Lumia 920 camera bug after Amber update

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrWhiteman

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
well this thread http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-920/200218-pictures-videos-taken-your-920-a.html shows there are plenty of users who have taken shots recently who have zero problems with their units so it cannot be a software issue and must be hardware related. if you have faulty hardware, can your units not be returned as faulty under warranty?

The people who have taken "good" pictures, have not taken comparison pictures i.e a screenshot of the preview then a screenshot of it in the HD Viewer. The pictures look 'kinda' good if you don't compare them with the original. We have 3 920s in our home and all have the same issue.

alpha beta gaga

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
i'm trying to understand. why are you getting the 'softening' you mention to your pics that i'm just not seeing in mine? if it was as you say a software issue, wouldn't i get the softening too?

well my new white 920.1 simfree arrived a couple of days ago. after reading this thread whilst waiting for it to arrive, i was a little concerned how the camera would be with the latest amber update. to be honest i'm more than happy with the results. all pics were taken with flash off, all else to auto.

Nokia Camera

View attachment 50520

Camera

View attachment 50522

Nokia Camera

View attachment 50523

Camera

View attachment 50526

sorry for the bathroom shots but i wanted to see how whites came out and that is pretty much as white as it gets in my flat :smile: generally from what i have seen i prefer the nokia camera results vs just the stock camera app.

MrWhiteman

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
i'm trying to understand. why are you getting the 'softening' you mention to your pics that i'm just not seeing in mine? if it was as you say a software issue, wouldn't i get the softening too?

I don't think you are noticing it. Follow these instructions:

Take a photo and IMMEDIATELY take a screenshot you get this:
11235241305_5225a78ee3_b.jpg

and then click the viewer icon in the top right corner and wait a couple of seconds and take another screenshot you get this:

11235345073_9d99f159df_b.jpg

From sharp to sh*t. Obviously not caused by hardware or it wouldn't be able to take a nice picture at the beginning. I took those in pitch black with FA light & flash.

And as has already been discussed 100 times, it's not because it's being viewed on the phone and not a PC, it's the same anywhere you put the picture.

P.S These are new pictures taken on my new yellow 920, not the old ones taken from early in this thread.

dirk ossebaar

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
The camera is truly worthless, no matter what they say, if it was only that but the whole phone is flawed to the core, never again will I be fooled into nokia

jey979

May 29, 2013
Visit site
Before the amber update twice I noticed when i press the shutter button a green colour screen appeared but wen I reboot it went off and once after the amber update I noticed the same..!!! Has anyone came across this??

dznk

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site

totoro0106

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
Hopefully black is able to solve this green tint problem. Currently what i do is remove the green tint by using fantasia painter's "rgb colour balance" ( adjust the green colour to a certain minus value ). hope this helps.

AndrewL920

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I am also experiencing this camera bug when using Nokia Camera or default built-in camera. The image taken by camera looks amazing but after 2 seconds it became yellowish. I also tried the front camera and it is far worse than my previous nokia N70. I look like a yellowish sick person when using front camera of my lumia 920.

dznk

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
I don't expect 1020 and 925 customers to look at this post but if they do, has Black fixed the issue?

Yep, it appears it has fixed this tint issue from what I've seen/heard. Take a look at this article and this one as well. In the first article, he actually says the following:

One of the achilles heels of the Nokia Amber image processing was a slight yellow tint to flash-illuminated photos, but Black seems to have sorted this out.

The second article has some good Amber to Black comparison shots as well. The true test is obviously getting Black on our 920's and finding out for ourselves, but it certainly sounds positive :)

Etienne Cicerone

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Yep, it appears it has fixed this tint issue from what I've seen/heard. Take a look at this article and this one as well. In the first article, he actually says the following:

The second article has some good Amber to Black comparison shots as well. The true test is obviously getting Black on our 920's and finding out for ourselves, but it certainly sounds positive :)

Still have yellow\green bug, lumia 920 IT Country Variant with Black firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss