Lumia 920 camera bug after Amber update

Status
Not open for further replies.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I just tested this and set the WB to lightbulb. The post processing still adds yellow tint to the picture..

Another annoying thing: if I press the hardware camera button I have to unlock the phone first (type in my code). This happens only with Nokia Pro Cam, not with the default photo App.

I also just tried the lightbulb WB setting and it does indeed still have a yellow tint. Auto still seems to be a bit better for me, but it occasionally adds a slight yellow tint. Inconsistency.

I also noticed the need to input the unlock code when try to use the hardware camera button to unlock.

Zamir Yusof

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I also just tried the lightbulb WB setting and it does indeed still have a yellow tint. Auto still seems to be a bit better for me, but it occasionally adds a slight yellow tint. Inconsistency.

I also noticed the need to input the unlock code when try to use the hardware camera button to unlock.

It's because the default camera is native WP8 apps while Pro Cam is considered as Lens. Until they do include some exception to this in the future, we shall bear with it.

Regarding the image issue, right now what I always do is set the ISO level to 100~200, and adjust the shutter speed when necessary (depending on lighting). This helps reducing the noise when I auto-fix it later which will reduce the yellow tint.

Zamir Yusof

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
just noticed, happens to Lumia 1020 as well as described here.

and check this review where they comparing the photos taken by several phone with Lumia 925 included. It's quite noticeable that photos captured by 925 have cooler hue compare to the others

Another tip that I forgot to mention ealier, we can use Fantasia Painter (paid) or other editor likes Photo Editor by Aviary to fix the hue. Just use auto balance option (on Fantasia Painter you can adjust the sensitivity slider). This will cast off the unwanted yellow/green tint, but still doesn't fix the sharpness but then this is good enough already.

Last edited:

Sangeeth Sudheer

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
i dun think is nokia pro cam bug ...because i use camera(build in apps ) also have same issue

Same issue here. Here is my problem in detail (same as yours) and with some sample picture comparison: LINK. This problem should be notified. I don't know why no portal (including WPCentral) is mentioning this bug.

Zamir Yusof

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Same issue here. Here is my problem in detail (same as yours) and with some sample picture comparison: LINK. This problem should be notified. I don't know why no portal (including WPCentral) is mentioning this bug.

Maybe because there is not enough people complaining? I've try informing WPCentral team using the Tips function but so far I doesn't see them write about it. If every one of us here notifying them maybe we can get them working 😊

albashiq

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem too.While taking the picture,it looks fine.But when I view the picture,I can actually see the picture being processed with green or yellow filter.

exactly happening to me to
lumia 920 after Amber update
Green yellow color

MrWhiteman

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I have noticed this problem with my L920. When I first take the picture, it takes a beautifully sharp picture, press the corner icon to open the picture and after a second or 2, it gets processed into a blurred hazy piece of crap

MrWhiteman

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Before Nokia screws with it:
wp_ss_20130913_0004_zpse381f1c2.png

After Nokia screws with it:
wp_ss_20130913_0005_zps5ab031ef.png

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
You know that Nokia employees use Nokia phones right? I'm 99.9% sure that that guy took a picture with his 920, and saw the stupid post processing that makes our pic look like crap, that's so sad, what makes me feel really bad, is that Nokia is using the duribility and camera to brand their products, and as soon as we show our friends the results they laugh at our phones, yeah thanks Nokia, how am I suppose to explain to a stupid person that an update can fix this, just wait 2 months!!!!!!!!!!

MrWhiteman

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
For some reason I get the feeling that it's always been like this. It's just that with the old Camera app before Amber, you never got to see the pre-processed pics. I bet Nokia will simply update the Pro Cam app so it doesn't know and no one will be the wiser! I love Windows Phone so I wanna stick with it. But Nokia is the let down here.

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
For some reason I get the feeling that it's always been like this. It's just that with the old Camera app before Amber, you never got to see the pre-processed pics. I bet Nokia will simply update the Pro Cam app so it doesn't know and no one will be the wiser! I love Windows Phone so I wanna stick with it. But Nokia is the let down here.

I can't see the need for the post processing! Now since we know the true power of our cams! Nokia just effing remove the post processing crap!

Btw its not only the 920, I have pro cam on my Lumia 720, same stupid issue, its pro cam that's messing with the photos!

Whats the use of an app that you can manually control what you want, then they just change it all with post processing? Weird.

MrWhiteman

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I don't agree that pro cam is the problem, check these out:

Before post-processing on Pro Cam:
wp_ss_20130913_0011_zps93f2240a.png

After processing on Pro Cam:
wp_ss_20130913_0012_zps2f26cd1a.png

Old Camera App:
wp_ss_20130913_0013_zps142486dc.png

There should be an option to switch off post processing

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I think it's related not with the procam app but with the latest GDR2/Amber update...so the only option would be to wait for Nokia to fix this in the next update...SAD!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro