1020 keyboard support?

Robert Ferrer

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
I am looking for one too --- However, this is what I learned. Bluetooth wireless keyboards require the Human Interface Device Profile (HID). As far as I know Windows Phone 8 Bluetooth does not provide it. It may at some future upgrade. Additional information can be found at Bluetooth profiles supported by Windows Phone 8. So Bluetooth keyboards are currently not compatible. Stay away from the keyboards EVEN if they say they are Nokia Lumia 1020 compatible. They probably are not. It is certainly a shame that the AT&T store lists the Microsoft Wedge Mobile Keyboard as being compatible. I'd wish they make sure before listing it. Robert.​

dfaris

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm hoping MS gets its act together and lets us dictate into the word app like BB10 does.
Thats the one thing I miss from BB. I'm assuming they just didn't get around to it yet.
For now if I'm starting a new word document I just dictate into an email and paste it into a word
document.

tgr42

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
MS seems to be all about minimizing interoperability on Windows Phone. Only what they're absolutely forced to do. It's like the complete opposite of Windows on the desktop. Is it due to insufficient resources on the Windows Phone team, or a deliberate (terrible) decision by its designers? This is one area where they're absolutely smoked by iOS and Android, and it's a shame because it's probably the biggest strength of Windows on the desktop.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon