Dat one thing, that bothers me...

gomezzz_ds

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
hi community,

I'm a happy owner of an i8750, which is my 1st ever Windows Phone.
after 4 years of Androiding I felt, now's the time to make the switch, cause that ROMing, flashing, rooting etc. was too much for me. my last phone (which I still have - kept in a drawer) was a Note II (N7100) - a great, superb phone. great performance, great photos, everything... but because I could do the above mentioned stuff with it, I was never really satisfied with the system itself. after 4 years I wasn't able to find THAT one ROM which would be perfect (for me).

anyway, now I have the perfect ROM and the perfect system... ;-) to be honest, I don't understand, why other users need a notification manager. I just don't need that. all my apps, that are supposed to to notify me somehow are on my home screen. so when my phone makes a noise, I see instantly what just happened (SMS, email, WhatsApp, Viber, LinkedIn...). there is really no need for me to have a pull down, or pull up (whichever direction) notification area. I'd say, this makes the difference compared to iPhones and Android systems. if one really NEEDS a notification system, go and have an iPhone or any of them Android phones.

but this is all only my subjective point of view. now to that one thing, that really bothers me... I guess, this is not a fault of the OS (I'm quite sure it's Samsung itself), but there is no 16:9 resolution setting in the camera app (except the 2MP resolution 1920x1080). what's the point of making a 4:3 picture nowadays?!?!?! the screen of the phone itself has a ratio of 16:9, my monitor is 16:9, my two TV's (one LED TV and one "older" LCD) are 16:9 - yet I'm not able to shoot a picture in a better quality, than full HD (whis is - to be honest - just not enough if you want to make further things with the picutres).

this bothers me a lot, cause (I must admit) I'm a Samsung fan... almost all electronic devices I own are made by Samsung, of course all my tablets and phones are/were Samsung devices... on the Note II, I could take a 16:9 picture with 6MP resolution, on my Galaxy S II was a 16:9 resolution too, on my Note 10.1 there is a 16:9 resolution... so why the @#$% not on the Ativ S ??? (except that full HD resolution)

I really hope, this is going to be changed... either by Samsung or by MS... till then (I guess) I'll carry my Note II in my left pocket for taking pictures, and my Ativ S in my right pocket, cause I just love it.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
hi community,

I'm a happy owner of an i8750, which is my 1st ever Windows Phone.
after 4 years of Androiding I felt, now's the time to make the switch, cause that ROMing, flashing, rooting etc. was too much for me. my last phone (which I still have - kept in a drawer) was a Note II (N7100) - a great, superb phone. great performance, great photos, everything... but because I could do the above mentioned stuff with it, I was never really satisfied with the system itself. after 4 years I wasn't able to find THAT one ROM which would be perfect (for me).

anyway, now I have the perfect ROM and the perfect system... ;-) to be honest, I don't understand, why other users need a notification manager. I just don't need that. all my apps, that are supposed to to notify me somehow are on my home screen. so when my phone makes a noise, I see instantly what just happened (SMS, email, WhatsApp, Viber, LinkedIn...). there is really no need for me to have a pull down, or pull up (whichever direction) notification area. I'd say, this makes the difference compared to iPhones and Android systems. if one really NEEDS a notification system, go and have an iPhone or any of them Android phones.

but this is all only my subjective point of view. now to that one thing, that really bothers me... I guess, this is not a fault of the OS (I'm quite sure it's Samsung itself), but there is no 16:9 resolution setting in the camera app (except the 2MP resolution 1920x1080). what's the point of making a 4:3 picture nowadays?!?!?! the screen of the phone itself has a ratio of 16:9, my monitor is 16:9, my two TV's (one LED TV and one "older" LCD) are 16:9 - yet I'm not able to shoot a picture in a better quality, than full HD (whis is - to be honest - just not enough if you want to make further things with the picutres).

this bothers me a lot, cause (I must admit) I'm a Samsung fan... almost all electronic devices I own are made by Samsung, of course all my tablets and phones are/were Samsung devices... on the Note II, I could take a 16:9 picture with 6MP resolution, on my Galaxy S II was a 16:9 resolution too, on my Note 10.1 there is a 16:9 resolution... so why the @#$% not on the Ativ S ??? (except that full HD resolution)

I really hope, this is going to be changed... either by Samsung or by MS... till then (I guess) I'll carry my Note II in my left pocket for taking pictures, and my Ativ S in my right pocket, cause I just love it.

That's what lenses are for though, to extend the functions of the camera.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans