Lumia 920 camera bug after Amber update

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrWhiteman

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
It's total bullcrap. iphone 4 takes better pictures. I can see that this issue isn't going to be fixed for 920 users and while 1020 and 1520 users will get RAW as a workaround, it doesn't fix the problem.

I am going to take a before and after picture so that when EE finally release Black in a few centuries, I will know for sure.

In fact, looking at the second article from the above post at the top of this page, Black makes the pictures even softer than they were before.

Senad Klepic

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
So updated to Black. Only thing i like (currently) is the multitasking "X". Camera same softens like earlier, i really hoped that we will get some "love" from Nokia. But we got screwed.

P.S These who say that IP4 has a better camera well dunno what you looking at, my buddy has a IP4s and I still take better pictures then him. But the postprocesing is really killing the L920.

mariusmuntean

Banned
Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
I have reports from 925 and 920 users that the excessive softening is NOT fixed. The comparison was made with Nokia Camera App,stock Camera App, ProCam and Camera360 which seems to be the only app that is not affected by Nokia's algorithm.
Both photos taken with Nokia Camera and stock camera came out with great loss of sharpness and detail while those taken with Camera360 came out stunning!
Tests were made on outdoor photos. This is not ok, users have expected a fix from Nokia but they have failed to deliver.

dznk

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Well this is disappointing to hear, especially after hearing early reports of good photos on the 1020 and some on the 925 as well. It appears it's not as good as it initially sounded then, at least with the 925 and our 920's. I'll take some pics with mine just before updating to Black (whevener EE release the update though) and see if I can spot any improvements with mine, but I'm not that confident now.

AndrewL920

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
920 has been released on September 2012. I have saved money for 6 months to be able to buy my 920 on November 2013. My main issue on the camera of my 920 is the softening and yellowish post processing produced by the default camera or Nokia Camera. I was hoping to get a natural and sharp photo by Black update. I am so disappointed. It seems like 920 has been phased out of their support. Look how you take photos. It is sharp and wonderful bu after 2 seconds it become blurry.

supershi80

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Ehi good news.
Today we have an update of nokia camera beta to 4.5.1.6 and with my 920 with Black the issue seem to be disappeared :)
Please give me a feedback about this.

Qtweeder

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Ehi good news.
Today we have an update of nokia camera beta to 4.5.1.6 and with my 920 with Black the issue seem to be disappeared :)
Please give me a feedback about this.

camera beta is for our 920? i thought it was for other lesser camera centric devices only, so does this supercede/improve on the latest gdr3/lumia black camera app in the 920?

mariusmuntean

Banned
Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
My thoughts are that Nokia screwed up this algorithm for older devices in purpose, to make users buy latest ones. I cannot find any other reason why, for so long, no one at Nokia was able to detect these problems..
Please do test with Camera Beta and post the results. Also download the XAP from the store and save it on your PC. Who knows what Nokia might do to it in the next updates. (this in case it really works and provides better results, notable.)

Senad Klepic

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
I also can confirm, colors are more accurate and the sharpens is better with CameraBeta. Later i will post 100% crop all in all i'll use CameraBeta till we don't get update on NokiaCamera.

Last edited:

AndrewL920

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site

AndrewL920

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site

alpha beta gaga

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
@AndrewL920

i assume you own a 920. why not download the nokia camera beta onto your 920 and do the tests you want? surely what you see with your eyes on your own 920 is what matters.

mariusmuntean

Banned
Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
It would be better for us if more users will post examples. This way we can see if there is a sw update issue and a reflash might fix it, or if it's an algorithm problem which was not fixed by Nokia. Weird thing is why is the stock camera app affected?

Senad Klepic

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
Maybe (but maybe) they don't know how to fix it?
When we look at it, this bug won't force me to buy a new phone so that ain't their goal, nor its making our devices useless. Maybe its like i am defending them but i don't know, its either they don't know how to solve this bug, or they are sitting in their chairs and thinking these idiots think we care.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers