Official Lumia 720 Amber Update Thread

Chengayan Sridhar

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi Guys,
Phew!! updated my L720 to amber finally:smile: After struggling a whole night to install the NSU 3.0.8 finally did it and the download and installation went smoothly. The whole time it was downloading i was praying for the uninterrupted power supply from the EB. Got the pro cam too. Not able to find the Netflix app even after turning on proxy settings.Can any one help?

Vistaus

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
Well, problem is: I can't. Besides that laptop the only other thing I currently have is an AmigeOne 500 and Surface RT (I'm using the RT as my main computing device) so that's a no-go for me.

Faisal Masud

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
After the update, I am observing following issues:

- Battery drain rate is gone up. It is now falling pretty fast than before. The discharge rate now is -4.4 percent/hour where as it used to be -2.5 percent/hour before. No new apps installed. Most of apps have been blocked from running in background but still.

- My loudspeaker does not give out ringtones and music loud enough. Maybe it's just me but all of a sudden, I cannot get enough loudness even at maximum volume.

I am trying to go back from Amber, any idea if that is possible ?

Regards

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
After the update, I am observing following issues:

- Battery drain rate is gone up. It is now falling pretty fast than before. The discharge rate now is -4.4 percent/hour where as it used to be -2.5 percent/hour before. No new apps installed. Most of apps have been blocked from running in background but still.

- My loudspeaker does not give out ringtones and music loud enough. Maybe it's just me but all of a sudden, I cannot get enough loudness even at maximum volume.

I am trying to go back from Amber, any idea if that is possible ?

Regards
Disable glance and double tap, disable nfc and check background apps.

AlexCuria

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Updated to amber via OTA

Spain - Vodafone

No problems, no data lost. Update time 29 minutes after download.

No data sense and no smart cam but everything else works as expected. Can't say about battery performance because I just installed it a couple of hours ago.

AlexCuria

May 11, 2013
Visit site
But nokia amber page shows coming soon to Vodafone Spain ,how can you update.

Hope u r telling truth

I win nothing telling lies about this. The only thing I know is that today un update appeared on my phone, I downloaded on Wifi 518 MB update and it installed. 29 minutes operation going through the gears turning and automatic soft reset.

Now I'm with Amber ;)

Hs1993

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
Hey, I have a doubt:

Can I reflash my phone to the previous 1030 thing back from GDR2+Amber? I tried it is goo but Store has many apps, which give error like: Update phone software and blah,blah,blah...

Or will these apps be available as soonas the official updates (OTA) rolls out.

Using RM-885

Anubis99

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Hello, I received an OTA update to AMBER --3046.0000.1334.0003-- ( on my Unlocked UK Lumia 720 (RM-885_eu_euro1_227) (I'm from Canada and I bought it from Clove UK). I have data sense, the glance feature but no smart cam, pro cam and call & sms filter.... And yes all my system apps are up to date. So why can't I download these apps?

Oh! And I can't turn off the phone. It restart immediatly.

Last edited:

AlexCuria

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Hello, I received an OTA update to AMBER --3046.0000.1334.0003-- ( on my Unlocked UK Lumia 720 (RM-885_eu_euro1_227) (I'm from Canada and I bought it from Clove UK). I have data sense, the glance feature but no smart cam, pro cam and call & sms filter.... And yes all my system apps are up to date. So why can't I download these apps?

Oh! And I can't turn off the phone. It restart immediatly.

I'll try to help you with some answers.

I don't have Data Sense so I can't say anything about this.
Smart Cam was pulled from the store because of some bug I believe. It is popular voice that once the bugs are ironed out they will put it in the Store again.
Pro Cam can't be found on the Store if you don't have a 1GB Lumia (which doesn't mean you can't get it with the proxy trick).
Call & SMS filter is in the settings almost at the bottom of the list, just above glance settings. ;)

Regards

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720