Official Lumia 820 Amber Update Thread

Dejan GoldenBoy

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
it is safe to do update via nokia update software for retail over or wait for OTA,i got nokia lumia unlocked from t mobile and I worry that it does not brick it,

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
Updated yesterday , Slovenia CV :D. Nokia Pro Camera is great. And i got back watch (glance screen) that i was used from ex phone, Nokia C6-01.

p.nonnekens

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Updated yesterday for me, unlocked and unbranded device (Netherlands)! Can't really tell what the big fuss is about though, pretty minor update. Glance is nice, but kinda gimmicky, and so is double tap to wake.

SanjitVignesh

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
Updated yesterday for me, unlocked and unbranded device (Netherlands)! Can't really tell what the big fuss is about though, pretty minor update. Glance is nice, but kinda gimmicky, and so is double tap to wake.

Some users find the "minor update" pretty useful, especially the addition of FM Radio support, CalDAV/CardDAV support.
Lumia 620 users are getting High Sensitive Touch.
The camera improvements are more than welcome by a lot of WP users.

The amber update corrects the problema with the sd cards? Duplicate photos and music?

Yes. After the update, transfer all your items in the SD card to PC, format the SD card once and transfer the files back by synchronizing with the WP app for desktop.

rogonso

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I have a Hong Kong branded, the page says Amber is now available, but I'm from Costa Rica, and my phone can't find the update, anyone know if I have to wait the costarrican update??

ruthietootie

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I have a Hong Kong branded, the page says Amber is now available, but I'm from Costa Rica, and my phone can't find the update, anyone know if I have to wait the costarrican update??

I also have a Hong Kong branded phone but no Amber update. I don't expect to get it as yet though as my firmware version doesn't correspond to the HK's version on the site.

Vistaus

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
Another few days, another no updates for my mums 820. Nokia and T-Mobile seriously suck at this point. I wonder why Nokia is so stupid to announce an update is "available" for almost a week yet there's still no update available when checking for updates.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss