Official Lumia 820 Amber Update Thread

Julek

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
I got Amber update just minutes ago and one thing bothers me. Peek does not work. When I choose it the clock stays on all the time. Did anyone have a similar problem?

rotiv85

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
I just installed the amber update, but the other storage problem continues, I have the same 800MB..Its there a way to clean the other storage?

niks15

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
I just got the Lumia 820 Amber update (for India) with Firmware 3047.0000.1326.2001. But I was not able to get all the features of Amber update as mentioned in the Nokia's websi

Working:
+ Radio FM is available.
+ Double tap to unlock screen is awesome!
+ Data Sense available from default.
+ Option to choose any camera app to open with camera button

Not Working:
- Glance is a very nice add, with good options and have no impact on battery life.
- Screen saturation and colour temperature controls.

The don't get the Saturation/ temperature controls nor the Glance screen options in Phone Settings.

Is anyone else facing the same issue for the L830 Amber update India?

spect80

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

How the Nokia handles the country variants and update availability check?
I mean I'm using my Nokia 820 in Hungary (Op:000-HK, Label ID: 1232.5957.9200.10211.142) and it hasn't receive the update. I checked, the Hong Kong and Hungarian update is available, but didn't find this label ID. Few months ago it updated itself onto this version via OTA.
What are those parameters which the OTA decides the update availability? Just the Op code? or the firmware version too?

thanks

Vistaus

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
@spect80: That's the same problem my mum is facing with her 820. I'm checking Nokia's website every day and it's stating that Amber for the 820 in the Netherlands is already a week available but she still hasn't received the update.
So I'd like to know the answer to your question too.

rotiv85

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Some users find the "minor update" pretty useful, especially the addition of FM Radio support, CalDAV/CardDAV support.
Lumia 620 users are getting High Sensitive Touch.
The camera improvements are more than welcome by a lot of WP users.

Yes. After the update, transfer all your items in the SD card to PC, format the SD card once and transfer the files back by synchronizing with the WP app for desktop.

I just installed the amber update, and next format the SD Card. But now the phone recognizes the SD Card, but doesn't save anything in SD Card, like photos and maps.

I put in my options to save the photos to SDCard, and it doens't save the photos anywhere...

Anyone can help?

akks

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
No.
Use Lumia storage check app for that.
I didn't try saving map after the update.mine was already saved in sd before the update using Lumia storage check app.

ranjitn2801

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
Have received amber update on my lumia 820 in India few days back
Glance feature, Nokia smart cam, flip to silence , color enhancement feature and radio enable, Call +SMS Filter
Awesome update ...

rogonso

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

How the Nokia handles the country variants and update availability check?
I mean I'm using my Nokia 820 in Hungary (Op:000-HK, Label ID: 1232.5957.9200.10211.142) and it hasn't receive the update. I checked, the Hong Kong and Hungarian update is available, but didn't find this label ID. Few months ago it updated itself onto this version via OTA.
What are those parameters which the OTA decides the update availability? Just the Op code? or the firmware version too?

thanks

I hace the same problem, by the way, before the amber update was "available" the most recent firmware for HK was supposed to be the 1314, and my phone have the 1308

Carl Joseph

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Lumia 820 CV (Product Code: 059R096) now available via Nokia Software Updater for Retail
This will erase your phone, so backup beforehand or wait for the OTA update.

jmparagon1

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
LUMIA 820 loudspeaker not working after amber & GDR2 update

I'm having a problem with my loudspeaker after the update on my lumia 820. It seemed to work the first few hours. But after after a few hours, the loudspeaker gives up. I had to restore and reformat the micro sd then it returns to normal.then after a few hours, the loudspeaker wont work again. And before this post, i restored again, its working again but an hour after, it did not work again. Is this a bug? When i insert my headset, it plays the music. I hope its not a hardware problem. Anybody experiencing this?

Last edited:

jmparagon1

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
In the morning, i got it to work again. But later today, while the music was playing with my sony headphone, the headphones jack was accidentally removed while the music was playing. Then what i did nextw as just text. When i got home, when i opened my lockscreen, there was no sound. And again, the apeakers did not have any sound. I had to hard reset it again and reformat my micro sd to get it working. I donr know whats wrong with this phone. A day after i updated to the , supposedly, more stable amber, my phone went nuts. I was so happy with windows coming from android and ios. But the bugs here in windows takes a loooooong time to get fixed compared to other platforms. Are the dev for windows retarded? Or theyre just plain lazy?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12