06-24-2014 01:20 PM
290 ... 9101112
tools
    I just got the Amber update OTA

Developer Device
    USA
    Carrier unlocked with AT&T GoPhone SIM
    09-18-2013 11:23 PM
    Well, 'other' still seems to be a problem. Uninstalled a load of apps to create enough space to update on EE today and then reinstalled them. Now out of space and nothing is being released from the 'other' storage to make room. So much for dynamic I thought with GDR2 the space would free up as it was called on for apps etc.
    09-19-2013 06:50 AM

Developer Device
    USA
    Still no update for me :(
    09-19-2013 04:23 PM
    Got my update today OTA. HK unbranded phone
    09-19-2013 08:48 PM
    Hi There, ? I have a nokia Lumia 820, It's NOT locked
    under any carrier, Nokia posted that The
    Lumia 820 should get Amber in pakistan, and
    my phone popped up an update notification, I
    received 3 updates, all of them where
    Microsoft updates (I didn't get the Nokia Update for Windows Phone), it's been over a
    week, and i still get no updates are available
    after my phone got GDR2, and i want the
    Amber features. Any ideas on why my phone
    isn't getting the Nokia Update for Windows
    Phone? ? Here are the details of my phone: O/S Version: 8.0.10328.78 Firmware Revision: 1232.5957.1308.0001? <--
    I assume this is supposed to be upgraded in
    order to have amber. Hardware Revision: 1.0.0.0 Radio Software: 1.0.202093.3 Chip SoC Version: 8960 ? Manufacturer Name: RM-825_im_mea3_429 ? I really don't want to reset the phone just for
    this, it's kind of frustrating to do such thing,
    did anyone face a similar issue? (Note that i
    have updated all the nokia apps on my
    phone, i have the latest extras+Info app and
    it doesn't show Amber under the Software Release Section. ? Thanks for any assistance...
    09-20-2013 10:04 AM
    Well I can confirm Amber / GDR2 did NOTHING with my Other Storage. Still at 4GB, on a 8GB internal phone. 0 games. all media in SD.

This is really ridiculous. I have a dumbphone now after 1 month use. So much for the "improvement" you were talking about Daniel Rubino.
    JimiDiGriz likes this.
    09-20-2013 10:08 AM
    At least you can say you got the update, us poor AT&T 820 & 920 users are still waiting, waiting, waiting. I remember back in mid August when we were told to be patient, it was coming and would be here before the end of Sept. Well we've got 10 days left and then what. I have been taking every measure possible to keep my free memory high and my other storage as low as possible. I have 4.5 GB free and my other storage is at 497MB's. But I have been like a miser keeping things tight in anticipation of the upgrade. I even stopped using Skydrive because of its duplication problem; and I installed a 64GB SD card to put everything I could there. And I am still waiting; but the patient thing is starting to wear thin. I am beginning to wonder if AT&T intends to support the 820 as they no longer sell them. My phone is only three months old, still in warranty and yet I feel AT&T has given me the short end. fdalbor
    Jeff Noisette likes this.
    09-20-2013 12:17 PM
    Hi There, ? I have a nokia Lumia 820, It's NOT locked
    under any carrier, Nokia posted that The
    Lumia 820 should get Amber in pakistan, and
    my phone popped up an update notification, I
    received 3 updates, all of them where
    Microsoft updates (I didn't get the Nokia Update for Windows Phone), it's been over a
    week, and i still get no updates are available
    after my phone got GDR2, and i want the
    Amber features. Any ideas on why my phone
    isn't getting the Nokia Update for Windows
    Phone? ? Here are the details of my phone: O/S Version: 8.0.10328.78 Firmware Revision: 1232.5957.1308.0001? <--
    I assume this is supposed to be upgraded in
    order to have amber. Hardware Revision: 1.0.0.0 Radio Software: 1.0.202093.3 Chip SoC Version: 8960 ? Manufacturer Name: RM-825_im_mea3_429 ? I really don't want to reset the phone just for
    this, it's kind of frustrating to do such thing,
    did anyone face a similar issue? (Note that i
    have updated all the nokia apps on my
    phone, i have the latest extras+Info app and
    it doesn't show Amber under the Software Release Section. ? Thanks for any assistance...
    You may have missed a nokia app. I think my update process was similar to yours. Got one update that took my version to 1318 I believe. I then got 3 updates from Microsoft. After that I still didn't have the Amber update. I the used sysapppusher to make sure all my Nokia system apps were up to date. After that my phone indicated that I had Amber
    09-20-2013 01:35 PM
    Well I can confirm Amber / GDR2 did NOTHING with my Other Storage. Still at 4GB, on a 8GB internal phone. 0 games. all media in SD.

This is really ridiculous. I have a dumbphone now after 1 month use. So much for the "improvement" you were talking about Daniel Rubino.
    My other was over 2Gbs, now it's less than 2Gbs. Before I updated to Amber I reset my phone. I then reinstalled my apps after the Amber update. Seems to be working so far. Fingers crossed
    09-20-2013 01:38 PM
    At least you can say you got the update, us poor AT&T 820 & 920 users are still waiting, waiting, waiting. I remember back in mid August when we were told to be patient, it was coming and would be here before the end of Sept. Well we've got 10 days left and then what. I have been taking every measure possible to keep my free memory high and my other storage as low as possible. I have 4.5 GB free and my other storage is at 497MB's. But I have been like a miser keeping things tight in anticipation of the upgrade. I even stopped using Skydrive because of its duplication problem; and I installed a 64GB SD card to put everything I could there. And I am still waiting; but the patient thing is starting to wear thin. I am beginning to wonder if AT&T intends to support the 820 as they no longer sell them. My phone is only three months old, still in warranty and yet I feel AT&T has given me the short end. fdalbor
    I think they're trying to make us give up on our current phones to move up on the 925 and/or 1020. I don't know about you but that's not going to happen with me, I'm sticking with the 820
    09-20-2013 01:56 PM
    Received the Amber update today on my Nokia Lumia 820 EE/T-Mobile (UK) Phone information has "Amber" stamped on it, so I cant really miss it...

Took a few minutes to download, 10 minutes to install, all went smoothly, running all day so far.

Impressions: (i marked them out of 5, low score indicates a feature thats useful but not really something I would consider to be priority)

Data sense: good idea, it is handy I guess if your on a limited internet tariff 1/5
    Camera: seems much quicker, now supports the nokie 920 cam app, seems more responsive too....3/5
    Color profile: not a bad idea, played with it a little, seems okay, seemed a bit low priority feature to me...1/5
    Tap to wake: probably my favorite item, about time, no more power buttons, a very important feature!...5/5
    Glance: its okie, but i leave it off as "tap to wake" allows me to check the screen anyway, feels like "tap to wake" x2...4/5
    Radio: works okay, dont really use it much, again useful but not exactly a priority feature...3/5
    Txt/calls: handy and about time, a priority feature to me, very handy for those bad numbers! 4/5
    Video trim: Its a phone, Its useful and handy but not a priority feature...1/5
    HTML5: Again useful improvements, but not something I would consider a priority feature 2/5 (for stability)

Apart from "tap to wake" and the camera, I was a bit underwhelmed...

I just wish we would get a notification light, I am beginning to think that MS/Nokia has a problem they dont seem to want to talk about technically speaking. I mean "glance" and "tap to wake" address the issue of not getting notifications partially, or missing them because you have to physically turn the phone on to find out if you have missed a call or message or email.

But is MS/Nokia incapable of adding a blinking light notification??? This seems a tad odd considering they just used the proximity sensor for glance??? Is the hardware not capable of this feature? What are they not telling us here??? One of the most important aspects of a phone is communciation, "tap to wake" and "glance" address some of that issue, but a notification light would alert you visually. Just seems a tad strange they havent dealt with this problem yet....

*Added at the end of the day, battery usage seems much better, the phones been on all day, wifi, a few calls, internet, a game, text messaging, skyping, I have reset the phone twice to make sure its not a stuck battery level to be sure, but so far after 12 hours of use I still have 71% of my battery left, I hope that holds up...

Glance/peek doesnt seem to have impacted my battery at all, which was probably my biggest concern....
    Last edited by Telu Darkwaver; 09-20-2013 at 08:10 PM. Reason: punctuation
    SajId Shaikh and svknet like this.
    09-20-2013 04:11 PM
    You don't mention any improvement in 'other' storage. Mine hasn't budged and inch, this was one of the main reasons I was looking forward to GDR2. The other stuff is fine but I want my 2gb back!
    09-21-2013 04:15 AM
    if you are asking me about storage, i did not really notice any difference, why I didnt mention it. Seems about the same to me...again, overall why I was underwhelmed by the update...the only great thing seems to be the tap to wake, battery life and faster overall use of the phone... i checked it and it says other storage 584mb, I cant remember what is was before, so no idea if that was an improvement...
    Last edited by Telu Darkwaver; 09-21-2013 at 03:18 PM.
    09-21-2013 02:04 PM
    I just wish we would get a notification light, I am beginning to think that MS/Nokia has a problem they dont seem to want to talk about technically speaking. I mean "glance" and "tap to wake" address the issue of not getting notifications partially, or missing them because you have to physically turn the phone on to find out if you have missed a call or message or email.
    What all smartphone are missing is a missed call BEEPER so I don't have to take the danged thing out of my pocket to see if MAYBE I missed a call. There are plenty of times when, even if the phone is in my possession, I miss a call due to a noisy environment. The phone shoul dperiodically remind me that I missed something. This is a ridiculous omission in a device that as you aptly said is a COMMUNICATIONS DEVICE. Why this is not baked into the OS from day one is utterly beyond me. It is also one of the reasons that, as much as I like WP8, I am still considering going back to Android. At least in Android you can get an app that can do missed call reminder BEEPS.

Paul
    09-23-2013 11:16 AM
    Does seem a tad strange does it not... They are either unwilling or unable to make this change...? I mean its a big boo-boo to not know if youve recieved calls or texts on a phone, I would consider that to be a very high priority feature that they appear to have overlooked, Design flaw....???

Glance/Peek goes some way to fixing this issue, but doesnt address the underlying problem... I have always like windows phones, (since my pocket pc days), so will stick with it and hope they do something about it soon, I dont want to go back to android...
    Last edited by Telu Darkwaver; 09-23-2013 at 04:18 PM. Reason: additional editing...
    09-23-2013 03:34 PM

Developer Device
    USA
    Is yours rm-824?
    09-24-2013 04:36 PM
    Please help Me with a correct link where I can download the rm-825 l820 amber update custom roms, I need it please me guys
    09-28-2013 04:09 AM
    I got amber update.. But still I have duplicated music files.. I already reformatted my memory card.
    10-02-2013 11:20 AM
    Anyone else has the Facebook picture issue? I have realized this problem is common on 720 as well. The Facebook picture reverts back to some old picture. In spite of uploading it through the phone...help?

Sent from NOKIA LUMIA 820!
    10-06-2013 01:42 AM
    Am I imagining or after the update the camera is draining the battery much faster. Also the camera app is heating the phone(not like playing games but it wasn't like that before Amber)

Sent from my RM-825_im_mea3_429 using Tapatalk
    10-10-2013 02:12 PM
    Hello everyone, it's my first post!

I bought lumia820 a week ago. It is the first wp experience I have. So I had no idea about GDR2 or Amber updates. The day after I bought the phone, there was 3 or 4 different update notifications showed up and I did them without taking them seriously.

Then I read some about amber and gdr2. Recklessly I gave a factory reset to my phone in order to a fresh start with more awareness of optimization for battery. After factory reset, there was no update. And without opening pages in store, I could not update my screen and etc. But when I glance an application at store which is not updated on my phone, then the store shows "1" on tile which brings me to the update to application. Is it what you had to do on "amberation" period?

More specific, I want to ask you that
    1. is it normal to be have to use a "lumia updater" or "sys pusher" for getting functions of amber one by one?
    2. when you successfully updated amber, did you have to update some tools like "extra-info" by manual?
    3. how can i check whether my phone is properly updated (both gdr and amber)?

That's all..
    I hope I could make my problem clear.
    10-10-2013 03:34 PM
    Finally got my usa ATT gdr2 & Amber update. All went well. Really missed the fm radio from my N8. Better late then never I suppose.
    10-11-2013 10:25 AM
    How can we get Amber update (apart from WiFi)? I remember, old Nokia phones had a PC Suite to update firmware. Can we get the Amber update through a similar way?
    10-12-2013 10:50 PM
    How can we get Amber update (apart from WiFi)? I remember, old Nokia phones had a PC Suite to update firmware. Can we get the Amber update through a similar way?
    Its a called Nokia Software For Retail.

Download it and flash away!!! Although it will do a hard reset if your data so back everything up first!!
    SajId Shaikh likes this.
    10-14-2013 02:15 AM
    I am a little concern about updating my cell phone using nsu, but it seens that workout pretty well for you, thank you for share that pic.
    10-14-2013 02:49 PM
290 ... 9101112