Lumia 920 camera bug after Amber update

Status
Not open for further replies.

alpha beta gaga

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
The images before postprocessing are amazing, after instead are too soft and the chromatic color is wrong.
Is very simple to see ;-)
so the four images (post-processing) i put up yesterday in both threads are also too 'soft'? yes? the same images that someone quoted as being 'amazing'. i'm looking only for your comments on the 4 images i have posted.

supershi80

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
so the four images (post-processing) i put up yesterday in both threads are also too soft? yes? the same images that someone quoted as being 'amazing'.

Yes, I confirm you that are soft. If you want see the real capacity of 920 take the same photos before and after the postprocessing and you can see the big difference in term of quality.

Senad Klepic

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
I don't know whats with you guys, but before PP colors (here) are not correct but after PP they are. The shaprnes is lost a bit but the colors are accurate. End telling someone (colors are correct don't know how can you know better then the picture taker who sees the object).

supershi80

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
I don't know whats with you guys, but before PP colors (here) are not correct but after PP they are. The shaprnes is lost a bit but the colors are accurate. End telling someone (colors are correct don't know how can you know better then the picture taker who sees the object).

Are you sure?

See my photos in the other thread "Lumia 920 photo quality post black update" page 1, post 21
See photos in the other thread "Lumia 920 photo quality post black update" page 1, post 6
See more review in other sites (if you want I send you some links ;-) ) and thread in other forums in all the world and you can see that the white balance (and colors) after the postprocessing is wrong.

And the sharpness is not lost a bit but a lot ;-) (is very simple to see it you look at the table in the last photos of Himanshu Chowdhary)

Rodrigo Mendes

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Are you sure?

See my photos in the other thread "Lumia 920 photo quality post black update" page 1, post 21
See photos in the other thread "Lumia 920 photo quality post black update" page 1, post 6
See more review in other site (if you want I send you some links ;-) ) and thread in other forums in all the world and you can see that the white balance (and colors) after the postprocessing is wrong.

And the sharpness is not lost a bit but a lot ;-)

You prove your point, but still that, Lumia 920 c?mera make outstading results. Better than Galaxy s4 (wich have a good c?mera) or Iphone 5s (wich have only a ok c?mera).

I agree with you, Nokia needs to look for 920 agressive postprocess, but results still very good.

supershi80

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
You prove your point, but still that, Lumia 920 c?mera make outstading results. Better than Galaxy s4 (wich have a good c?mera) or Iphone 5s (wich have only a ok c?mera).

I agree with you, Nokia needs to look for 920 agressive postprocess, but results still very good.

All the comparisons (that I see) on the web between Iphone5 and 920 always wins Iphone5 (and I think Iphone5s is better that 5)
Also GalaxyIII more times wins on 920

Bye example (a comment by a review taked from the web):
"The Nokia Lumia 920 yields a high amount of noise, and there is a lot of softening happening on the device. This makes for less distinct images, lacking a bit in sharpness.
The Apple iPhone 5 and Samsung Galaxy S III performed similarly to each other - detail was relatively high, with noise in check. They are our favorites here."

Then, can you explain me why you say that 920 is better that Iphone5s and GS4 ?

Last edited:

Senad Klepic

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
Maybe i wrote wrong, sharpnes gets too soft i agree on that .
But take a look at my picture of the screwdriver while it indeed its more pleasant to look at (vivd colors) its over saturated while after PP is closer to the natural one.

Actually i agree, my buddy has the GS4 and the pictures are mostly better on my L920. And on the web there are many comparisons, while the GS4 wins in landscape pictures ( because of the softnes of the L920 ) in macro and night shots the lumia is the better one.
If you take in the account that the L925 isn't that much better in camera then the L920, and keeping in mind the L925/L1020/I5s showdown you can see that it holds its ground. ( i said that the L925 isn't much better after looking into another showdown on wpcentral L920/L925/L1020 ). By all these examples i think we can say for sure GSIII and I5 ain't really better then the L920.

supershi80

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Maybe i wrote wrong, sharpnes gets too soft i agree on that .
But take a look at my picture of the screwdriver while it indeed its more pleasant to look at (vivd colors) its over saturated while after PP is closer to the natural one.

I can only believe you about the colors on the photo of the screw because I don't see with my eyes the real image, but I can confirm you that with three 920 (one is mine, other two is of my friends) all the photos that I create have wrong WB

PS
See the yellow of the screwdriver, I suppose (because I don't see the with my eyes) that is not correct in the photo after the postprocessing

Last edited:

MrWhiteman

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
so the four images (post-processing) i put up yesterday in both threads are also too 'soft'? yes? the same images that someone quoted as being 'amazing'. i'm looking only for your comments on the 4 images i have posted.

Even Himanshu's 'after' pictures still look nice until you compare them with the before pictures. It's a matter of perspective, the images look nice until they are side-by-side with their unprocessed counterparts. It's like thinking your girlfriend is sexy until she stands next to a supermodel, suddenly she doesn't look sexy any more.

Another way of putting it is I think my car looks quite nice but when I park next to a top end Mercedes it looks like a piece of crap. It's all about perspective.

hope4wp

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
After looking at your pics I think we should stop reviewing our photo....and can you please show this to that twitter guy??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss