Lumia 920 camera bug after Amber update

Status
Not open for further replies.

nfsleo07

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I am facing the same issue. When we click the image, its clear n sharp but when you click that small Image Preview Circle on top left to view the image just taken, it goes blurry n pale! Hope this gets fixed soon!

dreamfly

Feb 13, 2012
Visit site
Isn't this an issue always? My current AT&T 920 which doesn't have the Amber update yet is behaving exactly the same, click is clear and blurry afterward.

LeLoT3

May 1, 2013
Visit site
Same here.....

I was so happy with the quality after amber, but few seconds later: WTF..... the picture was perfect and now...... WTF heaheheheahh

But I'm still happy, even with this bug is better than pre-amber!

AndreStudart

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
I talked with juha alarkahu (Developing cameras at Nokia, his bio on twitter) and sent him some samples of this ''bug'' via email to him, he got them and I guess he would analyse it, he answered the email saying that he got the images properly and thanked for it..

I guess it's a start for us to see an improvement maybe.. =)

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I talked with juha alarkahu (Developing cameras at Nokia, his bio on twitter) and sent him some samples of this ''bug'' via email to him, he got them and I guess he would analyse it, he answered the email saying that he got the images properly and thanked for it..

wow thanks a lot at least now nokia knows that there are some bugs in the amber update for 920 :)

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site

saw your tweet ^_^

wilsey

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
same problem here as well. =(
View attachment 41206
View attachment 41207

looks like the sharp line and colors really ruined after post processing applied.

Do you mind posting another sample using Default camera and with the Pro Cam?
Got the Amber ready to update, but after reading this and another problems regarding the Wifi where it will turn off when the screen is off., even though the option to Keep Wifi on when the screen is off is enabled, makes me wanna wait first before update my phone to Amber :unhappysweat:

Zamir Yusof

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Do you mind posting another sample using Default camera and with the Pro Cam?
Got the Amber ready to update, but after reading this and another problems regarding the Wifi where it will turn off when the screen is off., even though the option to Keep Wifi on when the screen is off is enabled, makes me wanna wait first before update my phone to Amber :unhappysweat:

same result with default camera, I bet this happen since before update but until now with the latest update we have enough time to look at the pre-processed image.
kinda sad when we know we have a very good image ruined by unwanted post processing.
for WiFi issue, I'm still on mobile data now so can't check yet.

wp_ss_20130825_0016.jpg
wp_ss_20130825_0017.jpg

demonp82

May 1, 2013
Visit site
I had the same "issue" since day 1. it has nothing to do with Amber or GDR2 or even Smart Cam.

correction: Now was trying to make some photos in original app and smart cam. but no such thing. strange. image is sharp and clear.

wilsey

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
same result with default camera, I bet this happen since before update but until now with the latest update we have enough time to look at the pre-processed image.
kinda sad when we know we have a very good image ruined by unwanted post processing.
for WiFi issue, I'm still on mobile data now so can't check yet.

View attachment 41214
View attachment 41215

Thank you for taking some time post the other samples. :)
Exactly, thought that Nokia has figured this out, but in Amber it's still the same. Hope this can be quickly fixed by Nokia firmware, so we don't need to wait until GDR3.

Zamir Yusof

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for taking some time post the other samples. :)
Exactly, thought that Nokia has figured this out, but in Amber it's still the same. Hope this can be quickly fixed by Nokia firmware, so we don't need to wait until GDR3.

You're welcome. I know some people praise the latest algorithm but maybe they haven't encountered this un-favorable condition yet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss