Lumia 920 camera bug after Amber update

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndrewL920

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Maybe (but maybe) they don't know how to fix it?
When we look at it, this bug won't force me to buy a new phone so that ain't their goal, nor its making our devices useless. Maybe its like i am defending them but i don't know, its either they don't know how to solve this bug, or they are sitting in their chairs and thinking these idiots think we care.

Both... They don't know how to fix it and they do not care about their beta phone 920 guinea pigs.

supershi80

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Black has made small improvments if any... But I had no problems with yellowish photos though

Please, send two images of the same phone with Nokia Camera, one before and one after the postprocessing (take the screenshots with [windows button]+[power button])

Here is my result with 920 and Lumia Black, if you compare the images (crop of the same photo before and after the postprocessing) you can see the issue.

Attachments

• before.png
    before.png
    299.4 KB · Views: 110
  • after.png
    after.png
    334.9 KB · Views: 110

AndrewL920

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Before Amber Update, the photo was wonderful, sharp and not yellowish which makes my friend using iPhone 5 and S3 Jealous.
After Amber Update, the photo was blurred and yellowish. ruined by jpeg/photo processing.
Nokia said that they address this issue with Black Update but unfortunately, they ended the support for their beta phone guinea 920 not fixing the problem.

Since Nokia ended their support for fixing camera issues with guinea 920, how do I get back to the stock firmware? Not Amber or Black.

PS: Open Nokia Camera App, Go to settings, and turn on Photo Preview. You will see how processing ruined the photo. As I said, before Amber the photos was sharp, wonderful, and not yellowish.

mariusmuntean

Banned
Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
there is an application with which you can download all firmware versions from the first one to the last. PM me and I will tell you details. I can't post here the app name and source.
I know that from Amber Nokia screwed up things for lumia 920,928,925 phones for the most. And yes, Black update seems to NOT fix this problem.
ON 1020 RAW option takes away the processing algorithm, but for these other models...well users are left with a "sad smile".
Just PM me and I will tell you how to flash pre-amber rom. My previous posts contain an info about an app for WP8 that does not "suffer" from Nokia's buggy algorithm. Check it out.

Etienne Cicerone

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
there is an application with which you can download all firmware versions from the first one to the last. PM me and I will tell you details. I can't post here the app name and source.
I know that from Amber Nokia screwed up things for lumia 920,928,925 phones for the most. And yes, Black update seems to NOT fix this problem.
ON 1020 RAW option takes away the processing algorithm, but for these other models...well users are left with a "sad smile".
Just PM me and I will tell you how to flash pre-amber rom. My previous posts contain an info about an app for WP8 that does not "suffer" from Nokia's buggy algorithm. Check it out.

Flashing a previous firmware version prevent you from using all constrained applications after Amber and Black, isn't it?

Senad Klepic

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
Ye that would be cool, since we have a lot of pics from Amber devices, Black devices post some of the Portico ones so we can do a total compare.

AndrewL920

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone claim that Black has fixed the issue? If so, what ROM are you using?

Those people who claim that this issue has been fixed, they do not know turn On Photo Review that is why they can't see the difference. Unfortunately, Black Update didn't fixed this camera issue.

Last edited:

Senad Klepic

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
Those people who claim that this issue has been fixed, they do not know turn On Photo Preview that is why they can't see the difference. Unfortunately, Black Update didn't fixed this camera issue.
Please start using Photo review not Preview :D ( every time i see that i think about something else )

Rodrigo Mendes

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site

Senad Klepic

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
Sadly nokia doesn't give a **** about this. Why? Well they had a whole update Amber -> Black to solve it, and they talk "we don't see it" my ***.
Like all say it we are test pigs thats all ^^.

AndrewL920

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Sadly nokia doesn't give a **** about this. Why? Well they had a whole update Amber -> Black to solve it, and they talk "we don't see it" my ***.
Like all say it we are test pigs thats all ^^.

Have you tried using the Front Facing Camera? Damn! I took some self photo and I look like a Simpson. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers