Official Lumia 820 Amber Update Thread

Aakash Agrawal

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Riding on Amber now. I don't have much use for data-sense. But I surely am glad about glance, radio and other features. The best to me is that I got Nokia Pro Cam working on my 820! The front cam isn't working with that app but hey! that is a negligible tradeof against benefits. I can now change shutter speed and my favorite - manual focus. It really makes your photos look like pro. Moreover if you keep your phone absolutely still (tripod maybe), you can take low light pictures without flash which no one will believe was low-light. Will post a couple soon.

Vaibhav Chauhan

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
Waiting for those low light pics. :)
Riding on Amber now. I don't have much use for data-sense. But I surely am glad about glance, radio and other features. The best to me is that I got Nokia Pro Cam working on my 820! The front cam isn't working with that app but hey! that is a negligible tradeof against benefits. I can now change shutter speed and my favorite - manual focus. It really makes your photos look like pro. Moreover if you keep your phone absolutely still (tripod maybe), you can take low light pictures without flash which no one will believe was low-light. Will post a couple soon.

Rodrigo Mendes

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
I've not noticed any improvements on low lights. Not on 820. At really, i've noticed more noise because automatic shutter speed is always too high.

So after Amber I have to use manual settings on low lights. I don't like that. Manual Settings are awesome for professional photos. The results are amazing! But for casual photos? Take too much time to find a good setting, even when you're used to.

zack251

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
How is the battery life? Also would like to know whether the update solve my duplicate photos problem and the other storage problem. As for camera sometimes I have a white balance problem. Hope all of these are fixed.

Rodrigo Mendes

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
How is the battery life? Also would like to know whether the update solve my duplicate photos problem and the other storage problem. As for camera sometimes I have a white balance problem. Hope all of these are fixed.

Any improvements on this bug at all. And I think its a Nokia Music bug.

Maybe some improvements on Xbox Music online service, I don't know. Nokia Music continues to make wrong entries on system.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-phone-8/205464-5.htm

Vaibhav Chauhan

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
Battery life so far seems same while using usual apps but standby time has increased by 70-80% atleast, instead of 1 day now i see 1 day 18 hours on similar charge levels.

akks

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
As far as Im concerned the default camera app has improved a lot.. The auto settings are giving images with much lesser noise. I compared the same scenes before n after amber updat.. Very much satisfied...
Only thing im missing is the field test using. ##3282.
I used it quite often to get a stable 3G signal. Otherwise my data automatically switches to Edge..
Any help in that anyone?
How to set data to "3G only" mode in amber?

akks

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
@ Sholan77
Relax.. Try restarting your fon n retry after sometime. I had the same error msg yesterday wen they pushed out the update..may be their servers are getting jammed.. Try again after sometime. You"ll get it for sure. 😊

jaypatel19

May 11, 2013
Visit site

nirmal1988

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Hi Guys,

Is anyone having issues with WhatsApp after Amber update??!

For me, messages are not getting updated unless i open the App.
I checked the background tasks, WhatsApp is in there, but the messages wont update if am outside the app.

Any help would be appreciated.

akks

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
No such issues for me in watsapp..
But sometimes the notifications are delayed like the previous versions.
Wait till Friday..watsapp will launch another update with better compatibility with amber..😉

mannedscorpion

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Camera Fixes: Amber updates fixed Low Light Photography woes to some extend in my Lumia 820 at least. I used to get dull photos in dim lit indoor. Shutter speed increased (when taken from button press)

Lav_2205

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
Hey!! How did you manage to install the Pro Cam app to work on your 820. Its only available to 92x series & 1020.
Anyways, after reading your post I did try to install it through the marketplace. But it came up as an error, stating not available for your device/region.

I have updated my phone with Amber. Even I am a lot into photography thing and was expecting the Pro Cam app to be available on the 820.

Lav_2205

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site

Hey!! How did you manage to install the Pro Cam app to work on your 820. Its only available to 92x series & 1020.
Anyways, after reading your post I did try to install it through the marketplace. But it came up as an error, stating not available for your device/region.

I have updated my phone with Amber. Even I am a lot into photography thing and was expecting the Pro Cam app to be available on the 820.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte