Is Nokia Lumia 920 not enough to play Temple Run smoothly?

Mandeep148

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I think we are feeling that we live in 3 years back world...
Many things are need to windows.. Still,not auto rotation to disable..
When i try to play temple run,its runs like its cheap phone, i have micromax a89 cash near about 7000inr can able run temple prettty smooth, with 0 lag...
Why the hell is there in Lumia? Is that in cheap hardware, cant able to run perfectly?

Edit. Got amber update too, what the changes? Got radio? Is that feature need to party? Quick glance..? And?
But waiting for these update 1 year?
Windows are 3 years back from android..
Hardware is nothing if there is no,app..

Last edited by a moderator:

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: is nokia lumia 920 is not enough to run temple run smmootg?

I think we are feeling that we live in 3 years back world...
Many things are need to windows.. Still,not auto rotation to disable..
When i try to play temple run,its runs like its cheap phone, i have micromax a89 cash near about 7000inr can able run temple prettty smooth, with 0 lag...
Why the hell is there in Lumia? Is that in cheap hardware, cant able to run perfectly?

Temple Run was poorly made for WP8 in general. Lumia 920 is PLENTY powerful to run it.

Rotation Lock has been said to come in the next update.

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site

I know you seem to be unhappy about wp8 in general. I feel It's just for basic usage, and even after 10 months of launch, the app store is way behind and a lot of good apps needs improvement. Only now we see that whatsapp has been updated to a certain level still not as good as android or iOS. Temple run in your case might be due to the fact that it's not well optimised. It runs quite alright on my l620 but nowhere as smooth as nexus7..

charming_arpit

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site

Just by comparing Temple Run performance on WP 8, you simply cannot conclude that WP 8 is a poor OS. Its the developers of Temple run who are to be blamed. BTW Amber/GDR2 has improved the overall gaming performance of the OS and we look forward to further improvements. The best part of WP 8 over Android is that it has a very smooth running OS UI as compared to laggy UI of Android.

FahadM

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site

Hello , I am facing same issue with my Lumia 925 ...can any body having information that when this lagging issue will be over ?

Andre o Botelho

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

It so easy to blame the developers but this can make more devs get away from wp. The real problem is that wp doesnt support opengl(ms is forcing devs to use direct3d) so the game must have all the rendering part rewritten.

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site

Hello , I am facing same issue with my Lumia 925 ...can any body having information that when this lagging issue will be over ?

The problem is with the app. Lumia 925 comes with Adeno 225 so it should play Temple Run easily..

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site

It so easy to blame the developers but this can make more devs get away from wp. The real problem is that wp doesnt support opengl(ms is forcing devs to use direct3d) so the game must have all the rendering part rewritten.

Do you have any proof that switching from OpenGL to DirectX is the problem? I'm calling BS, because AFAIK Temple Run is based on the cross platform Unity Engine, meaning the developers wouldn't have had to re-code anything at all.

I don't know what the problem is with Temple Run, but unless the developer chimes in, I'm sure nobody else here knows either. Guessing where the bottleneck in a software system resides is something even the engineers working on the project often get wrong. That we can make that guess correctly is very unlikely.

Were we agree, and seemingly everyone else does too, is that the problem is software related and has nothing to do with the hardware.

Last edited:

Binoya Mathews

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site

They seriously don`t care much about wp. Its just because MS possibly giving money that they make an app(1.0) version and leave it there.I guess its the same with many of the devs out there,some haven`t even cared to come on to the platform(Kiloo, King, Backflip and d list goes on and on..).Even top devs like Zeptolab don`t have all the ir games in the store.The problem will continue until wp has substantial market share,possibly 10-15 percent of the smartphone market,so I guess we`ll need to wait... :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss