Official Lumia 720 Amber Update Thread

Anubis99

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Okay thanks for the help! :) in fact call&SMS WAS in the settings from the beggining hahaha. Also, the self restarting bug have ben solved by itself.

alv3st3r

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Hello, I received an OTA update to AMBER --3046.0000.1334.0003-- ( on my Unlocked UK Lumia 720 (RM-885_eu_euro1_227) (I'm from Canada and I bought it from Clove UK). I have data sense, the glance feature but no smart cam, pro cam and call & sms filter.... And yes all my system apps are up to date. So why can't I download these apps?

Oh! And I can't turn off the phone. It restart immediatly.

Use the proxy trick to install the apps. You can get all the app links from here: SysApp Pusher | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

alllies

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
Hello, I received an OTA update to AMBER --3046.0000.1334.0003-- ( on my Unlocked UK Lumia 720 (RM-885_eu_euro1_227) (I'm from Canada and I bought it from Clove UK). I have data sense, the glance feature but no smart cam, pro cam and call & sms filter.... And yes all my system apps are up to date. So why can't I download these apps?

Oh! And I can't turn off the phone. It restart immediatly.

New feature?..what is the OTA update download size?

ithinkurdumb

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
How does everyone getting Pro Cam on there 720? I used the proxy trick, could see it in the Store, but it just throws an error message when I tried to download it. Am I missing anything?

I'm so used to Pro Cam on my 920 and feel weird whenever I'm taking a photo on my 720.

alv3st3r

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
How does everyone getting Pro Cam on there 720? I used the proxy trick, could see it in the Store, but it just throws an error message when I tried to download it. Am I missing anything?

I'm so used to Pro Cam on my 920 and feel weird whenever I'm taking a photo on my 720.

You have to disable the proxy in order to download it.

Anubis99

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
New feature?..what is the OTA update download size?

About the download size, I'm afraid I haven't noticed. But I updated my phone during a class at University, and it was done before an hour and a half. (I have to say my University's WIFI is pretty Damn fast tough :p )

For the New Features:

1- Data Sense: I'm surprised having it since I have the unbranded UK version but hey! I love data sense so I won't argue lol

2- NO double tap to unlock/wake the phone: Has we were expecting, this feature is missing, I was hoping to receive it :/

3- Glance: It works perfectly, and I haven't noticed any difference in the Battery discharge rate (it's on PEEK)

4- I wasn't able to download the smartcam app, I had to use the proxy trick to get it (thanks to @alv3st3r for that by the way) I dit get Pro cam too and both apps runs smoothly, I took a couple of pictures with both apps and everything work fine (so why the fu*** are the non 1GB RAM devices can't download it officially??)

5- The colors of the tiles are more vivid, they look more like the are on the AMOLED display. I don't know if it have something to do with the Lumia color profile addition (And I would appreciate a little tutorial on how this works by the way :p )

6- I don't know if it's only an impression, but the system runs smoothly, less time waiting too ;)

7- The stock camera app runs faster too, at least in my case. When I bought the phone the camera was really slow compared to what I was seeing on the others windows phones, now it's as fast as they are.

8- FM Radio is on board

9- The Other Storage on my phone have been reduced, not a lot but it better than nothing :p (from something like 940mo to 800mo)

And it's pretty much that :p

Hope I answered your questions :)

alv3st3r

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
I dit get Pro cam too and both apps runs smoothly, I took a couple of pictures with both apps and everything work fine (so why the fu*** are the non 1GB RAM devices can't download it officially??)

Nokia Pro cam and Glance screen is rumored to come to ALL Windows Phone 8 devices (not just Lumias). That is reasonable seeing how Microsoft is soon going to own the team behind it.

Anubis99

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
I dit get Pro cam too and both apps runs smoothly, I took a couple of pictures with both apps and everything work fine (so why the fu*** are the non 1GB RAM devices can't download it officially??)

That's not what I ment to say. What I mean is why does it says this app is not accessible if you don't have 1Gb of RAM but it work perfectly fine on my 512mb of RAM device?

alv3st3r

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
That's not what I ment to say. What I mean is why does it says this app is not accessible if you don't have 1Gb of RAM but it work perfectly fine on my 512mb of RAM device?
It has nothing to do with 512MB or 1GB of RAM (its not available for L820 as well even though it has 1GB of RAM). Nokia made it strictly for Pureview devices, although its great that it works pretty well on non-Pureview devices as well.

Asmit Joshi

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Hello ,
lumia 720 error.jpg
I have been trying to flash my Lumia 720 in India using NSU for retail (3.0.8). The software downloads the update (3046.0000.1334.0001) but while installing it gives an error but without an error code stating just internal error.

I hard reset my phone to try and correct it but to no avail. I also tried dimounting the SD card , removing the sim and then installing the update but that didn't help either.

Can anyone please help me with this. Also if anyone can give me a link to the latest Nokia Care suite version, it would be much appreciated. I have downloaded like 10 different setups of which only a couple worked, but did not support 720.

Any help would be appreciated.

iainmann

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
It has nothing to do with 512MB or 1GB of RAM (its not available for L820 as well even though it has 1GB of RAM). Nokia made it strictly for Pureview devices, although its great that it works pretty well on non-Pureview devices as well.

Nokia Pro Cam works very well with the Lumia 720. No lag or debilitating problems at all.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb