any of you having the same issues?

Subserved_Meteor

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I got my L820 about a month ago and I really love it, apart from me having to charge it min. 3 times a day.
But I got some issues with it, which I was wondering if any of you have too, because I couldn't find it in the forums.

For one, my major problem is: On my old HTC HD7 when my phone was plugged in, I could use it normally (e.g. FB, Twitter, WhatsApp, IE etc) and it would still charge, now on my Lumia 820 that isn't the case.
It's happened a couple of times now, that I plug in my phone, and then whatsapp with some of my friends and the phone will still discharge till it eventually shuts down.

Another issue I've had, is with the screen. I turn on the screen, but it wouldn't respond, so I have to put it back to sleep and wake it up again for me to unlock the screen.
On other occasions when my phone is in the pocket, the screen turns on on its own and would open app after app, sometimes even TellMe...on certain occasions it has even "self-dialed" some of my contacts. Maybe what I need to mention here, is that I have Super sensitve Touchscreen turned off.
My screen even froze once or twice (nothing working anymore, wouldn't turn off either), luckily I can remove the battery to turn it off. (One of the main reasons I went for the Lumia 820 and not 925)

This is super annoying...have any of you fellow WP enthusiasts had the same issues?
How can I resolve them?

Thanks guys :smile:

Last edited:

poddie

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I've never had any of these issues with my 820. But I can tell you there is no need to pull the battery if it freezes... Just hold volume down and power button for 5-10 secs and it will reboot. That works on 920 too.

Matthew Teo

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
For the battery discharge issue, did you disable some apps in settings->applications-> background tasks? That could help in conserving battery

ssapre

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
whatsapp was proven to be one of the most battery consuming app with few ppl on the forum. You can go for a chance by disabling it and check for time being?

Subserved_Meteor

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
whatsapp was proven to be one of the most battery consuming app with few ppl on the forum. You can go for a chance by disabling it and check for time being?

yeah that helps a lot with the battery drainage...but recently my whatsapp crashes and freezes my phone...
After rebooting I have to re-verify my number 😐
This is very annoying actually...but all my friends here use whatsapp because we have free WiFi on campus

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon