Official Lumia 920 GDR2/Amber Update Thread

mtmt88

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
hello all,
i saw an unlocked Lumia 920 putting up for sale on craigslist at a good price and want to jump on it.
i am on t-mobile and want to bring the 920 over to it.
trying to do as much research as possible before i meet with the seller this evening -
will i be able to get the GDR2/Amber update from t-mobile?
i know the update is OTA only from carrier, and as t-mobile never offered the 920, will i be able to get that?
thanks in advance!!

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
hello all,
i saw an unlocked Lumia 920 putting up for sale on craigslist at a good price and want to jump on it.
i am on t-mobile and want to bring the 920 over to it.
trying to do as much research as possible before i meet with the seller this evening -
will i be able to get the GDR2/Amber update from t-mobile?
i know the update is OTA only from carrier, and as t-mobile never offered the 920, will i be able to get that?
thanks in advance!!

No matter what carrier you use it on, it will still get updates from the carrier it was originally from. Almost every carrier has released GDR2/Amber by now.

mtmt88

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
No matter what carrier you use it on, it will still get updates from the carrier it was originally from. Almost every carrier has released GDR2/Amber by now.

thanks for the quick response - just to be sure - speaking as a nOOb - so once i popped a t-mo SIM in the 920, it will still tune in to At&t's "airwaves" and download the update OTA??

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
thanks for the quick response - just to be sure - speaking as a nOOb - so once i popped a t-mo SIM in the 920, it will still tune in to At&t's "airwaves" and download the update OTA??

You will get cell service from T-Mobile and their towers. Only the updates will come from AT&T.

mystery01

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
So what's with Glance displaying the wrong battery level? I keep thinking I have less battery than I actually have when I'm plugged in.
Also, how long has the calendar been so terribad? I could have sworn it wasn't like that pre-GDR2. There's no point censoring anything in that screenshot. That's latin placeholder where actual info could be in that micro-point font.

Steven Nycc

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
So just updated my 920 with amber.

Now i can not send multiple texts. used to be able to go to my groups, and "text everyone" at once. Now it refuses to send if i do that. I've changed my access point and that did nothing. Single text's get sent fine, but multiple ones no longer work.

This is kind of important for my job.

Any other suggestions. ideas?

edit: at&t

rumpelst

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
Have one question aboout amber update. What is the soynd quality of audio recorder after update is it so low quality and mono as it was before ?

Ginseattle

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Have any other AT&T customers not gotten the GDR2 / Amber update? Every time I check, my phone says my software is up-to-date. Reps at two AT&T stores couldn't explain, just said "be patient," or that I could reset the phone and check again. I can't be the only AT&T customer whose phone is still not detecting the update . . . .

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Have any other AT&T customers not gotten the GDR2 / Amber update? Every time I check, my phone says my software is up-to-date. Reps at two AT&T stores couldn't explain, just said "be patient," or that I could reset the phone and check again. I can't be the only AT&T customer whose phone is still not detecting the update . . . .
seems others have or had similar issues:
http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-920/244999-no-updates-available.html#post2173333
To be honest, if I had this issue I would do a hard reset. I know you will loose your data and depending on how much music and pictures you'd like to store on your phone this can be somewhat time consuming.

CamiKitti

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed that the WiFi has stopped randomly turning off when battery saver gets turned on shortly after charging.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Tapatalk

Ginseattle

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestion. Based on suggestion on AT&T Community forum, just sent a private message to AT&T Customer Care. If that doesn't lead somewhere shortly, I'll do a hard reset after a backup.

Eduardo Castello

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Amber for all L920 variations is now available in Brazil, and I still cannot have mine (purchased in a Nokia store in Brazil) to update.

I?m very very disappointed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel