Lumia 920 camera bug after Amber update

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrWhiteman

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I'm now disgusted with Nokia after the last update and this not being fixed. In fact it feels like it's worse.

10557205296_aa64f4c55e_b.jpg

10557201446_fb6e1bba62_b.jpg

mariusmuntean

Banned
Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Here are some sample pictures taken with manual settings on my Lumia 928:
1. Outside, afternoon ISO 200, white balance sunny, shutter speed automatically set by phone at 1/938
outside.jpg
2. Inside, iso 200, white balance auto, shutter speed automatically set by phone at 1/13
inside.jpg
3. Ouside at Dusk (late afternoon) ISO 400, White balance manual on cloudy, shutter speed automatically set at 1/25. Being a low light photo I was not so steady with my hands so this one could have gotten better.
dusk.jpg

MrWhiteman

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Here are some sample pictures taken with manual settings on my Lumia 928:

If you could take a picture, immediately take a screenshot and then take another screenshot of the picture again but in the HD viewer, that would show whether you're right or not. Until then, I don't believe you.

mariusmuntean

Banned
Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Ok,
The first picture is before it's saved to the phone, unprocessed. Looks sharper but the overall quality is low, looks undefined:
unprocessed.jpg

The second pitcture is the one that was actually saved on the phone, processed.
processed.jpg

Bear in mind that taking screenshot of the phone screen degrades overall quality. Take a look at the taken picture, below. I have uploaded it directly from the Camera Roll, and not by screenshooting it from HD Photo.
full.jpg

I haven't played much with the settings for this photo, took it with ISO 200 and Cloudy White Balance.

greycounciller

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
The overall thing to bear in mind with this issue and thread, is that it came IN with the Amber update so it will be solved with a simple fix via a software update (think ala proximity sensor issue). All posts are covering the same point and will need the same fix. So patience is needed for either a specific camera fix, or the full GDR3 update.

MrWhiteman

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I wanted to take a picture with as many of the camera apps I have and they are pretty much all the same. If anyone knows of any other camera apps I will take a look. Smart Shoot and Nokia Smart Cam don't suffer with post-processing but they have no settings or flash capabilities so I don't consider them proper camera apps.

ProShot
10653625055_12ea6e7708_b.jpg

Burst Picture:
10653713546_df50f61892_b.jpg

Camera:
10653694684_cfa70002f1_b.jpg

Pro Camera / Nokia Pro Cam:
10653678674_be89586ccc_b.jpg

OneShot
10653637915_55ceeee619_b.jpg

Evangelosb

May 9, 2013
Visit site
The overall thing to bear in mind with this issue and thread, is that it came IN with the Amber update so it will be solved with a simple fix via a software update (think ala proximity sensor issue). All posts are covering the same point and will need the same fix. So patience is needed for either a specific camera fix, or the full GDR3 update.
Nokia has promised "numerous new camera algorithms," coming with black update. That is early 2014, so I don't think we should be expecting any kind of fix before that.

mariusmuntean

Banned
Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
There is indeed a difference between photos taken before and after amber update if you take this issue as general for every user.
As I have said you can flash a pre-amber firmware to your device if you want to solve this problem until Black comes out and hopefully it will fix the post processing algorithm.
I can get good results with manual settings but I have to play some time with them until I get the picture I want. For outdoor photos it works better, but for indoor photos I have to struggle to get quality.
I will flash the pre-amber firmware on my 928, because not always I have time to setup the manual settings. For a quick shot, if I am in a hurry I want also to have great quality and with current post processing algorithm taking pictures in Auto mode is a nono

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium