Official Lumia 920 GDR2/Amber Update Thread

C LaBelle

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I don't know why people ate getting all hot and bothered about the update on att. Don't you remember who got gdr1 first?
We did. You guys need to chill. It should arrive at the most by the end of this month. Its what was said. If it doesn't come out by then; then we can panic.

What gets to me is the fact that ATT's competitors got the same update from Nokia as ATT and they rolled it out much quicker. Secondly ATT isn't saying anything about the update as to what is going on, they can't keep their customers informed. This makes me feel like ATT is letting us down again. I have so much beef with ATT over other issues that this is just another reason for me to switch. ATT needs to learn some PR. I'm sick of them putting themselves first and trying to make every buck they can off me.

Harjit Minhas

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
i had to flash my lumia920 i just couldnt wait for the update to be released lol, but i am seeing a huge increase in the battery and the camera is much better than before aswell. also the screen looks much better aswell now for some reason

pointclouds

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
in Turkey (whereas it seems as "available" in nokia website) we haven't received OTA update for Amber, only GDR2. Any country with same situaton or anyone from Turkey knows when the OTA will come? My patience is running short.

joseluis_acosta

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
in Turkey (whereas it seems as "available" in nokia website) we haven't received OTA update for Amber, only GDR2. Any country with same situaton or anyone from Turkey knows when the OTA will come? My patience is running short.

It's the same in Hong Kong... Nokia (chat, facebook, etc) just says: "Kindly wait"... This is so sad....

FEMI AYANDOKUN

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
I use a Nokia Lumia 920 and live in Osogbo, South West Nigeria and my network provider is Etisalat Wifi. Just got the amber update this night but got 8018830f as error message when it tried to install. What to do?

Devamps

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
Working fine.

Lumia_920_RM-821_VAR_AU_CV_White_Product_Code_059Q9P3_3.jpg

Last edited:

FelipeLemos

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
It's the same in Hong Kong... Nokia (chat, facebook, etc) just says: "Kindly wait"... This is so sad....
A lot of people complained on Nokia HK's FB page about the update. Then today, Nokia changed the availability status on their support page from 'Available' to 'Coming soon'.
You can notice in "Latest version" column the firmware version is "1232.5957.1308.00xx", in the past it was "1232.5962.1314.0004", how you can see here.
It's a good sign to me, now we can really wait the Amber Update via OTA, they wouldn't change the site with no reason. The real reason for me was the huge amount of complaints about this problem.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett