone doesn't find it.
When I use Nokia Software Updater, then it finds the update, but I want to get it as OTA, so I keep all my settings etc.
My OS version: 8.0.10211.204, firmware: 1232.5957.1308.0001, manufacturer name: RM-821_eu_france_267, Mobile operator: 000-FR

Can anyone help me and tell, why I can't still get OTA update?

I have the same problem, Henry. Mine is a Honk Kong version, here a little discussion about that problem. Maybe we need to wait a little more.

EngineerTuna

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Here are the details of Amber Update for Turkcell

1.jpg2.jpg

But I've got a question.

Did any of you notice that there is no "Radio Volume Out" or "Speaker Out" option?

Last edited:

teng_m

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
Support - Nokia
nokia will post if your lumia can be updated.
i just gotten my update a couple minutes ago even though locked version already had the update for 1 week already
unlocked L920 sg unit. but i live in the philippines

gberegovoy

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
looking at all issues mentioned after update I start thinking it is good to have update later, when, maybe, fixes will be issued by the time Amber delivered to me :)

crazyfx

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone have info about the Amber Update for the Lumia 920 Devices which were given out at the BUILD Conference 2012? Maybe they didn't remember them.. again.

air2liquid

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone have info about the Amber Update for the Lumia 920 Devices which were given out at the BUILD Conference 2012? Maybe they didn't remember them.. again.

Update is available on the Nokia servers, downloaded last night and flashed this morning. Still setting it up.

mehr239

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Hello, I have nl920 manufacturer name is rm-821_Ita_Ita1_546 and firmware version is 1232.5957.1308.0002 and carrier country variant pr and I use phone in Iran. But my phone no get message for update please help

MrA2Z

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Guess we have to wait till the end of September for the update from EE :'(

They were the first to get Lumia in UK, a bad move from Nokia. EE is the worse network when upgrade is on the cards. I never get any update for Omnia 7 and now waiting for Amber for L920 :(

samurai_vara

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
I am located in Germany. But I have a AT&T unlocked and unbranded lumia 920. I have flashed the euro developer version. But now the problem is although 920 country variant update is available in Germany I don't see it on my phone. I don't know what to do. I have set my region to Germany. Any help would be appreciated.

My current version:
OS version: 8.0.10211.204
FW: 1232.5957.1308.0002

Finally I got the update today. So far everything is working fine including data sense. I am on O2 for anybody interested.
Seems like Nokia has a strategy for updating depending on your carrier and location.

Suedezu

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Good news for Romanian Lumia 920 users on Orange: I just checked and Nokia Care Suite shows that GDR2/Amber is available my yellow Orange Lumia 920 in Romania!!!

I guess the update will soon be available through OTA!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786