Lumia 920 camera bug after Amber update

Status
Not open for further replies.

mariusmuntean

Banned
Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
After loosing my nervs with this bug I have found a photo app that is not affected. Pictures remain crisp and look better than ever. Oneshot is the app. Try and post you opinions here

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
After loosing my nervs with this bug I have found a photo app that is not affected. Pictures remain crisp and look better than ever. Oneshot is the app. Try and post you opinions here

Sometimes I like using OneShot but I notice that when you crop the pic it looses the quality...a lot!!!

flame l

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Nokia care called back and I explained this issue.They said''they have not been receiving any reports on this issue".If you guys can call Nokia care (866-665-4298) so that we can get their attention on this issue.

MrWhiteman

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site

I think you might be right. I am liking OneShot.

EDIT: After a bit of experimentation, I believe the tint is still there. See below. Look at the white labelling.

10056425895_6720c7529e_b.jpg

10056397804_3d55ae0bcd_b.jpg

Last edited:

MrWhiteman

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Nokia care called back and I explained this issue.They said''they have not been receiving any reports on this issue".If you guys can call Nokia care (866-665-4298) so that we can get their attention on this issue.

I reported it, they're a bunch of morons

Mat Kfgb

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Hello Im from Argentina and I have a Lumia 920. whit Amber. Nokia Pro Cam indeed yelows the picture. I Use instead Burst Picture and app wich don t put these yellow tint in the photos.
its work prettty well and is far better that Nokia Pro Cam and default camera. Indeed Nokia need to Fix this bug as soon as posible.

However this app works very well its free and the final result is more realistic that nokia Pro cam Takes...

F3rzz

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Going to try that. it's free!

I'm from Chile, using movistar, and i'm having the same problem :/ will post samples later.

MrWhiteman

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Yesterday I propped the camera up and took a picture with; Camera, Nokia Pro Cam, OneShot, Pro Shot and Burst Picture. I couldn't tell any difference between the pictures.

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Hi! I've just tested something out. We all have the yellow tint hue when taking a picture. So far there is only 1 place which is inside I've tested that but it worked great. Using Nokia procam, I leave everything to default except I set the exposure to +1 and it seems that the yellow tint hue is a lot less present and creates a more beautiful pic.

If you have time, please test and reply back.

Last edited:

Ariel Mustaine

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Hello Im from Argentina and I have a Lumia 920. whit Amber. Nokia Pro Cam indeed yelows the picture. I Use instead Burst Picture and app wich don t put these yellow tint in the photos.
its work prettty well and is far better that Nokia Pro Cam and default camera. Indeed Nokia need to Fix this bug as soon as posible.

However this app works very well its free and the final result is more realistic that nokia Pro cam Takes...
I tried burst picture but adds the same yellow filter... maybe less.

Zamir Yusof

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I think you might be right. I am liking OneShot.

EDIT: After a bit of experimentation, I believe the tint is still there. See below. Look at the white labelling.

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3765/10056425895_6720c7529e_b.jpg
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7442/10056397804_3d55ae0bcd_b.jpg

Just tried OneShot this morning. At first I thought it did well with post processing, turned out the problem still happen. I guess the only thing I appreciated is the clean interface and high resolution preview after shot.

Zamir Yusof

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi! I've just tested something out. We all have the yellow tint hue when taking a picture. So far there is only 1 place which is inside I've tested that but it worked great. Using Nokia procam, I leave everything to default except I set the exposure to +1 and it seems that the yellow tint hue is a lot less present and creates a more beautiful pic.

If you have time, please test and reply back.

I agree as I am using Smart Shoot (not Smart Cam), the picture quality is a bit realistic but at the loss of noise reduction. I use Smart Shoot for indoor while for outdoor or scenery I use Pro Cam since the post processing works in favor.

Here are the sample:

Normal cam
WP_20131009_008.jpg

Smart Shoot
WP_20131009_12_55_26_SmartShoot.jpg
the white balance is quiet close to real life and photo appear a bit sharper when compared side by side.

Last edited:

MrWhiteman

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site

RaRa85

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Glad to know other people have the same issue as I just updated to Amber today and am now able to use Pro Cam. Couldn't understand why the pictures were perfect after the initial shot and then blurry and discolored afterwards. Hope to see a fix soon. Until then, I'll be using Pro Shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos