Lumia 920 camera bug after Amber update

Status
Not open for further replies.

alpha beta gaga

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
well my new white 920.1 simfree arrived a couple of days ago. after reading this thread whilst waiting for it to arrive, i was a little concerned how the camera would be with the latest amber update. to be honest i'm more than happy with the results. all pics were taken with flash off, all else to auto.

Nokia Camera

WP_20131124_12_48_29_Pro.jpg

Camera

WP_20131124_008.jpg

Nokia Camera

WP_20131124_12_58_04_Pro.jpg

Camera

WP_20131124_011.jpg

sorry for the bathroom shots but i wanted to see how whites came out and that is pretty much as white as it gets in my flat :smile: generally from what i have seen i prefer the nokia camera results vs just the stock camera app.

alpha beta gaga

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
How on earth have you got these photos? The quality is awesome. I really don't understand what the heck is wrong in our phones :(

Production variations! A few have very very good cameras while the majority have bad units... It's Nokia....
guess i am pretty lucky so far then. what makes it sweeter is the 920 only cost me ?230 simfree & new last week. back it march 13 when i trialled it for a week, it was ?500. couldn't justify it then so returned that unit but coudn't resist it again when i saw the prices now.

supershi80

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Good news:
Nokia Black firmware solves the issue because there is a review of Nokia 1520 that says:
" It has the same camera technology as the 4.5-inch Lumia 1020, though a software fix gets rid of the 1020's tendency to make images too yellow. "
:)))))

we are wainting for the nokia black upgrade :)

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Before i sold my Lumia 920, i can safely say the Amber update caused my 920 to generate poorer picture quality than pre-Amber (which was incredible). The blurriness of pictures was much more frequent, too bad because i loved the camera and got a lot of amazing summer pictures.

MrWhiteman

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Good news:
Nokia Black firmware solves the issue because there is a review of Nokia 1520 that says:
" It has the same camera technology as the 4.5-inch Lumia 1020, though a software fix gets rid of the 1020's tendency to make images too yellow. "
:)))))

we are wainting for the nokia black upgrade :)

Still, Christmas pictures are going to be ruined

AndreStudart

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
It's not thaaaat bad, I agree it could be a lot better, but the photos are still amazing, but nokia seriously needs to get the work done, 1 year since 920 was launched and they still couldn't find algorithms good enough to take out the most of this powerful camera

dznk

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
I agree, they're not terrible. Yes, they need improving, or even just putting it back to pre-Amber, but I took a lot of pictures with the 920 on a recent holiday and many came out absolutely great.

mariusmuntean

Banned
Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
if pictures of the holiday season are really that important to you and you feel the 920 will 'ruin' your moments, use a camera
This is no way to solve an issue: "If you don't like it, use something else", no, if Nokia is thinking like you do they are going to loose a lot. That ***** who made the new camera processing algorithm should get another pair of glasses or take a second set of photography courses.

alpha beta gaga

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
This is no way to solve an issue: "If you don't like it, use something else", no, if Nokia is thinking like you do they are going to loose a lot. That ***** who made the new camera processing algorithm should get another pair of glasses or take a second set of photography courses.

I thought the Lumia 920 was 'supposed' to be a camera!

well this thread http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-920/200218-pictures-videos-taken-your-920-a.html shows there are plenty of users who have taken shots recently who have zero problems with their units so it cannot be a software issue and must be hardware related. if you have faulty hardware, can your units not be returned as faulty under warranty?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6