01-22-2014 05:31 AM
433 ... 56789 ...
tools
    i got the problem now in all camera apps. ugh. and they even touted that amber makes the camera better.
    10-13-2013 05:38 PM
    Maybe that's why this update is called Amber, because all your pictures get an "amber" tint applied them lol...
    jojapath and RaRa85 like this.
    10-13-2013 06:14 PM
    Guys, These are two versions of the same pic.

This is taken with pro cam ,everything set to auto.

wp_20131011_18_28_25_pro.jpg

This is taken pro cam, Everything set to auto other than shutter speed reduced to 1/400 s. This seems to have less Yellowish tint..

wp_20131011_18_29_34_pro.jpg
    10-13-2013 10:19 PM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20131011_18_28_25_Pro.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	353.9 KB 
ID:	46695

This is taken pro cam, Everything set to auto other than shutter speed reduced to 1/400 s. This seems to have less Yellowish tint..

Name:	WP_20131011_18_29_34_Pro.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	355.2 KB 
ID:	46696

So this is proof that the pictures are still terrible quality, even after they're uploaded. Now I'm really upset with this "update", and will be updating to GDR3 (hopefully) today to get this "Amber" taste out because it will take Nokia to fix this...
    10-14-2013 10:52 AM
    So this is proof that the pictures are still terrible quality, even after they're uploaded. Now I'm really upset with this "update", and will be updating to GDR3 (hopefully) today to get this "Amber" taste out because it will take Nokia to fix this...
    keep us updated
    10-14-2013 01:39 PM
    why would gdr3 affect the amber "taste" as you put it? its not related, any camera change will come via nokia driver/firmware module update via shimmer etc, not MS GDR's
    jojapath likes this.
    10-14-2013 01:42 PM
    why would gdr3 affect the amber "taste" as you put it? its not related, any camera change will come via nokia driver/firmware module update via shimmer etc, not MS GDR's
    Yep, I can't see GDR3 having any effect. I've loaded GDR3 on mine, but it's pitch black here now, so can't really test it, but I would very much doubt anything has changed.
    10-14-2013 02:17 PM
    I have to say, i'm really annoyed that Amber was released with this bug.
    Don't get me wrong, i love WP8, and pleased with my 920, but i would be lying if i didn't admit It's really soured my view,
    (more really is the fact it hasn't really been acknowledged with a fix incoming)
    10-15-2013 03:23 PM

Name:	WP_20131011_18_28_25_Pro.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	353.9 KB 
ID:	46695

Name:	WP_20131011_18_29_34_Pro.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	355.2 KB 
ID:	46696
    And...? I'm not sure what if anything you're trying to imply,
    but if you change the shutter speed you won't have the same settings in auto that you had when everything is set to auto, that's not how a camera works.
    Most everything changes, WB especially, ISO obviously and maybe even exposure compensation, all those will effect the color either a lot of just barley but they will. Also see how the camera is pointed down about 5 degrees in the top photo? on Auto WB will read more of the shadow than the bottom view and shadow is 'blue' and in order not to make the scene too blue the auto WB compensates and adds warmth = warmer color.
    Auto mode is just trying to create the best color from what it sees, a few degrees lower can effect exposure a lot. If you see those pictures enlarged, the top picture is aimed lower than it looks like does in the smaller view above and with the few degrees more of blue that you get with blue shadow, it will effect exposure and more immediately the added yellow hue. I'm not surprised its warmer - I'm old school I know how a hand held meter works and a built in has to calculate all kinds of variables in auto mode and its never perfect. That's why the Pro Cam has so many manual overrides you just need to know how they effect a scene. Your adjustment is a perfect example, changing the shutter speed just didn't reduce camera movement and blur it effected all the other modes set to auto and the results is a picture not limited by the limits of auto everything. Auto is sophisticated guessing that's all and unless the light is neutral and shadow and light is evenly balanced in a scene auto is like auto pilot, it doesn't compare to manual and it's meant for known variables (simulated life) not real life. It can help, but knowing how the camera sees along with manual adjustments will create better pictures than auto everything everytime if you're willing to learn.
    Last edited by PB_H; 10-19-2013 at 08:28 AM.
    10-19-2013 07:24 AM
    Latest Nokia photo/video updates were Video trimmer and Video Upload so no new updates with Nokia lenses if anyone was hoping...
    Last edited by PB_H; 10-19-2013 at 05:14 PM.
    10-19-2013 01:40 PM
    Having same problem , got 920 with amber out of the box
    10-22-2013 11:08 AM
    update to Nokia Camera
    less yellowish there
    10-22-2013 11:15 AM
    Allready using it same on both stock and pro camera ...
    10-22-2013 01:01 PM
    update to Nokia Camera
    less yellowish there
    They trick you because the photo you look at in the gallery is already post-processed,so the post-processing doesn't happen "in your face" and you don't notice it. You can still tell the yellowish tint is added because when you take a picture, stare at it for the 1 second it is shown, and then try hard to remember specific areas where you know yellowing occurs. When you look at the picture it saves in the gallery, you can see the yellowish tint applied to the spots you "think" might come up yellow, and the quality is a lot softer and less detailed.
    matitalatina likes this.
    10-22-2013 01:17 PM
    update to Nokia Camera
    less yellowish there
    As jrdatrackstar1223 said, they have simply sped up the processing so that it doesn't do it right in front of your eyes. The tint is still there
    10-22-2013 01:29 PM
    They trick you because the photo you look at in the gallery is already post-processed,so the post-processing doesn't happen "in your face" and you don't notice it. You can still tell the yellowish tint is added because when you take a picture, stare at it for the 1 second it is shown, and then try hard to remember specific areas where you know yellowing occurs. When you look at the picture it saves in the gallery, you can see the yellowish tint applied to the spots you "think" might come up yellow, and the quality is a lot softer and less detailed.
    Sneaky trick! I thought it was fixed haha
    10-22-2013 03:28 PM
    If somehow Nokia blesses us with RAW control like the 1020 and 1520, we could finally get away from Nokia's crappy post-processing. I don't understand why they have such a huge investment in camera tech, but they are NEVER able to get white balance correct. It's just ridiculous!
    h_portal likes this.
    10-22-2013 03:30 PM
    I dont think it's as prevalent when you look at the photos on a screen.
    10-22-2013 11:52 PM
    I dont think it's as prevalent when you look at the photos on a screen.
    Probably because your eyes don't know any different until you actually look at a side by side comparison and realise how bad it actually is.
    10-23-2013 06:27 AM
    I encourage every single person on this thread to email the following:
    Stephen.elop@nokia.com

Is it Stephen Elop's actual email? I doubt it, but I've used it twice and let's just say you get a better more attentive customer service experience. They're sending me a new phone that they claim will not have this yellowing issue, but they also claimed they hadn't heard of the problem. I think it's a software and not hardware thing, so I'm not sure how a new phone will help, but we'll see.
    10-23-2013 02:58 PM
    Anyone ever wonder if Nokia is doing this on purpose so that we can look forward to the "next great thing". I mean it's not like the phone can't take good images, but to the novice user, it would be a great way to snag someone into buying a Lumia 1020 with "Hey, does your 920 take crappy pictures? Get the 1020!", when indeed they very well COULD fix the problems we are experiencing. I say this because there is absolutely NO WAY Nokia could've tested these "camera fixes" without noticing how terrible the quality is; period. There is no way they could hold two devices (one with Amber and without), take pictures, and see just how TERRIBLE the quality is compared to the old.

Knowing they HAD to see this, push the update anyway, then hyping it up that it "improves photo-capturing capabilities" makes me really think they're trying to get their sale figures up for upcoming/current Lumia devices, especially seeing how the 1020 isn't selling well at all.
    10-23-2013 03:44 PM
    Anyone ever wonder if Nokia is doing this on purpose so that we can look forward to the "next great thing". I mean it's not like the phone can't take good images, but to the novice user, it would be a great way to snag someone into buying a Lumia 1020 with "Hey, does your 920 take crappy pictures? Get the 1020!", when indeed they very well COULD fix the problems we are experiencing. I say this because there is absolutely NO WAY Nokia could've tested these "camera fixes" without noticing how terrible the quality is; period. There is no way they could hold two devices (one with Amber and without), take pictures, and see just how TERRIBLE the quality is compared to the old.

Knowing they HAD to see this, push the update anyway, then hyping it up that it "improves photo-capturing capabilities" makes me really think they're trying to get their sale figures up for upcoming/current Lumia devices, especially seeing how the 1020 isn't selling well at all.
    I'm pretty sure the 1020 has the same problem, just no one notices it because they don't get to see what the unprocessed photos look like. I know for a fact that lower models have the same problem because it's been mentioned in other forums
    10-24-2013 03:46 AM
    Hi guys.
    I updated to GDR3 (I have a developer account) and I can see less yellow but it still remains.
    10-25-2013 10:29 AM
    Actually guys, I've noticed that after I do upload the photos to skydrive and compare the picture on my phone, the yellowish tint is gone and the pictures look sharper. I wish I had this same photo on my phone, but oh well. Hopefully Nokia fixes this, but I will say that I'm still actually pleased with the pictures I take when I upload them....just have to stick with crappy pictures that are on the phone, which still nearly defeats the purpose of having a good camera if you can't review the good photos it takes ON YOUR PHONE.
    10-25-2013 11:28 AM
    Hi. I am from Mexico. I just updated to amber and I just noticed the same yellowish color after I take a photo. More visible on the front cam :/
    10-27-2013 12:36 PM
433 ... 56789 ...