Official Lumia 720 Amber Update Thread

milanmk

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
I just noticed that Nokia Data Field test (##3282) is gone after Amber update, it was quite useful tool to force 3G/4G only Data Connection.

Gaurav Paul

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
Dear all,

Can anyone help me how to sync contacts on web?

Thanks in advance

To cross verify that, just sign into Outlook(If you have one), There should be a drop down button on the top left pane. Click on it and click on people in the drop down menu. You should be able to see all your contacts neatly arranged.

For messages, you could just browse to the left pane(where the inbox, sent, drafts etc are present) and there should be a folder called messaging. This contains all your messages.

Gaurav Paul

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
We Dont lose contacts while we are updating to Amber , do we?
Please let me know guys! What all do we lose? Apps?

Contacts and messages are backed up in the cloud if signed in with a Microsoft account. You will lose all apps and app data. However you will retain all data stored in memory card. Achievements and in-game purchases made in Xbox titles are also retained.

Nevin Alex Chacko

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Contacts and messages are backed up in the cloud if signed in with a Microsoft account. You will lose all apps and app data. However you will retain all data stored in memory card. Achievements and in-game purchases made in Xbox titles are also retained.

Thanks mate. !

What about the data stored in phone memory (like photos n videos ) ?

Gaurav Paul

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
Thanks mate. !

What about the data stored in phone memory (like photos n videos ) ?

I'd like to mention that if you update to Amber OTA , you wont lose any data. I used NSU to update to Amber. By doing so everything in the phone memory was lost. I suggest updating from phone by going to settings and phone updates. This way you wont lose any data.

Gaurav Paul

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
is there any one get extra space on l720 after amber update in other storage it is 800 mb after amber it's same space shown...

Cant say for sure as I updated using NSU. So it was a clean start for me. But as I noticed, the size of other storage increases with more no of apps installed. But a good thing I'd like to inform is that the amount of memory consumed by "Other Storage" is less after Amber. Earlier it was easily over 1GB. Attaching my storage ss.

wp_ss_20130928_0001.pngwp_ss_20130928_0002.pngwp_ss_20130928_0003.png

Guess that issue is not completely fixed.

Last edited:

Nevin Alex Chacko

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I'd like to mention that if you update to Amber OTA , you wont lose any data. I used NSU to update to Amber. By doing so everything in the phone memory was lost. I suggest updating from phone by going to settings and phone updates. This way you wont lose any data.

Yeah I just updated it straight from my phone. And no issues of data loss! Thanks pal!

Gaurav Paul

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
hi Guys, Today I got ambar update officially but i dont see Glance screen and call+sms blocking any where. can some one help me how to get those
thanks in advance.

Update the system apps. You can either wait for the notifs in store. Or download SysApp Pusher to download manually. Glance should be there in the Display + Touch section. After the update u'll get touch, display and glance as separate apps

jones2323

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I did amber update from NSU ...and after that the pics taken from my camera are turning out to be blurry and yellowish.
It looks good and sharp in preview ..but when it gets stored in sd card ...it turns out to be blurry.Any1 facing the same problem??

I m also have same issue. Pics are not clear and they are blackish.

i've noticed the same behavior. when i take a photo with the pro cam the preview looks great for about half a second before it's stored to the internal storage. it gets a yellow tint and becomes blurred.
did you use the standard camera app or the pro cam. ? .

Blake Yap

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
hey you guys, i've updated through OTA last night, and it's still not done yet, I think at one point, it finished my battery.. and i have to redo it again..
So, now, the settings thing keeps rolling, and i dont know what to do

Gaurav Paul

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
Try a soft reset by holding the vol down and power keys simultaneously for 10 secs. This might help. Also note you may need to to do this a couple of times.

The reason for this being that, the battery should have 80%+ charge before updating for some reason. Even if you start the update with 50% battery charge, it seems to get stuck at the rotating cogs.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans