Official Lumia 620 Amber Update Thread

Sohan Mahajan

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Oh, thats good to hear. How often it reboots depend on the usage and i'm a hardcore user!

PS: My System details. Sys Details.. Lumia 620 - Imgur

U r using older version of GDR1 firmware I had the same problem I updated the firmware from nokia care... and it solved many issues like frequent reboots,switching off at night(only removing battery was an option to start the phone).even battery backup become somewhat better than before.... my firmware rev no is 1030.6407.1308.0002...
plz note I am from India(so may be this firmware might not be available in ur country)...

jhdutch95

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
capture-20130827-223737.png
ambersing.indo.jpg

Approved and coming soon to Australia , Thailand , Papua New Guinea, India, Indonesia , Singapura(except SingTel) dan Malaysia.

diktea

May 6, 2013
Visit site
U r using older version of GDR1 firmware I had the same problem I updated the firmware from nokia care... and it solved many issues like frequent reboots,switching off at night(only removing battery was an option to start the phone).even battery backup become somewhat better than before.... my firmware rev no is 1030.6407.1308.0002...
plz note I am from India(so may be this firmware might not be available in ur country)...

dear Sohan Mahajan your firmware rev. is of GDR1. the GDR2 firmware number for L620 in india (for me) is 3046.0000.1329.2001

HSN97, i dont know how often my phone was hanging when using GDR1 and shuts itself down randomly.. not too frequent but if i had a bad day it sometimes was frequent..But with GDR2 update had not faced it yet...

hsn97

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site

but there is no update for that in my country.

israr375

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
I didn't even got.. 1030.6407.1308.0002.. Still running 1030.6407.1308.0001.. When I tried to update my phone it shows your phone is up to date.. By the by I live in India.. In Nokia Software page, The latest version is 1030.6407.1308.0002.. What shall I do..?? Can anyone help me..?? I don't understand why my phone's not updating..

Roderick Aspiras

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Philippines!

* Glance screen is present -- this actually nice additions. Hopefully this displays more than the time
* Data Sense is included
* Color Profile
* Other storage is fixed!!!!! Yes! before GDR2, my free space is around 680MB and now its 1.6GB!
* No double-tap to wake-up from sleep
* No radio
* New sounds for new email, new SMS
* Wifi (find nearby Wi-Fi) map with data sense
* Internet Explore new option to reduce data use by sending URLs to Data Sense Service
* Photos+camera - option to change default camera app
* Call + SMS Filter included

Overall I'm very happy with this update. The glance feature on paper looks meh but its very useful in real use.

Thanks Nokia & Microsoft!

Colud you please let us know the region

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Okay, I finally got it, here are some impressions.

-Glance Screen will negate whatever battery gain you will have from this update - and then some. My phone lasted 24 hours on one bar of signal with glance turned on all the time. Impressive, I must say.
-Being an LCD-screened device, you will only notice subtle changes from playing around with the Lumia color profile.
-We finally have Super Sensitive Touch!
-No FM Radio.

Roderick Aspiras

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I noticed one improvement in IE!
Before GDR2 when you have multiple tabs open and switch from one tab to another, the page will refresh or resume. Now, when you have multiple tabs and switch to another its fast and does not refresh!.... Well it does when you leave IE but this is a good and welcome improvement

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro