Lumia 920 camera bug after Amber update

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
update to Nokia Camera
less yellowish there

They trick you because the photo you look at in the gallery is already post-processed,so the post-processing doesn't happen "in your face" and you don't notice it. You can still tell the yellowish tint is added because when you take a picture, stare at it for the 1 second it is shown, and then try hard to remember specific areas where you know yellowing occurs. When you look at the picture it saves in the gallery, you can see the yellowish tint applied to the spots you "think" might come up yellow, and the quality is a lot softer and less detailed.

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
They trick you because the photo you look at in the gallery is already post-processed,so the post-processing doesn't happen "in your face" and you don't notice it. You can still tell the yellowish tint is added because when you take a picture, stare at it for the 1 second it is shown, and then try hard to remember specific areas where you know yellowing occurs. When you look at the picture it saves in the gallery, you can see the yellowish tint applied to the spots you "think" might come up yellow, and the quality is a lot softer and less detailed.

Sneaky trick! I thought it was fixed haha

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
If somehow Nokia blesses us with RAW control like the 1020 and 1520, we could finally get away from Nokia's crappy post-processing. I don't understand why they have such a huge investment in camera tech, but they are NEVER able to get white balance correct. It's just ridiculous!

Only Mama Knows

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I encourage every single person on this thread to email the following:
Stephen.elop@nokia.com

Is it Stephen Elop's actual email? I doubt it, but I've used it twice and let's just say you get a better more attentive customer service experience. They're sending me a new phone that they claim will not have this yellowing issue, but they also claimed they hadn't heard of the problem. I think it's a software and not hardware thing, so I'm not sure how a new phone will help, but we'll see.

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Anyone ever wonder if Nokia is doing this on purpose so that we can look forward to the "next great thing". I mean it's not like the phone can't take good images, but to the novice user, it would be a great way to snag someone into buying a Lumia 1020 with "Hey, does your 920 take crappy pictures? Get the 1020!", when indeed they very well COULD fix the problems we are experiencing. I say this because there is absolutely NO WAY Nokia could've tested these "camera fixes" without noticing how terrible the quality is; period. There is no way they could hold two devices (one with Amber and without), take pictures, and see just how TERRIBLE the quality is compared to the old.

Knowing they HAD to see this, push the update anyway, then hyping it up that it "improves photo-capturing capabilities" makes me really think they're trying to get their sale figures up for upcoming/current Lumia devices, especially seeing how the 1020 isn't selling well at all.

MrWhiteman

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Anyone ever wonder if Nokia is doing this on purpose so that we can look forward to the "next great thing". I mean it's not like the phone can't take good images, but to the novice user, it would be a great way to snag someone into buying a Lumia 1020 with "Hey, does your 920 take crappy pictures? Get the 1020!", when indeed they very well COULD fix the problems we are experiencing. I say this because there is absolutely NO WAY Nokia could've tested these "camera fixes" without noticing how terrible the quality is; period. There is no way they could hold two devices (one with Amber and without), take pictures, and see just how TERRIBLE the quality is compared to the old.

Knowing they HAD to see this, push the update anyway, then hyping it up that it "improves photo-capturing capabilities" makes me really think they're trying to get their sale figures up for upcoming/current Lumia devices, especially seeing how the 1020 isn't selling well at all.

I'm pretty sure the 1020 has the same problem, just no one notices it because they don't get to see what the unprocessed photos look like. I know for a fact that lower models have the same problem because it's been mentioned in other forums

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Actually guys, I've noticed that after I do upload the photos to skydrive and compare the picture on my phone, the yellowish tint is gone and the pictures look sharper. I wish I had this same photo on my phone, but oh well. Hopefully Nokia fixes this, but I will say that I'm still actually pleased with the pictures I take when I upload them....just have to stick with crappy pictures that are on the phone, which still nearly defeats the purpose of having a good camera if you can't review the good photos it takes ON YOUR PHONE.

Dante X

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Hi. I am from Mexico. I just updated to amber and I just noticed the same yellowish color after I take a photo. More visible on the front cam :/

mariusmuntean

Banned
Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Hello,
I had this issue too on my 920 and my latest 928. The problem comes when you are using Auto settings for ISO, Shutter Speed and white balance. After talking with an expert photographer I played a little with these settings and voila, perfect photos! The thing you must do is manually adjust some settings if auto mode delivers poor quality. For example, a picture taken outside on a sunny day: on auto mode could get either blurry or overexposed (too much brightness). To get it perfect set iso on either 200 or 400, but try with 200. white balance set manually to sunny.leave everything else auto. If the light outside is bright enough you can try with iso 100 first and see the results. I have tried with iso 200 and the resulting photo was awesome. This applies mostly to ProCam or Nokia Camera but should work very well with stock Camera

Jump Jet

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
Hello,
I had this issue too on my 920 and my latest 928. The problem comes when you are using Auto settings for ISO, Shutter Speed and white balance. After talking with an expert photographer I played a little with these settings and voila, perfect photos! The thing you must do is manually adjust some settings if auto mode delivers poor quality. For example, a picture taken outside on a sunny day: on auto mode could get either blurry or overexposed (too much brightness). To get it perfect set iso on either 200 or 400, but try with 200. white balance set manually to sunny.leave everything else auto. If the light outside is bright enough you can try with iso 100 first and see the results. I have tried with iso 200 and the resulting photo was awesome. This applies mostly to ProCam or Nokia Camera but should work very well with stock Camera

change white balance , iso, or what also same ...this is post process

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss