Lumia 920 camera bug after Amber update

Status
Not open for further replies.

dznk

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
some 1020 users have reported this also.

Thanks. If that's the case then, I wonder if we could tell if this is fixed soon when the 1520 gets released, as that will run Black straight out of the box. It will be interesting to see what the photos on that are like.

jey979

May 29, 2013
Visit site
Same the post processing in my 920 makes the pic soft :-/ something has to be done asap Nokia plz release an update for camera..!!! Soon..!!!

mariusmuntean

Banned
Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Well badly for us nothing is to be done until Black firmware update comes out. I am saying this because I dought Nokia will care to release some fix. They have messed up big time, and is not the first time. First with the reboots and freezing, then with the signal dropouts and fluctuation now with the camera. I am just curious if there are more than 10 professional employees working on these products before releasing them to masses?
I know it's a headache but try to play with the manual settings until you get the results you want. I've done this, spent more than one our trying different scenarios.
I am using ISO 200 and manual WB for outdoor pictures and ISO 200/ISO400 and manual WB for indoor photos.
For very low light pictures you have to try a few times until you get a fine photo.

MrWhiteman

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Well badly for us nothing is to be done until Black firmware update comes out. I am saying this because I dought Nokia will care to release some fix. They have messed up big time, and is not the first time. First with the reboots and freezing, then with the signal dropouts and fluctuation now with the camera. I am just curious if there are more than 10 professional employees working on these products before releasing them to masses?
I know it's a headache but try to play with the manual settings until you get the results you want. I've done this, spent more than one our trying different scenarios.
I am using ISO 200 and manual WB for outdoor pictures and ISO 200/ISO400 and manual WB for indoor photos.
For very low light pictures you have to try a few times until you get a fine photo.

Ive tried all the settings and nothing worked for me

MrWhiteman

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
This is what Nokias camera guy said to me on twitter "We are continuously improving our algorithms. The slight color shift from thumbnail to final image is not "a bug"."

I'm gobsmacked. Can people please send him tweets about it because it needs to be heard. Www.twitter.com/jalakarhu

dznk

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
I've finally FINALLY just signed up to twitter, never bothered with it before. My first tweet is to this guy about the tint! :grin:

Qtweeder

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
:) - hehe, i get you, i am not a tweeter by any means, only recently signed up myself,have really only used it for tweeting similar tech complaints to this one

I've finally FINALLY just signed up to twitter, never bothered with it before. My first tweet is to this guy about the tint! :grin:

dznk

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
so r we left helpless???

Well they said they are improving the algorithms for future updates, so lets hope that they improve it back to how it was ;)

I'm a little surprised that I only seem to see this mentioned here and there, it's never made much of a storm and most people have never heard of the 'issue'. It appears most people have never noticed any difference. If you're into your photography or look at many pics taken with the phone as we do on this forum, you do see the difference between pre Amber and post Amber. It looks as though we'll see what Black brings to the table in terms of image quality, other than that, we stick with it.

jey979

May 29, 2013
Visit site
Well they said they are improving the algorithms for future updates, so lets hope that they improve it back to how it was ;)

I'm a little surprised that I only seem to see this mentioned here and there, it's never made much of a storm and most people have never heard of the 'issue'. It appears most people have never noticed any difference. If you're into your photography or look at many pics taken with the phone as we do on this forum, you do see the difference between pre Amber and post Amber. It looks as though we'll see what Black brings to the table in terms of image quality, other than that, we stick with it.

actually v gotta stick with it :p no other go!! Lets hope nd wait for the nxt update for better imaging quality!!! :)
Btw any idea when GDR 3 wil be out???

dznk

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Have you guys tried the new nokia camera? Or the stock camera app? Does this issue still happen?
Yep, still occurs with both of them.

actually v gotta stick with it :p no other go!! Lets hope nd wait for the nxt update for better imaging quality!!! :)
Btw any idea when GDR 3 wil be out???
Yep, hopefully Black will change things for the better. You can get GDR3 itself now through the developer method, I have it on my phone, but Black, which is GDR3+Nokias bits should start appearing on current phones early 2014. The 1320 and 1520 get the Black update preinstalled, but we have to wait a little longer :)

jey979

May 29, 2013
Visit site
Yep, still occurs with both of them.

Yep, hopefully Black will change things for the better. You can get GDR3 itself now through the developer method, I have it on my phone, but Black, which is GDR3+Nokias bits should start appearing on current phones early 2014. The 1320 and 1520 get the Black update preinstalled, but we have to wait a little longer :)

hmm hope t comes by this year end :)

dznk

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Me too. I'm hoping we can get it ourselves through the developer method like GDR3, but I doubt it. I don't like waiting for OTA updates, but it seems that's the way things are done now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster