Official Lumia 720 Amber Update Thread

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
What's all this "sir" stuff? drop that.
It's fine if you go to "about" in settings and revert back to factory settings by resetting your phone. It will not brick your phone. If by chance such a thing happens, you can get a software by nokia (recently released) on your computer specifically for the purpose of fixing a bricked phone.

Yeah i did...its ok now. I did the "Settings" method coz i didnt know how to do the buttons combination, im not a pro on this, im only new to this.... ok...sorry...sir :smile:

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
The users who reset their phone with that option reported their phone to be stuck at spinning gears as opposed to the users who reset it by hardware keys combination. I know it sounds crazy but that's the way it is.

Ok, yeah...i know how a lot of them are complaining they got bricked becoz of doing the "settings>about" method, but me i dont know how to do the button combination so, i dont have any other option thank to go to settings and click reset phone. Thanks for encouraging me tho. :) salute!

alv3st3r

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Ok, yeah...i know how a lot of them are complaining they got bricked becoz of doing the "settings>about" method, but me i dont know how to do the button combination so, i dont have any other option thank to go to settings and click reset phone. Thanks for encouraging me tho. :) salute!

1. Make sure the charger is disconnected, and switch the phone off.
2. Press and hold the volume down key, and connect the charger. An exclamation mark (!) is shown on the screen.
3. Press the keys in the following order: volume up, volume down, power, and volume down. Your phone resets, and boots up. This may take several minutes.

PS: Make a backup before doing this as it erases all content on your phone and restores the factory settings.

nitin shetty

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
hello,
I updated my 720 to amber, everything is working fine. having problem with the bluetooth. when i on the bluetooth, it gets on and shows other devices. whn i click connected to a known paired device, at first it shows connecting and then connected and suddenly it gets disconnected. why is this so.?? i am facing it after the update to amber since yesterday. how can i resolve it..

EpicIncognitO

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
I have a question for you and Gaurav. I already posted a question about this in Bing forums but I have no answers. How do you turn off safe search in Bing on the phone.? I already tried the settings they dont work. Even tried the settings via PC.
If anyone wants to buy Lumia 720, its available for Rs 14.3k on ShopClues.com

alv3st3r

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
I have a question for you and Gaurav. I already posted a question about this in Bing forums but I have no answers. How do you turn off safe search in Bing on the phone.? I already tried the settings they dont work. Even tried the settings via PC.

Although you can turn safe search off but it doesn't really work the way you want it to as it is based on region. What you can do is use internet explorer instead and set your default search engine to google.

Gaurav Paul

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
I use IE and Google search as my default search engine. Bing results are based on regions so that doesn't help a lot even with Safe Search turned off.

EpicIncognitO

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
I found a solution. Go to internet explorer, tap the three dots go to setting, advance setting change cookies from websites and apps if its on, block all to block some if that doesn't work select accept all. Working for me.

csd_002

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
I bought new lumia 720. When I am scrolling the screen up-down, my phone is getting stuck. Only hard keys are working. I have to lock the phone for 1 second and open it. It will work fine. I tried with soft reset... Still i am getting same issue. Plz help me...

adnan720

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
amber update not showing over the OTA (from phone update settings), it shows your phone is uptodate my version is 3046.xxxxxxxxxxx.0001

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium