Official Lumia 920 GDR2/Amber Update Thread

TheRevMikeS

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
For our viewing pleasure, here is the important snip of a communication I had with Nicole L. from AT&T (posted on their AT&T FaceBook page):

"Now, several thousand Lumia owners who are AT&T customers are left to ask two questions. The first requires only an affirmative or negative response, the second an actual calendar date.

1) Are Nokia Lumia owners who are AT&T customers going to receive via OTA the Amber (Pr2) and GDR2 updates?

2) If #1 is answered in the affirmative, then what exactly is the AT&T deadline for OTA availability? If answered in the negative, exactly why are your customers not going to receive a manufacturer certified equipment update?

Thank you for your prompt and concise reply."

To which I received this reply:

AT&T "Affirmative, Michael. Our best answer is a few weeks. It's been a long road, but I hope you'll be happy with the update when it gets to your device. Thanks for your patience! - Nicole L. "

As close to an official communication as I have been able to receive.

F3rzz

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
i recieved it in Chile via "Movistar" on 30th september night, my sister has "Entel" and she hasn't recieved it. "Claro" according to nokia's page recieved it some days earlier than me.

PS: i'm having the blur photo issue :/ is this happenning to everyone or is it bad luck?

uselessrobot

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
That's encouraging. Although, what it means is that AT&T was 100% devoted to the iPhone. Now that iOS 7 has launched they have time to deal with the dregs.

rikycaldeira

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Just got my notification for the update after checking like 10 times today... Unbranded&unlocked NL920 currently with firmware 1232.5957.1308.0001, 000-FR mobile operator and Portugal as region

NutmegState

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
I purchased an International unlocked phone that came from Italy

It came cooked with Amber, but it seems to me that Amber is not Amber is not Amber. I think I may be screwed in terms of USA Amber update versus what is on the phone.

I am missing Nokia Pro Camera and the SMS + Call Filtering.

Does this make sense?

wp_ss_20131002_0001_zpsc2bfd11e.jpg

NutmegState

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
You have to update the Nokia stuff. Search the store for sysapp pusher that will update everything for you.

I am not sure how that syspusher helps when every app says, version unknown and the SMS+Call Filter is for China.

I was able to get the update for SMS+Call Filter by going to the Nokia collection

The Nokia Pro Camera app seems to be elusive. Going to the store and asking to have it installed from the web page, says it is doing its thing but no app is ever delivered. Trying to download it via the various QR codes on several website gives an error and sysapp pusher give the error 805a0194

NutmegState

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone have the issue with Lumia Amber in that the tone (sound) for the Calendar Reminder seems to be corrupted or mute? It kinda just blips and it is very soft sounding and easy to miss?
Looking on the community site, it seems there are others having the same issue. I am having the same problem as well to the point that Calendar reminders are pretty much useless at this point for me because they do not make a loud enough tone for you to here them.

duncanjameshill

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
I forced the leaked EU Amber update on 920 a couple of weeks ago and since then my phone doesn't show up in the 'My Phone' section on the Windows Phone Store. If I try to download an app from the online store it says I need to sign into my account on a Windows Phone, which I have.
It's not a huge problem but if someone knows what the cause is, I would like to sort it out.

imbasaurus

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I am not sure how that syspusher helps when every app says, version unknown and the SMS+Call Filter is for China.

I was able to get the update for SMS+Call Filter by going to the Nokia collection

The Nokia Pro Camera app seems to be elusive. Going to the store and asking to have it installed from the web page, says it is doing its thing but no app is ever delivered. Trying to download it via the various QR codes on several website gives an error and sysapp pusher give the error 805a0194

have you updated your extras+info? Update that then it will be all good

Sent from Lumia 920 using Tapatalk

Denny Prijadi

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
anyone who successfully updated their 920 to Amber but have to manually update the upgraded applications / settings ? i have to update it manually since the new features didnt appear in the SETTING menu (glance , storage , etc)..

is this normal or exceptional case ?

Mio_WP

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
Normal. Those new versions with the added functions simply aren't available before you have amber.

Sent from my Lumia 920 using Tapatalk

misstyrion

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
View attachment 44433 View attachment 44434 I have the Lumia 920 on AT&T (U.S.) and I received "glance" in my "settings" menu [see images below]. I can't actually activate it or do anything inside the glance menu's options, but I think it's a sign that Amber is on the way. Has anyone else had this happen?

I also have 920 on AT&T and still haven't gotten any sort of glance.
Did it turn out to be the Amber update?

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion