Special Nokia apps?

bitcortex

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Hello folks,

I'm new to the 928 and Windows Phone in general. After I did the OTA update yesterday I noticed that I still didn't have the "Lumia Amber" text in my settings, and that I still didn't have new features such as Glance Screen. Web searches revealed that I needed to update my Extras+Info and Display+Touch apps.

These appear to be special "pseudo-apps" that don't show up in Store search results; I only found links to them in some obscure forum articles. I'm guessing that normally the Store is supposed to notify me of all updates, but this didn't happen for me yesterday for whatever reason. Actually Store update notifications have been unreliable for me so far, but I digress.

My question: Is there an official place where all these special Nokia apps are listed? I've updated Extras+Info and Display+Touch but have no idea if other updates are available.

Thanks!

mjperry51

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Hello folks,

I'm new to the 928 and Windows Phone in general. After I did the OTA update yesterday I noticed that I still didn't have the "Lumia Amber" text in my settings, and that I still didn't have new features such as Glance Screen. Web searches revealed that I needed to update my Extras+Info and Display+Touch apps.

These appear to be special "pseudo-apps" that don't show up in Store search results; I only found links to them in some obscure forum articles. I'm guessing that normally the Store is supposed to notify me of all updates, but this didn't happen for me yesterday for whatever reason. Actually Store update notifications have been unreliable for me so far, but I digress.

My question: Is there an official place where all these special Nokia apps are listed? I've updated Extras+Info and Display+Touch but have no idea if other updates are available.

Thanks!
The Lumia Amber title is in the extras+info screen. If it's not there the OTA probably didn't take.

What OS version is reported in theSettings | about screen??

bitcortex

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
The Lumia Amber title is in the extras+info screen. If it's not there the OTA probably didn't take.

What OS version is reported in theSettings | about screen??

The OS version was correct: 8.0.10327.77. The OTA definitely updated my OS, but apparently not the special Nokia apps. My assumption was that the Store was supposed to notify me of updates once my OS was up to date, but that didn't happen. The only unusual thing about my phone was that I reset it yesterday morning before the update.

mjperry51

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
The OS version was correct: 8.0.10327.77. The OTA definitely updated my OS, but apparently not the special Nokia apps. My assumption was that the Store was supposed to notify me of updates once my OS was up to date, but that didn't happen. The only unusual thing about my phone was that I reset it yesterday morning before the update.
My OTA added all the new Settings apps.

What Firmware version are you showing? Mine ends in 2046. . .

bitcortex

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
My OTA added all the new Settings apps.

What Firmware version are you showing? Mine ends in 2046. . .

Same. All my numbers are the same or higher than the ones shown here. I also have a few extra lines in extras+info: Firmware Update Notifier, Nokia SpamFilter, Silent Installer, Warranty registration.

My problem seems to be related to the fact that the Store currently isn't notifying me of updates. When I did the reset yesterday (before the OTA update), I got old versions of things like the HERE apps, with no indication of any updates being available. Strange.

mjperry51

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Same. All my numbers are the same or higher than the ones shown here. I also have a few extra lines in extras+info: Firmware Update Notifier, Nokia SpamFilter, Silent Installer, Warranty registration.

My problem seems to be related to the fact that the Store currently isn't notifying me of updates. When I did the reset yesterday (before the OTA update), I got old versions of things like the HERE apps, with no indication of any updates being available. Strange.
'Tis strange -- perhaps a call to tech support (when they die down), or a trip to a VZ store. . .

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I flashed my rom the night before the OTA came out and it was later the next day after that when all of a sudden my marketplace icon showed 13 new updates.

Also, it's possible that updates are broken.. you can try the: Unpin store, clear Ie10 cache, soft reset, re-pin store tile method. I've done that in the past and it works. Updates won't appear instantly after that but they should.

bitcortex

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
I flashed my rom the night before the OTA came out and it was later the next day after that when all of a sudden my marketplace icon showed 13 new updates.

Also, it's possible that updates are broken.. you can try the: Unpin store, clear Ie10 cache, soft reset, re-pin store tile method. I've done that in the past and it works. Updates won't appear instantly after that but they should.

Thanks for your responses. Just now, out of the blue, I got an update notification for the "Nokia account" app - another "special" system app. So maybe if I wait long enough, things will get back to normal :confused:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs