Official Lumia 720 Amber Update Thread

Arpit Mittal

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
with this my Lumia 720 was factory reset in 5-10 minutes, these steps are really awesome
As I done factory reset from settings option & it took time around 6-7 hours minimum... & still brick problems
1. Make sure the charger is disconnected, and switch the phone off.
2. Press and hold the volume down key, and connect the charger. An exclamation mark (!) is shown on the screen.
3. Press the keys in the following order: volume up, volume down, power, and volume down. Your phone resets, and boots up. This may take several minutes.

PS: Make a backup before doing this as it erases all content on your phone and restores the factory settings.

Last edited:

mallikarjun1k

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Whatever things you say are okay but what about the very very must / essential basic options (Don't want to call them as Features, meaning of FEATUREs is new one amongst the existing) as follows;
1) Auto-Rotaion Off/On
2) Separate Volume Control (not hard key, should be in touch screen itself) for video and music, currently if we reduce the volume while in music or video (don't want to call them as Music Player, Video Player as those don't seem as like that) the Phone Ringer volume gets reduce, it is senseless thing.
3) If we exit any application the confirmation window (Yes / No window) should appear on BOTTOM only not on UPPER side, then only we can use at ease (without dropping mobile down and we can use with one hand)
4) Total INTERFACE is very very poor, just the home screen is somewhat better with tiles. Apart from that the display looks like BLACK & WHITE or WHITE & BLACK, only 2 themes available , we can feel it as COLOR DISPLAY when we're on Photos or Videos, and some other etc., There are multiple colors for TILES, but some only suit.
5) Browser is also poor, if we download any browser those will not be good, if we at-least tolerate with IE it will also not that much good, when we zoom the page while reading, the reading content (paragraph) should be broken into line by line not in actual paragraph.

Do you know what does stand for Update...? Update stands providing something new to the existing one, but here there are very very basic options are missed, if we search for any fixes those will be fixed in next Update, If even the very basic options are not available means you should not have introduced the devices in the market, just giving the Outer Look with with contrasted COLORs and design is not fair, it makes sens that just doing the business with money-minded, I'm totally FED-OFF in buying this mobile, only the camera is good, then it makes just a camera NOT a SMART PHONE. Try to give the basic options first then go ahead with the new features like Fixes Low Res ?Me? Tile Pictures, Change Default Camera, Lens/App, Lynx and Skype Stability, FM Radio.

There are a very very very LOT to mention but I forgot now, I'll upload them later.

Gaurav Paul

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
FYI
1) Already out with GDR3. Nokia users will get them with Black update(unless they have GDR3 Preview Version installed).

2) It will be available with WP 8.1.

3) Those notifs are app sppecific. With GDR3 users can now press and hold the back key and to close an app from the list of open apps. And then again, except for the 1520 and 1320, all other windows phone are quite handy. I don't think its too hard to reach ~4 inches from the keys to the top of the screen.(unless one has very small hands)

4) That is the metro UI. Maybe in future updates we may get more background colours apart from Black and White. But even with 2 background colours and 20 tile colours, I never get bored with combinations. But that's me.

5) I'm quite happy with the default IE. But in any case UC Browser is also a great browser. Give it a try.

There are a very very very LOT to mention but I forgot now, I'll upload them later.
6) When you do remember other problems please post it. Will try to help those as well.

Do you know what does stand for Update...? Update stands providing something new to the existing one, but here there are very very basic options are missed, if we search for any fixes those will be fixed in next Update, If even the very basic options are not available means you should not have introduced the devices in the market, just giving the Outer Look with with contrasted COLORs and design is not fair, it makes sens that just doing the business with money-minded, I'm totally FED-OFF in buying this mobile, only the camera is good, then it makes just a camera NOT a SMART PHONE. Try to give the basic options first then go ahead with the new features like Fixes Low Res “Me” Tile Pictures, Change Default Camera, Lens/App, Lynx and Skype Stability, FM Radio.

Please remind me to refer you to Microsoft/Nokia to hire you and include you in the planning board on what/when to update.
OR you can suggest your opinion here

Arpit Mittal

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
when there will be Lumia Black Update available for Lumia 720 in India, if you know then reply may be I want specific range of days (range max of 3-4 days)

Angry Pixel

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Coming back to Lumia 720 after moving to 920 months ago. Getting 720 for gf today. She'll go bonkers before because she scolded me when i traded my 720 earlier for the tank aka 920. :p

Sent from my Lumia 920 using Tapatalk

Gaurav Paul

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
Very weird this. No Lumia 720 has that firmware across all regions. I checked it. Can you check and share your product code. It is the code written on the phone's Sim tray. Another way of checking is to connect the phone to a computer and running NSU. If possible do share a screenshot of your about phone page.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion