Official Lumia 720 Amber Update Thread

Saikat Halder

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
I have a question to all of you guys.......

1. how to improve the battery life of LUMIA 720. it lasts only 1day.

I dont plpay games, only 30 , 40 mins of hdphn music, 30 min og 2g net surfing through UC browser, some pdf reading, some ESPN FC app usage thats it........what to do?

2. How to get cyan color silicon cover for NL 720, I asked it in nokia store..they dont have it. cant find it in flipkart. i am from india....help me please

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
Help i cant turn off jy phone, it keeps restarting when i try to turn it off. And the battery gauge has a glitch...it drains easily now. And im afraid to do a hard reset due to a lot of horror stories about hard resets. Please someone help me, im sorry im just a newbie WP user, its my first WP after i transitioned from android. Hated the android phones due to low battery backup, thats why i chose my dear L720.

alv3st3r

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Help i cant turn off jy phone, it keeps restarting when i try to turn it off. And the battery gauge has a glitch...it drains easily now. And im afraid to do a hard reset due to a lot of horror stories about hard resets. Please someone help me, im sorry im just a newbie WP user, its my first WP after i transitioned from android. Hated the android phones due to low battery backup, thats why i chose my dear L720.

Did you try a soft reset?

MICROV91

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site

Hey, try to connect the phone to ur PC with USB cable, then, select safe remove ur device in the bottom right corner. That helped me .

alv3st3r

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Do you have the Amber installed sir? And hows your battery backup after the update...?

Yes I've Amber. I also updated to GDR3 from GDR2 two weeks ago. I used to get 2-3 days of battery backup but that depends on how you use your phone. I now get 2 days of battery life with the same amount of usage on GDR3.

Im afraid to do hard reset as some people reported that doing so might brick your device.

Do a hard reset by hardware keys combination. You'll be fine.

Ankmeyester

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Sir, i tried that one, but didnt fix the issue. Anyway thanks for the assistance.

What's all this "sir" stuff? drop that.
It's fine if you go to "about" in settings and revert back to factory settings by resetting your phone. It will not brick your phone. If by chance such a thing happens, you can get a software by nokia (recently released) on your computer specifically for the purpose of fixing a bricked phone.

alv3st3r

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
It's fine if you go to "about" in settings and revert back to factory settings by resetting your phone. It will not brick your phone.

The users who reset their phone with that option reported their phone to be stuck at spinning gears as opposed to the users who reset it by hardware keys combination. I know it sounds crazy but that's the way it is.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon